Son has End of Season Basketball Tournament during our Trip

NaptownMVP

Earning My Ears
I really don't know what I'm looking for by posting this, but I just had to vent, I guess.

This whole planning of this trip has been a disaster. First trying to pick a day that fell into a very small window of overlapping times for when my kids were out of school and with us and not their mom and when my girlfriend was out of law school was impossible. We finally found a date: right before Christmas, December 15th-20th. Then adding in the stress of just planning Disney in the first place as a first timer, with all the stuff there is to learn and do and deadlines and making sure we get to do this or that. Ugh.

Now today I find out the day we have had set to be in Disney since February (at least) falls right on the same day as the end of season basketball tournament that my son will be a part of.

He's going to be crushed. Hell, I'm crushed. His coach already knows; I made sure to let him know on the very first night. I have a bad feeling that he is going to want to stay and we are going to have to make a decision to either let him stay, or bring along a cranky 10 year old who wasn't too enthused to be going in the first place.

Anyway. Thanks for reading. I'll be grumbling to myself in the corner if needed.:charac2:

That is tough.

Is he your eldest? Even if playing in it means the world to him, it’ll pale compared to 4-8 years from now if he’s still into it, or he may have even moved on to other sports. This age of travel sports moves so fast and there’s a lot of change from 10-14.

But obviously how he feels is a big factor for you. You’ll figure it out.

It’s frustrsting bc at that age they almost never understand how hard it was to plan for you.

Yeah, he is the oldest. We're staying in All-Star Sports, and he was excited about that. Plus he's eating off the adult menu now, so I know he's pretty jazzed about that too. I'll have to give him the hard sell. :)

He may be disappointed for a minute but the excitement of being at Disney will be a quick cure. He is only 10 and has lots of basketball and tournaments ahead of him, how many opportunities for Disney will there be. Here's to hoping for not too hard of a sell ;)

He's 10? Trust me, he will get over it. And no...his skills and level of play will NOT suffer.

I honestly thought you were going to say he was a Senior in HS and this was his last game ever. Now THAT would be an issue that could create drama. My son just played his last football game ever as a HS Senior (a bad shoulder injury is making it impossible to play college ball) and trust me...I doubt he even remembers what he was doing when he was 10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!