SSR Online Check in Question...

Pooh's-Honey-Pot

DVC owner since 2020 - VGF, BLT and SSR
Hi all,

A few weeks ago I did my online check in for SSR... as we have not paid for a preferred room I requested a Grandstand room, near transportation.

I logged on this morning to check something, and noticed that the only room request showing was "near transportation" - the other one requesting Grandstand area had vanished.

I pressed the drop down and the only options now for room location are either "Congress Park" or "near carriage house" - which I thought were both preferred areas?

Is this a recent change, or am I hallucinating that I requested Grandstand?!

We visited SSR for 10 days at the beginning of July (including 4th July) and I requested a room at Congress Park near transportation. I didn't know that Congress Park was a preferred area. We were upgraded to a 1 bedroom apartment and were located at Congress Park. Don't know what happened to your Grandstand request though.

Mrs TT

That's odd. Are you on the app? I had lots of glitchy stuff happen with the app that I was able to correct if I logged in on my laptop.

I was on the website weirdly... I'll have to keep checking over the next few days!

if you want congress park, put that in..
if not, put in 'near carriage house"

when we booked a year ago, there was no such thing as preferred/standard....

by the time our holiday rolled around in august, it had been added...

i had put the springs as my request...

we ended up getting grandstand...the building closest to the grandstand pool (with bar and soda refill) and the closest to the carriage house...
and a few steps from the bus....

it was a really great location...especially since the grandstand is the first stop on the bus - so you always get seats..

but i wouldn't have a problem with any of the sections except for carousel....don't let them give you that....it has nothing going for it....far away, no pool, no anything...

Last edited:
if you want congress park, put that in..
if not, put in 'near carriage house"

when we booked a year ago, there was no such thing as preferred/standard....

by the time our holiday rolled around in august, it had been added...

i had put the springs as my request...

we ended up getting grandstand...the building closest to the grandstand pool (with bar and soda refill) and the closest to the carriage house...
and a few steps from the bus....

it was a really great location...especially since the grandstand is the first stop on the bus - so you always get seats..

but i wouldn't have a problem with any of the sections except for carousel....don't let them give you that....it has nothing going for it....far away, no pool, no anything...

Hi,

Yes I understand about if I want congress park I put that ... I just don't understand why all the other areas aren't on there as options any more. I specifically wanted Grandstand because its first on the bus loop... I'm grumpy enough at 7am without seeing a full bus pass me by...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter