Southwest - Cancel after Check-in?

CT Disney

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone - I've looked around trying to find an answer to this question, but I'm not sure I completely understand...

Can I cancel a Southwest flight after I've checked in at the 24 hour mark and still receive travel funds for a future flight? It's a wanna-get-away fare.

I'm asking for a friend who is set to fly to California tomorrow evening and both of her kids are sick today. She'd like to check-in tonight and then wait until tomorrow to see if they are healthy enough to take the cross country flight.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! :)

I had to cancel last month for the same reason and SW had already done my early bird check in. I lost my credit for early bird but I still received the cost of the trip in travel credits.

I've done it in the past. If I recall correctly, if you go to cancel the flight, it will see that you have already checked in. It will then ask if you want to delete the boarding passes, and then cancel the flight. Funds will go back in their account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter