SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

We love SSR and have always stayed in CP. Like most, we want to be as "frugal" with our points as possible. We love DS and the close proximity to SSR. I am looking for recommendations as to where to stay if not in one of the two preferred area that is "easiest" to get to DS.

We love SSR and have always stayed in CP. Like most, we want to be as "frugal" with our points as possible. We love DS and the close proximity to SSR. I am looking for recommendations as to where to stay if not in one of the two preferred area that is "easiest" to get to DS.

We stayed in Grandstand last time and were pretty close to the boat dock. Some of the further Grandstand buildings would be a bit more of a walk, but if you're in one of the buildings closer to the Springs, the walk is less than 5 mins and we found the boat ride to be peaceful and relaxing. Its also nice having the drink station in the pool area and being a close walk to the Springs. Another benefit is it's the first stop on the bus route, so you will always get a seat.

Keep in mind though that the boats occasionally aren't running depending on the water depth (happened once during our trip after it rained), and they do stop at I THINK 11 pm.

Other than that, you could always take any bus over to Congress Park and then take the walkway over to DS.

Hoping to be able to book in a week or so at SSR. Wanting two nights in a studio in early June to stay at before a one night stay at the Beach Club (cash room, already booked) for my birthday!!! I really would like a preferred studio, but will take what I can get. I am planning on taking my daughter and one of her friends with me and my husband. We are just doing a resort/Disney Springs trip at SSR, and then a one night stay at the Beach Club utilizing the best pool on property! I might even add on another night before hand somewhere else if it is a possibility. Never done a resorts only trip, but really looking forward to trying it out.

We are pretty comfortable walkers. Two experiences to share 1) we walked from Deluxe Burger at DS to the Congress park bus stop, on tho the paddock pool and then to the main building and it was not bad. Enjoyed it actually. 2) we stayed at the Paddock during our December stay, 54xx near the Carousel stop and walked to or from DS a few times. It was not a big deal for us. It’s not a short walk, but comfortable for comfortable walkers. So, Paddock would be my recommendation. I like the pool area there anyway.

I am hoping by next week I will get my membership number and such and will be able to book. I know I want to book in the preferred section, but with on-line check-in, is there a choice of which preferred section you want or maybe which building you would prefer in your booking category? Or do you need to call the request into member services?

I am hoping by next week I will get my membership number and such and will be able to book. I know I want to book in the preferred section, but with on-line check-in, is there a choice of which preferred section you want or maybe which building you would prefer in your booking category? Or do you need to call the request into member services?
Once you book preferred, you then can contact Member Services with your requests. You can email, or call, maybe even “chat” your requests.
Once you give your preferences to Member Service do not add any requests via on line check in, go through Member Servives.

we stayed at SSR for 3 weeks in August in two 2 bedroom villas....

overall, we had a great time however, there were some things that we encountered that were of concern.

when we first checked in, we were given two 2 bedroom villas quite far from each other (how stupid are they that they would do this for linked reservations where it was noted they should be nearby?)...it was a 10 minute walk from one room to the other.....my, how close....not....

so after fighting with them for two hours (after flying halfway around the world for over 30 hours), they finally agreed they would move us as soon as a 2 bedroom came up that was close to our son's..

this meant we had to stay in the distant location for 2 days...

ok...so that was inconvenient to be sure....far away and living out of a suitcase until we can move....

but even worse, the 2 bedroom we were in seemed to be in pretty bad shape....

how bad?

the bed DH and i slept in was broken. Literally, broken.

i thought - ok...it's an old resort....lousy beds.... waking up in the morning with a bad back...oh well....what can you do....

but then we moved rooms on saturday and voila....a wonderful brand new bed in the 2 bedroom we moved to.

how is it that they're giving a room that has a broken bed....broken....not bad, but actually broken....

And the oven was missing one of the racks.

and the refrigerator was missing main shelves and door shelves

i could go on and on.

not very encouraging.

and i won't even talk about how bad mousekeeping was there.

but again, overall we had a wonderful time - once they finally moved us within the same time zone as my son's family's room.

we loved community hall

loved the springs pool

enjoyed the boat to disney springs..

on the down side, we were less than impressed by the CMs working reception, and completely horrified by the quality of mousekeeping...(and i say that as someone who's been visiting WDW every year since 1974, and has never had a mousekeeping experience like at SSR)..

Now that parking has went up another $2, I wonder if this will encourage more people to park at Disney Springs and walk over to the Congress Park bus stop. I envision Disney actually looking into this at some point.

we stayed at SSR for 3 weeks in August in two 2 bedroom villas....

overall, we had a great time however, there were some things that we encountered that were of concern.

when we first checked in, we were given two 2 bedroom villas quite far from each other (how stupid are they that they would do this for linked reservations where it was noted they should be nearby?)...it was a 10 minute walk from one room to the other.....my, how close....not....

so after fighting with them for two hours (after flying halfway around the world for over 30 hours), they finally agreed they would move us as soon as a 2 bedroom came up that was close to our son's..

this meant we had to stay in the distant location for 2 days...

ok...so that was inconvenient to be sure....far away and living out of a suitcase until we can move....

but even worse, the 2 bedroom we were in seemed to be in pretty bad shape....

how bad?

the bed DH and i slept in was broken. Literally, broken.

i thought - ok...it's an old resort....lousy beds.... waking up in the morning with a bad back...oh well....what can you do....

but then we moved rooms on saturday and voila....a wonderful brand new bed in the 2 bedroom we moved to.

how is it that they're giving a room that has a broken bed....broken....not bad, but actually broken....

And the oven was missing one of the racks.

and the refrigerator was missing main shelves and door shelves

i could go on and on.

not very encouraging.

and i won't even talk about how bad mousekeeping was there.

but again, overall we had a wonderful time - once they finally moved us within the same time zone as my son's family's room.

we loved community hall

loved the springs pool

enjoyed the boat to disney springs..

on the down side, we were less than impressed by the CMs working reception, and completely horrified by the quality of mousekeeping...(and i say that as someone who's been visiting WDW every year since 1974, and has never had a mousekeeping experience like at SSR)..

What section of the resort did you stay in? We were also there at the end of August and had a couple of minor issues with Mousekeeping, but our Villa itself was in fine condition. Sorry you had a bad experience.

What section of the resort did you stay in? We were also there at the end of August and had a couple of minor issues with Mousekeeping, but our Villa itself was in fine condition. Sorry you had a bad experience.

again, the bad villa was the one we were in for the first 2.5 days...
after that we were in a great villa....basically in the same section....but much closer to where our son and family were....and their room was also in great shape..

so maybe they don't keep track of what they've upgraded / replaced?

we were in the grandstand section....i really liked the location...

don't get me wrong....we really did enjoy our stay there....enjoyed the grandstand pool and the springs pool - our 3 year old grandson must have gone down that little springs slide into the pool at least 100 times...

and we thought the community hall activities were fantastic and the CMs running the pool and community hall activities were outstanding!! best we've had on property..

this was our first time staying at SSR....we'd stayed at OKW many times before...as well as almost every other resort on property, but with the entire family in tow for this trip and with 3 full weeks there, i thought SSR would be the best fit..

and again, we very much enjoyed it.....just the condition of that room was so very odd.....

Hey all.
I am checking in to Saratoga Springs a week from today and have a preferred room booked. I'll be heading over to Disney Springs a couple of times during my stay so have requested a room in Congress Park.
I'm now second guessing myself and think that I'd perhaps be better off in the Springs section to be close to the main lobby.
Not quite sure what I am asking you guys to do for me ....... pros/cons ? Make my decision for me maybe! :rolleyes1

Hey all.
I am checking in to Saratoga Springs a week from today and have a preferred room booked. I'll be heading over to Disney Springs a couple of times during my stay so have requested a room in Congress Park.
I'm now second guessing myself and think that I'd perhaps be better off in the Springs section to be close to the main lobby.
Not quite sure what I am asking you guys to do for me ....... pros/cons ? Make my decision for me maybe! :rolleyes1

if it were me, and i'd booked preferred, i would definitely request the springs...

you can take the boat from there to disney springs..

but you have the super convenience of being near the food court and near the great springs pool...

I am being paranoid that we will be put in the Congress Park section, when I am hoping soooo much for the Springs section. Trying not to get to worked up over it, but I really think I will be so disappointed if we aren't put in the Springs. I will still be thankful to be at Disney regardless, I am just really hoping for the Springs. Maybe a tip that it is a birthday trip might help my chances. Would you guys advise on a very early arrival to raise my chances? I mean, we just be over at the AKL.

I am being paranoid that we will be put in the Congress Park section, when I am hoping soooo much for the Springs section. Trying not to get to worked up over it, but I really think I will be so disappointed if we aren't put in the Springs. I will still be thankful to be at Disney regardless, I am just really hoping for the Springs. Maybe a tip that it is a birthday trip might help my chances. Would you guys advise on a very early arrival to raise my chances? I mean, we just be over at the AKL.

i asked for the springs, but they gave us grandstand..

at first, i was disappointed, but in the end i was REALLY happy with grandstand!!!

it was a very short walk over to the springs pool, the food court/lobby, we had the first bus stop, and we had our own pool with a bar and mug refill...

I always request the grandstand - as we don't drive when visiting. Being first on/off the bus is the single deciding factor for me!

i asked for the springs, but they gave us grandstand..

at first, i was disappointed, but in the end i was REALLY happy with grandstand!!!

it was a very short walk over to the springs pool, the food court/lobby, we had the first bus stop, and we had our own pool with a bar and mug refill...

Springs is preferred, Grandstand is standard. Was this a recent request?

Springs is preferred, Grandstand is standard. Was this a recent request?

we made the reservation a year prior, before they introduced preferred and standard (we booked with Disney.UK)
so our request on our reservation was for springs.
Months later when they made the change, i figured they might not give us springs, and that was what happened..
but our location in the grandstands was perfect...close to the lobby, foodcourt, springs pool, the boat, close to the grandstand pool with the splash play area for the kidlets, and the first bus stop....actually pretty perfect...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!