"Special" table at Pizzafari

luvthatdisney

DIS Veteran
Just thought I would share our recent experience at Pizzafari (June 20, 2010 - Father's Day).

We went into Pizzafari at AK around 11:45am trying to beat the mad rush for lunch. I went and found a table and DH and the girls went to get the Pizza. A few minutes later my DD returned and said we had been given a special table to come with her. This is what I found...

182.jpg

DH said the lady running the register where you pay told him "congratulations, you are the lucky ones" and proceeded to add salads to all of our orders (we were on DDP and salads are not included). Then a CM walked DH and the girls to the table. They brought our food out and it was served on real plates with glasses and real silverware and cloth napkins. We were shocked and could not figure out why us??? Maybe since it was our anniversary, maybe not who knows!!!

183.jpg

that is wonderful .......and for us to be able to see it with your photos......thanks so much for being special and also for sharing this with us.....what a way to eat at pizzafari

That is really cool!! It's probably their "magical moment of the day" - one time I was at Backlot Express and one of the cashiers told me that because I had a blue tray I was a winner, and I got a free dessert, but your deluxe table is a much cooler magical moment than that! Nice job by the Pizzafari people!!!

How cool! I love reading about all these little magical moments. It keeps the Disney pixie dust alive!

And I love the Kermit holding the "reserved" sign. Awesome!

Very cool - Thanks for sharing!!!! Love the Kermit!

That's cool! Love the frog. By the way the dining plan does include salad with pizza at Pizzarfari since the menu lists it as pizza and salad, we got it just last week. But your salads came on fancy plates so I guess that was neat:)

That's cool! Love the frog. By the way the dining plan does include salad with pizza at Pizzarfari since the menu lists it as pizza and salad, we got it just last week. But your salads came on fancy plates so I guess that was neat:)

That is strange as they had to re-ring our receipt to add them. Maybe that is why we got the table, the CM made a mistake on our bill???? I did not even look at the menu to know what was included, DH just said that was part of the "special service" since she had to add it to our receipt.

It is so great that your family received some pixie dust! :wizard:

What a great suprise!!! I haven't heard of that happening before! I just LOVE Kermie!!!! Thanks for posting the pic! :banana:

Since Kermit has on a hard hat, I'm wondering if it has to do with the Give a Day promotion. When we were at Epcot in February, I saw a decorated table at the Liberty Inn and asked one of the CMs why it was set so nicely. She told me that they pick a volunteer family to sit there and eat their meals on real china as part of the promotion. Did you have volunteer pins on? (Or maybe they couldn't find any volunteer families that day! :lmao:)

Congrats!!! That is the sort of stuff that Disney does that causes folks like me to become lifelong enthusiasts! Love that Disney magic!

Since Kermit has on a hard hat, I'm wondering if it has to do with the Give a Day promotion. When we were at Epcot in February, I saw a decorated table at the Liberty Inn and asked one of the CMs why it was set so nicely. She told me that they pick a volunteer family to sit there and eat their meals on real china as part of the promotion. Did you have volunteer pins on? (Or maybe they couldn't find any volunteer families that day! :lmao:)

Nope, we did not do GAD and were not wearing our "anniversary" pins. We did eat a little early, it was about half full, not sure why we were picked. That table is in a little room, is not part of the large dining rooms. I would say there were about 20 tables in that room, but only this one was decorated this way.

I have to say it was fun and we loved it, but was kind of weird as the others eating in that room kept staring at us, I guess trying to figure out who we were to be sitting at that table.:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter