Southpark

PolymerSkywalker

DIS Veteran
If you want a good laugh check out the recent “Joining the Panderverse” episode of Southpark. They take some serious shots at toxic fans and Disney during this episode. Ruthless on all sides just like they always are. There is a reason this show is still going after 25+ years.

Last edited:

Watch the Critical Drinker's review of the episode.
Most of the grown ups in the room are getting increasingly tired of the antics of the extremists on both end of the spectrum and the hateful koolaid and dog whistles they spew if anyone has the temerity to be openminded.
South Park addresses these issues with all the dignity and seriousness they deserve🤪😜😂. They have long record of using humor and hyperbole to defuse an issue to find some common ground.

Brian and I are fine, we just don’t always agree on what each considers good content from Lucasfilm. No problem, as others are entitled to their opinions.

I personally think Southpark did a great job of roasting KK and those fans that don’t like her production decisions. They seem to do a fairly balanced job of poking fun on all sides of an argument in pop culture.

Probably why that show is still fairly popular after 25+ years.

Last edited:
Brian and I are fine, we just don’t always agree on what each considers good content from Lucasfilm. No problem, as others are entitled to their opinions.

I personally think Southpark did a great job of roasting KK and those fans that don’t like her production decisions. They seem to do a fairly balanced job of poking fun on all sides of an argument in pop culture.

Probably why that show is still fairly popular after 25+ years.
Agreed.

They could have really gone all in on attacking KK but they did not and sort of cut her some slack at the end IMO.

I think it was pretty fair - I am sure there are many who will disagree.

Pretty amazing that people are still talking about this episode weeks later. That’s how you know you hit really close to accurate on an issue in pop culture.

The funniest thing about the episode was the characterization that Kennedy wants to make everything gay, when The Rise of Skywalker introduced a new character whose entire existence was to prove Poe Dameron wasn't gay. :P

I'll bet nobody figured 20 years ago the closest thing to rational thought in media would be Southpark. It's been fun watching all the fringe on both sides get triggered.
South Park has always been the only voice of reason in the media on both sides. I find it funny how people don't realize when they are being made fun of. This is why I love South Park so much.

South Park has always been the only voice of reason in the media on both sides. I find it funny how people don't realize when they are being made fun of. This is why I love South Park so much.
I love that they took shots at KK, Iger, Disney Staff as well as all the “toxic” fans. It was nearly perfectly done in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter