• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Splitting DDP?

embgrl

Mouseketeer
DH and I are heading to the World this September and bought the DDP. Since you get so much food included in your meals, does anyone know if you can split a table service meal and only use one credit?

It sounds like it is up to the discretion of the restaurant/server. You may want to call directly to each restaurant to get your answer. I don't think there is going to be a straightforward answer on here that you can trust. I have heard some say yes, but they charge an extra plate fee, some say no, some say yes. I think the only way to know for sure is to call the restaurant you are wanting to eat at.

When we went in December on the DDP yes ... you could share. Numerous posts on the DIS from first hand accounts say yes ... you can share. Read the Dining Reviews and you will see this over and over and over and over again...

Speculation now abounds due to phone calls to the info line and the hub-bub over the new FAQ to the dining plan.

All things are subject to change so I would just wait and see what dining reviews say right before you go.

Don't worry about the "CM told me" or "I heard that" posts. Look at first hand accounts.

I would like to know if anyone on this board had a first hand account of being told no-sharing. If so when ... and at what TS? Also ... was it ONE account or widespread at all TS?

WDWO

I'm curious about this too as there are a couple of TS restaurants we want to try that don't have any entrees that appeal to our kids. They are both considered adults by Disney standards and we are going during free dining. So to make a long story short, most of the places have appetizers the kids would eat...so I can think of at least two locations where we might want to just let them have our appetizer as an entree and just purchase a drink OOP for them. Is this "legal"?

It isn't something that the Dining Plan explicitly states that you're allowed to do, so you'd have to take your chances, as each restaurant could have its own policies on that, and those policies could change, even day-to-day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter