Something Special to see from your hotel on 5/15

Virgo10

<font color=darkorchid>Really, this year there's n
There is a total eclipse of the moon that night. It begins just after 10 p.m. and is total at 11:14 p.m. As I'm sure most of you know, a lunar eclipse is safe to watch with no protection needed for your eyes. They also last much longer than the solar ones.

I'll be at the CSR and am going to try and get near the pyramid in a beach chair for an unforgetable view of one of natures nicest treats.

Not going to be at WDW? It is total in most of the eastern part of the USA. Here's a link with a bunch of info.

http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/extra/TLE2003May15.html

Roberta

We are arriving that day, too! We'll have to watch it from the beach after dinner at Citrico's!

That's So Great! Thanks for the info..We will definately watch for it while at the GF.

Hey we should have an Eclipse Party and meet on the beach!

Originally posted by Mamatipo
We'll be in CSR that night too! Thanks for the info!

Hey, maybe I'll see you there! I'll be the tall woman with the blond curly hair with the binoculars. LOL! I haven't been to CSR in a couple of years so I'm not really sure of the layout of the place. I'm going to try and find a spot where the pyramid is in front of me and the moon is over it. Besides having the binoculars, I'll have my camera and will be taking a lot of pictures.

I am going to try and make it up to when it's total. Being an early riser, any time after 11 p.m. is pretty much after my bedtime. Let's hope we have a cloudless night.

Don't be shy. Come over and introduce yourself!

Anyone else who is at CSR, come on down! :Pinkbounc

Roberta

Originally posted by gonga
That's So Great! Thanks for the info..We will definately watch for it while at the GF.

Hey we should have an Eclipse Party and meet on the beach!

Great idea!!!! The GF should set a bar up on the beach!

I too will be at CSR on 5/15 (my countdown is wrong)...we will be at Epcot for Illuminations, but will try to get back in time for eclipse viewing!

Thanks for the input. I'm adding that to our itinerary. We'll be checking in that day at Poly/conceirge. We have a lagoon view and will be hopefully able to see from our balcony. If not, we'll head on over to the beach and catch it in a hammock!

P.S. It looks like a lot of us checking in that day at various hotels! Awesome!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

We will have arrived on the 10th and although we were planning on Fantasmic the night of the eclipse , would love to catch the eclipse too.
Anyone got any tips on where the best place to view it?

We are staying in the ASMovies but have a free-ish night that night ;)

You can watch the eclipse from anywhere with an unobstucted view of the moon. From what I've read, the moon will be pretty far up in the sky so viewing this event shouldn't be a problem. I want to watch it from a place with a good back drop. I hope to have the CSR pyramid in my pictures for a nice effect.

Don't forget that this eclipse can be seen in totality on the entire east coast. Other parts of the country and world will be able to see a partial eclipse.

Roberta

Thank you

My DH loves to watch eclipses so this should be a great surprise for him. ;)

That should make up for any mistakes ive made with my planning.....haha

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter