Something I don't understand...help please!

EsmeraldaX

DIS Veteran
With the new AP rates...it says you must have an activated AP...

Um, what if you are buying the AP to use on this trip and won't be ABLE to activate it until you actually go? Does this mean you are out of luck?

:confused3

You can book with a voucher that hasn't been activated yet but you will have to have the voucher in hand to do so. I am not sure if you can book it on the passholder portion of the site with a voucher yet but a TA can book it for you with a voucher. I am sure they will modify the public site to allow booking with a voucher as well, it just isn't working yet.

LollipopMom thanks for your time and effort to try and sort through this. I do think alot of this panic is premature and the Sky is falling attitude is a little over the top.

As you said guests can still book AP rates they way they have in the past, it just will not guarantee them the lowest rate. If someone can use this new program, and it fits their needs, I see no reason to want to take it away from them.

I might be able to use it at times, at other times I might not. But I certainly will not begrudge someone that can book 120 days out and is comfortable with the cancellation policy.

Seems to me some have completely forgotten the reason an AP is bought, park admission.

I think part of many being up in arms is for years many WDW AP holders have felt (and seen) their AP benefits slipping away. (But the price increasing as with all tickets.)
I think some feel this is just another slap in the face to WDW AP holders.
I am certain Disney does not intend this to be the case.

I think one thing with Disney employees is since they don't have to pay for park entrance, rooms, food, etc, they don't see the real significance on what a difference this can make to a guest's vacation decisions. I think they take a lot of costly guest options for granted. When it is you who has to pay for it, then you look at it a lot different. (I am sure doctors are the same way.)

Agree, just book as normal and forget the Disney on-line system. Not many seem happy with it anyway.
That is just one more option and research component when room rate researching.

MAGICX2 posted this in another thread: :flower:

MAGICX2 said:
I figured out how to log on with my AP Exchange Certificate!!! :cool1:
At the top of your AP,EC you will see this:
NB### MM/DD/YYYY WDW:### Tr: ## ###
On the passholders site you will select WDW from the options and then in the first box type in those first three #'s after WDW(WDW:###), then the MM/DD/YY shown on your card and then you put in ONLY the LAST THREE DIGITS of that Tr:## ###.
I called WDW Ticketing office and the nice young lady I spoke with helped me figure it out. Your letters may be different than NB or Tr:. Hope this works for everyone! Bad thing is that when I did check our dates the rate for BC was $371 with tax. :guilty: I got it for $249+tax with my AAA! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter