Starting to Explore Resale

keaster

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone! We are direct owners at AKL and beginning the process of looking to add on resale, so I've been routinely checking all the resale sites. I'm finding that Fidelity seems to have some of the lowest prices per point compared to the others. Are there are other costs with them you don't see up front? If anyone has dealt with them, how have they been?

Thanks, I may ask many more questions as we continue on!

Fidelity does charge a $195 administration fee. I bought a 150 BWV contract through them; even with the fee they were less expensive. My seller took awhile to send back their documents so my only issue with Fidelity was I felt like I was always asking for a status update (I think if I didn't ask- they wouldn't have told me about the delays!)

Their website of listings is terrible- it's not up to date. You need to contact them to get on their email listings (which they seem to be only sending out every other week)

I am currently in the resale process with DVC resale market. Other than the slow process (which is almost ALL resales regardless of broker) it's been going well. I will say DVC resale market seems to have the highest prices and we paid a ridiculous amount for an AKV contract however it was what we were looking for and I'm not buying this as an financial investment but as an investment in my family and our memories so price wasn't the biggest issue. DVC resale market sends an email daily with current listings and you can make an offer right from their website. I took the path of least resistance vs cost savings.

We are 4.5 weeks past accepted offer and 9 days passed ROFR passing so we still have a lot of waiting ahead!

Best of luck

If you want to buy from Fidelity, you should get on their email list. When you see a contract you want, you must be able to move on it immediately. I took precisely 11 minutes from the time the email hit my box to filling out their online form and pressing "submit" to buy the contract I wanted. When Shawn contacted me 2 hours later, she said there were FOUR offers within 30 minutes, but mine was first and would be presented first. At each step of the way, Fidelity has been prompt about sending me updates. I'm presently waiting on First American Title for the final paperwork, which is undoubtedly delayed by the recent hurricane.

I just bought a contract from Fidelity. They have the $195 fee, but otherwise, the closing fees are the same ballpark as other brokers. They use the same title company as The Timeshare Store (whom I also bought from). Aside from Fidelity not informing me that the seller was international, I had no issues with either broker. Know exactly what resort/s you want, approximately how many points and the price you're willing to pay. Get on as many mailing lists as possible, and watch your email closely. Call as soon as you see something you like. Some contracts, especially smaller ones go within minutes.

Hello everyone! We are direct owners at AKL and beginning the process of looking to add on resale, so I've been routinely checking all the resale sites. I'm finding that Fidelity seems to have some of the lowest prices per point compared to the others. Are there are other costs with them you don't see up front? If anyone has dealt with them, how have they been?

Thanks, I may ask many more questions as we continue on!

Good luck with your search for more points. If you would like to be added to our distribution list please email us at sales@dvcstore.com. Our emails will arrive in your inbox Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. You might know this but if you buy another contract with the same "use year" and title it the same as your current ownership everything will fall under the same membership number.

Good luck!!!

Yamilin Alfonso
Yamilin@dvcstore

Just remember the broker does not set the price, it's the seller. The broker adds fees, closing costs, insurance...
In general the broker's fees and charges are very much the same. In the overall cost of the purchase, not so much. What is important is finding the contract you want, resort, Use Year and of course the price.

So if you offer full asking price say with Fidelity, must they take the first full price offer, or could they look and see that another buyer might be offering an extra $5 per point on what they are asking and take it? This broker seems to come out cheaper in the end, even with other fees, but you must be on your toes in order to get a good deal. Kinda stressful sounding.

We are going through Fidelity right now. We saw a contract we wanted, emailed the offer and heard back within a few hours from the agent. We offered below asking price, and our offer was accepted the next day. No hassle or stress at all. It went to rofr three days later. We are on day 9 of that process. We have been kept updated as well. I would say the good price is worth any possible stress, but we have been fortunate with ours being accepted right away.

We are going through Fidelity right now. We saw a contract we wanted, emailed the offer and heard back within a few hours from the agent. We offered below asking price, and our offer was accepted the next day. No hassle or stress at all. It went to rofr three days later. We are on day 9 of that process. We have been kept updated as well. I would say the good price is worth any possible stress, but we have been fortunate with ours being accepted right away.

Where did you actually see contracts with Fidelity? Whenever I check their site it seems extremely out of date.

So if you offer full asking price say with Fidelity, must they take the first full price offer, or could they look and see that another buyer might be offering an extra $5 per point on what they are asking and take it? This broker seems to come out cheaper in the end, even with other fees, but you must be on your toes in order to get a good deal. Kinda stressful sounding.
I have put three full price offers on contracts with them and all were accepted. I believe it's their policy to present a full price offer to the seller, and not any other offers until the seller has said ok. I can't confirm this as I do not work for them, but other anecdotal evidence suggests this might be the case.

Where did you actually see contracts with Fidelity? Whenever I check their site it seems extremely out of date.
They rarely update their website. You'd have to sign up for their email listings. They send them out every other week or so depending on how many listings they have. Not sure if they're on FB or Twitter as well.

I have been stalking the website. I saw a Poly contract come up that was priced very low, and made an offer right away online. I assumed it was already taken, but we received a phone call from the agent not too long after.

Fidelity's emails have been coming on Thursdays lately, but it is not always on Thursday. It is usually 1 per week. There is a link right below each listing in the email for making an offer and any I've attempted were gone by the time I submitted - sometimes as little as 20 minutes after the email came. I realize the seller sets the price, but Fidelity always seems to have the lowest prices (even factoring in the $195 fee) but you have to act fast. One time I made an offer on a contract for a home resort I didn't even want because it was a good price and the right number of points and I just got so caught up in it. Lol. Good thing it was already gone, I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter