Songs You Typically Would Not Like

Park Pirate

Mouseketeer
I need a diversion from the report I am writing. This is the first time I am starting a thread here and I am sorry if someone has asked this before. I like to listen to music while writing and it has occurred to me that some of my favorite songs are ones that I ordinarily would not listen to, or would skip if heard on the radio - nothing wrong with them, but they just are not typical of the type of music I choose. However, they are favorites because of a sentimental attachment.

Here are some examples for me:

1. Angels by Joshua Radin
2. Islands by Sara Bareilles

If you knew me, you would laugh at my listening to these songs, but my daughter has danced to both of these songs and it brings back some great memories.

And, there are several Disney songs that fall into this category. Perhaps the biggest is the music for the Tapestry of Nations/Dreams parade. I have several fond memories of being in World Showcase with the lights down low, the torches burning, and hearing that music throughout.

What about you?

I think I have one along these lines . . . I'm an atheist, but my favorite Garth Brooks song of all time is Unanswered Prayers. It's a song that meant a lot to me when I was a teen, and even though my beliefs have changed, my love of that song and the message behind it has not.

Hot and Cold - Katy Perry
Poker Face - Lady Gaga
99 Times - Kate Voegle

I'm a 70's rock guy, but enjoy these. Plus, they remind me of a family vacation :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter