Spirit Airlines and seat assignment

No it has not been implemented.

If you "need" to be next to someone you "need" to pay for the seat fee.

I saw a story the other day on TV, it has not been implemented.

From what I understood, the law said they had to attempt to seat children with parents when you purchased the tickets but if there were no seats available together, they had to inform you and you could decide. Otherwise, there would be chaos trying to move everyone around.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-law-parents-kids-sitting-together.3548974/

A few posts upthread, someone linked a Washington Post article from 2016, which seems to indicate that airlines will be required to seat a child under 13 with adjacent adult. I'm trying to figure out if/how that change was implemented.

My recent flights have been American, Delta, and Jet Blue, none of which have charged fees to sit next to my kids. But I'd love to be able to hop down to Orlando for a quick/cheap getaway with a kid or two, and Spirit flies from a nearby airport. It's not a huge deal with my older kids (8 and 10, who wouldn't like it, but would be okay if adequately prepped and had iPad and headphones for the trip), but I need to be next to my 3-year-old.

Pay for seating assignments for anyone who needs to be seated together. Then you won’t have to worry about it.

Then you need to PAY to reserve seats.

not sure why this concept is so difficult on here.
Just to warn any newbies - be careful to not call out any of the vets on here for being a bit rude especially if you voice a different opinion. Although I didn't call names, two of my comments were deleted by moderators after I pointed out certain comments on this thread were less than kind in response to perfectly intelligent questions from newer posters.

I appreciate the question asking whether and how the 2016 proposed approved legislation was implemented. Thank you for asking as I had a similar question.

Curious to see how the rest of the community operates, will look at some other threads when I have time. Otherwise, will find different types of forums for learning and sharing info.

Just to warn any newbies - be careful to not call out any of the vets on here for being a bit rude especially if you voice a different opinion. Although I didn't call names, two of my comments were deleted by moderators after I pointed out certain comments on this thread were less than kind in response to perfectly intelligent questions from newer posters.

I appreciate the question asking whether and how the 2016 proposed approved legislation was implemented. Thank you for asking as I had a similar question.

Curious to see how the rest of the community operates, will look at some other threads when I have time. Otherwise, will find different types of forums for learning and sharing info.
That is why you will see it commonly said "There is no pixie dust on the transportation board". You will ask questions and get direct, honest responses. This is a hot button topic around here. It is frustrating for people to pay for seats or pay to board early only to be asked to move or change seats to accommodate those who chose not to pay the fee.

When my children were small I never flew on any airline or flight where I could not choose seats in advance, as I wanted to sit with them. They are now 15 and 16 and we have just started to book flights without assigned seats, but I still pay for Early Bird Check In or early boarding. We won't move for someone who chose not to pay for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter