Star tours cast mbr :)

DLcastmbr

Tomorrowland
Hello there im new around these forums but i would be glad to give advice and help to new ppl around my resort. :) I am currently on the attraction star tours which is one of the best attractrions in tomorrowland :) if anyone needs any help feel free to ask ;)

I love Star Tours. We went on our first visit to DL last November and hubby and I had not been on a ride for at least 25 yrs and 14 yr old daughter had never been on a ride in her life. One of the first rides we went on was Star Tours I screamed my head off and enjoyed myself so much that when everyone else had exited the cast member allowed us to stay and go twice in a row. I think he got a kick out of how much we enjoyed it.

I think what I like the most about this type of ride is that I feel quite safe because the actual vehicle or seat doesn't really go anywhere just bumps up and down a bit, but because of the picture screen you feel like you are on a really scary ride.
I found that at Universal Studios the ride "Back To The Future" was similar in concept and I loved that as well.
Does anyone know what other rides have the same concept, I guess "Soarin" is kind of the same but not as bumpy.

Anne

We will be in DL for the first time in late April early May - Star Tours is one of our favorite rides. My son who is an adult, but developmentally disabled, is slightly afraid of some rides like this. If he decides not to ride when we reach the ride, can he stay off. There are four of us. Would one of us have to stay off with him?

Welcome to the DIS DLcastmbr :)

We'll be playing over there next Saturday & we'll be stopping by. My nephew LOVES that attraction!

mj

We just got back and my 5 year old daughter loves this ride!!! We visited Endor 6 times during out visit :yoda: :chewy: :darth:

K in SA

I love that ride but for some reason the more I ride it over the 3 days we are the , I seem to get sooo dizzy on it! I still ride , I consider myself a Star Wars nerd ! I would blast off to Endor right now if I could!!!!

I know what you mean Jemilah, I found the same thing, the first time I wasn't dizzy at all but I was the next couple of times.

Anne

I love this ride to and learning about it in depth once u work it is insane! I got to go under a star speeder which is the most awsome thing you wont beleive how huge these things actually are and how much it actually does move :) if any of you are going youll probably see me :) im also working grad nights there coming up :)

It seems to be the droid needs to have its memory wiped clean and re-programed. Everytime I try and hop over to endor we always seem to wind up in a battle of sorts.

Oh, and last time you guys lost my R5 unit AND the power convertors I picked up at Tashi station.

But, we'll give you guys another chance at the end of June :)

darren

Former cast member here AND former Star Tours "crowd control." You probably haven't heard that term in a while since the lines organized much better.

However, when I was there (back in 1987) Star Tours Line went out and around the Plaza Inn and continued DOWN Main Street! Just typing that makes me laugh! But I worked outside and helped stop and start the line in order to let regular crowds to pass through the line and get to where they needed to go!

Just wanted to say hey :) And give a bit of history :)

I Love Star Tours (and Star Wars) but the ride makes me SOOO dizzy now that I can't ride it anymore! What a rip-off, my family all goes in and I shop (not that I don't like shoppping...I would just rather ride!). I don't have a problem on other rides....except Mission Space in Epcot...same kind of thing I guess.

When my nephew went on it a couple of years ago, he was only 4. My kids gave a great description of his reaction to the ride. He was holding on & his eyes were so big. They said that when they got off the ride he just kind of stood there, leaning to the side & his eyes kept blinking. When his dad asked him how he liked it he responded, "It was GREAT!"

Later on in the day, he told me, "Auntie Jo, I never knew Disneyland had STAR WARS here! (he's very much into the Staw Wars Legos) I asked him how he liked the ride, and he said it was fun, but that robot wasn't a very good pilot. :teeth:

We're spending this weekend @ DL to celebrate his 6th bday (which is today) and his brother's 4th birthday (at the end of the month), and we'll be hitting up Star Wars again. I got them the Star Speeders where you push down R2D2's head & he beeps & I'm having them delivered to their room @ Paradise Pier.

It's going to be sooo much fun.

Mom2Joce said:
Former cast member here AND former Star Tours "crowd control." You probably haven't heard that term in a while since the lines organized much better.

However, when I was there (back in 1987) Star Tours Line went out and around the Plaza Inn and continued DOWN Main Street!

HEY - I was in that line in 1987. LOL.

P.

another cool fun fact :0 in commemeration of star tours opening in 1987 the park was open for 48 hrs!!! if i were alive (was born october 1987 not january :( ) I would have been there for every second :)

I LOVE Star Tours! Hubby and I are both HUGE Star Wars fans! We'll definitely be visiting a few times in May! :yoda:

I'm not sure if I'm thinking of the correct ride, but does DL run Star Tours for younger children without the simulated seats moving? I thought I had read that somewhere many years ago.

We're leaving for DL tomorrow! Hope to see you. How bad has the rain been?

rains been off and on and as far as the question about younger kids abnd the non moving star speeder im sorry but each star speeder is tthe same so we do have a 40 inch heigth requirement. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter