Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Reaction and Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMaxRebo

DIS Veteran
Well, we are just days away from the wide release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi - and given the level of discussion that took place to the thread that was devoted to the trailer I figured people would want to talk about the actual movie as well

Also, I figured that by having a separate thread it would make it clear where to go if you have seen the move and/or are ok with spoilers, vs. people just adding comments and links to reviews, etc. in the main news thread.

The world premiere took place this last Saturday and while viewers aren't allowed to give official reviews until noon EST on Tuesday (less than 23 hours from now) they were able to provide initial thoughts via twitter.

Below are a few links with a number of those takes and *SPOILER* - The reaction is extremely positive!!!!

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-fi...-are-here-and-guys-rian-johnson-may-have-made

[URL]https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2017/12/10/star-wars-last-jedi-raves-dominate-first-twitter-reactions/938330001/

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/star-wars-the-last-jedi-review-reactions-twitter-roundup-rian-johnson-mark-hamill-a8101786.html[/URL]

Last edited:
Well, we are just days away from the wide release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi - and given the level of discussion that took place to the thread that was devoted to the trailer I figured people would want to talk about the actual movie as well

Also, I figured that by having a separate thread it would make it clear where to go if you have seen the move and/or are ok with spoilers, vs. people just adding comments and links to reviews, etc. in the main news thread.

The world premiere took place this last Saturday and while viewers aren't allowed to give official reviews until noon EST on Tuesday (less than 23 hours from now) they were able to provide initial thoughts via twitter.

Below is a link with a number of those takes and *SPOILER* - The reaction is extremely positive!!!!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...s-dominate-first-twitter-reactions/938330001/
Link isn't working for me.

I’m seeing it Thursday night and very excited. You beat me to it though @TheMaxRebo i thought about creating this thread yesterday haha

haha, I was just thinking about it and (PM'd @rteetz as to the plan - who welcomed me to start a thread ... thus this thread) just after seeing some of those initial takes and thinking someone might put a link in the main news thread and some people not wanting to even see that, etc. - so better to get out ahead of it

Unfortunately we can't see it until Friday (I know, first world problems having to wait an entire day) but it is part of my son's birthday present (he turns 6 on Wed) so should be a good time!

Got it now I didn't see that before!

yeah, no worries - it's weird, that first page doesn't come up if I just copy-paste the address into the address bar of my browser, but does when one clicks on the link (I swear, I did try testing it!)

Again I'm in that spot of not sure to bring the 8 year old. Anxious to hear about intensity and violence levels compared to the force awakens and rogue one.

Again I'm in that spot of not sure to bring the 8 year old. Anxious to hear about intensity and violence levels compared to the force awakens and rogue one.

I'm with you on this. My kids, 6,6, and 8 have seen all but Rogue One. The 8 year old I'd probably show Rogue One to, but not the twins. I'm guessing this will be more TFA than Rogue One.

I'm with you on this. My kids, 6,6, and 8 have seen all but Rogue One. The 8 year old I'd probably show Rogue One to, but not the twins. I'm guessing this will be more TFA than Rogue One.

We are leaving my youngest with a baby sitter but the other two love The Force Awakens and, really, all the other episodes (haven't shown them Rogue One yet though - more that I think my oldest will have an issue with it as she gets emotional and we are telling here "um, everyone dies ... no, like really, everyone dies" - so definitely assuming this is more The Force Awakens.

Also, I do want to share the excitement of opening weekend with them and just that it was so close to his birthday, etc. .... definitely hope it doesn't become a bad birthday memory though!

haha, I was just thinking about it and (PM'd @rteetz as to the plan - who welcomed me to start a thread ... thus this thread) just after seeing some of those initial takes and thinking someone might put a link in the main news thread and some people not wanting to even see that, etc. - so better to get out ahead of it

Unfortunately we can't see it until Friday (I know, first world problems having to wait an entire day) but it is part of my son's birthday present (he turns 6 on Wed) so should be a good time!
Yeah that’s a good point about posting in the news thread. I remember TFA got ruined for me because i found a leaked photo of Han getting skewered in some random comment section on Facebook, so definitely don’t want anyone to have that kinda experience

Wait Han Solo dies? :eek:

;)

hey, I clearly marked this thread has containing spoilers! ;)

giphy.gif

I’d imagine it would be similar in intensity to TFA, but I can understand wanting to be 100% sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!