spas

nops

Earning My Ears
I usually have gone to the Spa at the Institute when in WDW. I try a 1/2 day of asst treatments while DH keeps the kids at the pool. Any suggestions for this July? Should I try a spa at another resort?

All I can tell you is that I had a rediculous experience at the Grand Floridian spa, so I don't recommend this place.

First of all, I'm 99% sure that Disney leases the GF spa to an outside health & fitness company. Disney does not run this spa, nor do Disney cast members work there, and believe me, you can tell the difference.

When I arrived for my 1/2 day treatment, there were a few girls at the desk fooling around. I stood there for a few minutes, then one of them finally said, "can I help you?". She led me back to a room for my massage. The room was beautiful and clean, but the masseuse (sp?) really played the "hard sell game". I really wasn't interested in buying any of the products, but she insisted on telling me that I was making a big mistake & that I should buy their products. After a while of this, I finally said, "I have more cosmetics at home than I know what to do with....please, don't try to sell me this stuff". She became a little huffy and didn't say another word for the duration of the treatment. That was fine with me, but my massage was kinda ruined after that. Afterwards, she led me to an area where I could shower and walked away in a huff.

I know this is probably an isolated bad experience, but I've always heard that the spa at the Disney Institute was actually run by Disney, so I'll go to that spa next time!

We tried the GF spa in November 2002 and had a not so great experience as well. I had called months before and reserved a "peaceful nights bath" (one for me and one for DH) and 20 min massage (after that) in the couples room for DH and I.

We got there and they seperated us into the woman's and men's sections. I never got bath sandels even though everyone else in the room did (about 10 women.) I tried the steam room and hot tub and then sat there and waited, and waited, and then waited some more for someone-anyone to come and get me:) Well after everyone in the room was gone and I realized no one was coming to get me, I put back on my clothes and went out to the front desk. By this time my DH's bath was over and I did not want him waiting in the couples room for me. The girl who checked me in said "Oh my GOD!" and went to get the manager. He said what is wrong? I told him how I had been sitting back there for 45 minutes and no one ever came to give me my treatments. He said I am sorry I will take your bath off the bill. If you still want a massage I will give it to you for 1/2 off. I said well-ok-DH IS waiting for me. Went back in and as I was changing HE came in the women's room (!) and told me the couples room was NOT avilable. I was not surprised at this point:) I got my massage (ok-very rough- but she upgraded me to an aromatherepy one at no charge.)

After showering and changing I went back out to the front where DH was waiting. They had told him what happened-hehe. They did take 1/2 off the 2 massages and 1 bath so that was nice. Turns out he waited forever too. They gave him some sort of salt rub bath that we never requested. :rolleyes: The peaceful nights bath is just a bubble bath with candels and whirlpool. His massage was only about 10 minutes too-I guess they were rushing to get him out to me at that point. Oh well! I don't know if we would go back there but at least they did take care of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter