• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

spoil the Magic? how old?

I have had such a fun time reading these stories, I had to share mine... my dd is 8

She is not at all pleased with the EB that showed up for a special pre Easter appearance at her aunts house - THAT was just a lady in a suit... and she wasn't thrilled at all with the 'helper' story that I was selling.

This 'lady in the suit' is not to be confused with the bunny at the mall.... THAT bunny she buys the 'helper' story for (imagine that).

And then she was definitely not a beleiver that the EB dropped by at Easter dinner for all the kids - she figures that it was all the grownups dropping goodies in the yard while all the kids were playing in the basement... shocker! Even when I tried telling her how busy we all were washing the dishes (haha)

BUT.. the Easter Bunny that left the egg in her slipper on Easter morning and all 24 eggs hidden around the house to find while we slept.. (we hid them good so that we could sleep a little longer ;-) ...She beleives in THIS EB.. even wrote him a letter and made him his own Easter Egg to eat for energy...

I figure that I easily have another year or two!

Santa and the EB live in our hearts...

My 9 year old son keeps on telling me that we're the Easter bunny, the tooth fairy, and Santa. He is always adamant about these things until the "day" happens. He lost a tooth right before Easter and went on and on about how WE were the tooth fairy. The next day, someone forgot to put the money under the pillow and had to put it there 15 minutes later after my son was out of bed. Easter was the following Sunday, and after my son was finished collecting the eggs that the Easter bunny hid outside he turned around and spied another one on our deck. His quote "I must be going crazy. First I don't see money under my pillow then the tooth fairy leaves it later. Now I collect all the eggs, and two more are on the deck! The Easter bunny and the tooth fairy must have their invisible powers this year!

I am sure he knows, but deep in his heart he doesn't want to know for sure. I have have always gone with, "If you don't believe then they won't need to stop at our house this year". This line keeps me from outright lying, keeps the spirit alive, and keeps him wondering if maybe his friends are wrong about this whole subject.

Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter