Split stay check in?

Bev J

DIS Veteran
We added one day before our trip in December. POP was full so we will stay one day at ASMO. We won't have tickets for the ASMO part of the stay.
We will have Dining and park hoppers for our 7 nights at POP. We want to be able to hit the parks right away in the morning. How much time will we need to get over to POP from ASMO, we will call an uber and just have the luggage transfered to POP.
Another option if there is one. Can we check in online for our POP stay so we can get our tickets/dining activated and not even make the trip to POP first thing, but probably later in the afternoon. Or could they just do the activation at ASMO at guest services after we check out ?

Thanks for any insite anyone can share!
Bev

We added one day before our trip in December. POP was full so we will stay one day at ASMO. We won't have tickets for the ASMO part of the stay.
We will have Dining and park hoppers for our 7 nights at POP. We want to be able to hit the parks right away in the morning. How much time will we need to get over to POP from ASMO, we will call an uber and just have the luggage transfered to POP.
Another option if there is one. Can we check in online for our POP stay so we can get our tickets/dining activated and not even make the trip to POP first thing, but probably later in the afternoon. Or could they just do the activation at ASMO at guest services after we check out ?

Thanks for any insite anyone can share!
Bev

You won't even need to go to Pop that 2nd morning. You can go right to the parks from ASMO.

Disney will transfer your luggage for you.
Just go to the parks and enjoy yourselves. When you head over to Pop in the late afternoon/evening, your stuff will be waiting for you.

Do you need to actually check out of your first resort in order to get a room text for your second stay?

Do you need to actually check out of your first resort in order to get a room text for your second stay?

We haven't "checked out" of a WDW resort in about 7-8 years. We just give housekeeping a call when we're leaving to let them know the room is free.

Good to know as I haven’t either! Just haven’t done a split stay since the inclusion of online check in so didn’t know how first stay would affect the second stay.

Good to know as I haven’t either! Just haven’t done a split stay since the inclusion of online check in so didn’t know how first stay would affect the second stay.

In our experience the 1st stay had no affect on the 2nd.

Disney will transfer your luggage for you.
Just go to the parks and enjoy yourselves. When you head over to Pop in the late afternoon/evening, your stuff will be waiting for you.

It is likely that the OP will have to call down for their bags to be brought up. Sometimes the resort will bring it up to your room ahead of time, but what usually happens is you have to call down and have your bags brought up.

If you want to go to the second resort and hope for an already available room ,before official checkout time from the first, then yes.

Otherwise, no.

They’ve had a form of online checkin since our first trip in 2010, fwiw. What’s changed is the possibility of room ready texts, though that’s not an absolute. I’ve gotten exactly one of those, and it was after I’d showed up at the front desk, so I don’t know if it was online or desk checkin that prompted it.

So to be clear, even if we don't check in at POP till later in the day we can still use our bands with the park hopper and dining on them that are connected to our POP reservation?
Thanks All!
Bev

It is likely that the OP will have to call down for their bags to be brought up. Sometimes the resort will bring it up to your room ahead of time, but what usually happens is you have to call down and have your bags brought up.

Yes, but they'll be waiting for them at the resort, right? No need to go back to ASMo to get them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter