Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
100 percent immersive? It may finally be that WDW has finally decided to take some of the fan boys' money.

I don't want to have to join the stupid resistance though. The best female cosplay is already all Jedi and I'm far too short to be Vader or Kyle Ren. #wannabethebadguy

100 percent immersive? It may finally be that WDW has finally decided to take some of the fan boys' money.

I don't want to have to join the stupid resistance though. The best female cosplay is already all Jedi and I'm far too short to be Vader or Kyle Ren. #wannabethebadguy

"Aren't you a little short for a storm trooper?"

You could always go the Jyn Erso deck technician route.

"Aren't you a little short for a storm trooper?"

You could always go the Jyn Erso deck technician route.

Lol!!!!!

Let's be honest, we all want to be baddest bad guys. Being Vader or Kylo would be awesome. I'm jealous of my tall friends who can pull this off.

Lol!!!!!

Let's be honest, we all want to be baddest bad guys. Being Vader or Kylo would be awesome. I'm jealous of my tall friends who can pull this off.

The good thing about the Sith is how inclusive they are despite the Empire being so human-centric. While it wouldn't be a Skywalker family baddie, it gives one much more freedom to create. As long as they let me use force lightning, I wouldn't mind.

The good thing about the Sith is how inclusive they are despite the Empire being so human-centric. While it wouldn't be a Skywalker family baddie, it gives one much more freedom to create. As long as they let me use force lightning, I wouldn't mind.

Excellent observation - agree.

If I was a real fan I'd just learn to wear small stilts, right?

You could be the Seventh Sister. One of the inquisitor found in the first or second season of Rebels. Probably not the most well known, but clearly a female villain with Force abilities. And she is one of the villains in Jedi Training...

Why does anyone think that immersive will mean that Disney will allow you to dress up as a known member of the "universe"? There's no way that's happening.

Because the articles have mentioned it.
Also, in the presentation at D23, they specifically said guests would be allowed to be "in costume."

Although they did not explicitly say that people would be allowed to dress up like their favorite characters from the movies...

FWIW, I don't think anyone here was actually suggesting that you'd get to do your own cosplay at this resort - just that it would be awesome. (It totally would be awesome.)

There are absolutely references to getting to costume - and that that will be part of this resort package "Happiest Stay in the Galaxy" deal. We don't know if you'll get to pick sides though. Honestly, I'd be a lot less stoked if everyone in the resort was themed to be part of the resistance. Because honestly, those guys are boring. So, my personal hope is that you get to choose if you want generic costume light or dark side of the force. OR, that when booking opens you can see what the storylines will be and book accordingly. I also see that getting a lot more repeat business.

Here's what I do think will happen, the hardcore people will bring loads of cool accessories to plus their outfits. It'd be my plan.

So, my personal hope is that you get to choose if you want generic costume light or dark side of the force. OR, that when booking opens you can see what the storylines will be and book accordingly. I also see that getting a lot more repeat business.
I was kinda' assuming/hoping we could choose light/dark. Agree that different storylines sounds both cool and a way to encourage repeats.

I was kinda' assuming/hoping we could choose light/dark. Agree that different storylines sounds both cool and a way to encourage repeats.

I hope so too! The line about "joining the resistance" or whatever Jedi propaganda gives me pause. Darn Jedi and their propaganda machine! There wasn't a war and a bunch of people dying until those guys started up.

If you have not already, may I suggest that you look up Dr Aphra

In costume and "in costume as a known member of the universe" I think are different. I think that may have been PP's point.

Costume as "a rebel" but not "Han Solo", for instance...
Yup. That's exactly what I mean. Can anyone honestly believe Disney will allow Joe Blow to dress up as Darth Maul, or Kylo Ren, or Kanan, or even Lando? Nope. Could you be a random Ugnaught, or something like that, sure, but why do people believe they'll let YOU be Chewie? That would cause so many problems with other guests if you're in the "Galaxy's Edge" at the same time, plus there is the proprietary stuff to think of, PLUS how could YOU be Chewie, when darnit, I want to be Chewie and I'm down there at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!