Something About Nothing ... #12

Two oldest DSs kidnapped me 'good' on Sunday. They & GD hauled me up to Lake Erie for beach time &. Splash Lagoon, topped off by a nice dinner before heading back home. I freely admit my hips & armpits (lol?) were yelling at me all yesterday; but it was oh-so worth it :)

Heading out later to a local spray park/playground with GD. We're trying to cross things off our summer bucket list at this point.

Tink our neighbor just bought one of those electric movers, no cord. I cannot believe how quiet it is, does seem to work well. Tree hugger lady down the street has a manual push mower. Talk about commitment, she's out there for hours just in small front yard. :wizard: The situation works out. For you.

I went... I'm getting old... a couple of the rides made me feel not so great...ones I never had a problem with before.... I'm a sad ... but it could just be that 6 Flags rides tend to show their age a lot worse than bigger theme parks.

Oooh, i get to roll out one of my 'adages': wooden coasters separate the boys from the men :) New ones so fast but smooth. Nothing like having your fillings get knocked out on the old skool ones.

Robo, think I should start packing soon?

HA, as if, you'll be tossing crap in your bag 2 hours before you leave for flight LOL. It's a talent :)

Yes....
what's for dinner

Lunch yesterday was drive thu at Cook Out
Last night did drive thru at Taco Bell

Lunch today was drive thru at Choo Choo (BBQ place near me)

Dinner tonight will decide when son and I are hungry

Mr Mac out of town for couple of weeks
I treat this time period as a vacation and don't cook

Lynne, order out and have son do the pick up

Easy dinner decision

A 2 - fer vacation, gotta love it. Does mr mac roll the same way when u are gone?

So I went to see Garbage and Blondie Saturday night. I had gotten there a few hours before the show since it was general admission and i wanted a good spot by the stage (which I got). While waiting I called my roommate to see if he would bring me and some of the other people who had gotten there early some water since it was super hot and humid out. I expected just some cold bottles of water, but no he brings a small case, a bag of ice, and some cups. Since there was no way the 5 of us would drink all that water, as more people showed up I offered water since I didn't have a car and I couldn't bring the water in so after the show started the water would have pretty much gone to waste.

Anywho, I struck up a conversation with this girl in an awesome Lily Munster shirt, who turned out to be a comic from LA, who was also a big HHN fan. Well she also happened to be friends with one of the members of Garbage, and was on their list for tickets and some backstage passes. Since she thought it was nice of me to share the water, and our common interests, she offered me her second backstage pass!!!!

So here's me and Shirley Manson, the lead singer of Garbage

1st - what a cool concert.

2nd - see, didn't your momma always tell you to play nice? Lol it finally paid off, congrats.

Quick drive by........

Had wonderful weekend at friend's daughter's wedding.......was a beautiful event, married outside in brilliant sunshine with the Islands in the background.......everything was just perfect.

So we decided to have a few extra days up here and just relax.

Will make it home before weekend.........:D

Keisha........lol at the treehugger.........think everyone seems to know one of those types........

Have fun.........

Oooh, i get to roll out one of my 'adages': wooden coasters separate the boys from the men :) New ones so fast but smooth. Nothing like having your fillings get knocked out on the old skool ones.

It wasn't a woodie that did it... One was a coaster called Golaith. I think every 6 Flags has a version of this coaster.
six-flags-goliath-roller-coaster.jpg

It's fun, but it's showing it's age so it's a bit of a head shaker.

The other ride was a version of Dr. Doom, called Scream, and it bounced quite a bit after the drop. The bouncing sorta made me queasy.

087_761.jpg

Pandemonium also makes my head hurt, when it gets real spinny, but it's fun. (you can see the car at the bottom of this picture.. it's mid-spin.)

Six_Flags_New_England_Pandemonium-10.jpg

Maybe it's the backwards part I can't handle anymore.. I can do normal forward coasters just fine...

Ugh.. I think I'm just getting old.

Not a fan of coasters, but some smaller ones I do. Hate going upside down. Oh, and Chuckers, my usual breakfast on week days is pound cake or other. Yeah, it's bread like. Nothing wrong with cookies for breakfast.

Yeah, treehugger. Know some. Keisha, sounds like GD is running you all over this summer. Guess you can rest when school starts. Spent some time at the Erie beach, but a long time now. Was not far from where I went to undergrad, and had a friend that used to live in Erie, though she moved to Cranberry Township years ago.

Hey Mac, tell those cats to make you breakfast. Early bird cats if they are up at 6am. Hope your walking is getting further and pain free. And hopefully driving longer too.

Still an overcast day. I need chocolate.

@keishashadow They do have a woodie called Thunderbolt:

maxresdefault.jpg

I call it the "Spine Cracker." It's a good thing that I am not going to have kids because after riding it, the 'boys' end up in my stomach. However, It's part of my coaster therapy when I have back problems. It does tend to help me align my spine and I do feel better after riding it, even though riding it is painful.

Good morning :wave2:

Schumi glad to hear the wedding you attended was so beautiful. If I remember correctly you were searching for a specific hat to wear to the wedding. Did you find one?

Nice to add a few more days to trip. Sounds like you and your fella are settling into his retirement nicely. Enjoy ::yes::

Your trip to New York is coming soon. Then you will be in sunny Florida with lots of celebrations to look forward to.

Keisha so nice to hear your sons took you for a day of fun. Your a sweet mama, you deserve a good son kidnaping every once and awhile to be spoiled with some play time.

Mac we need to invent one of those cat feeding trays we're you can set the timer like a coffee maker and it will automatically open the lid at a specific time and the kitties can chow while you snooze.

LOL....hubby has one of those old push mowers as a relic in the garage. He says it reminds him of the cutting his parents postage stamp size yard when he was little. The boss John Deere sits on the other side of the garage....LOL...

Last edited:

Quick drive by........

Had wonderful weekend at friend's daughter's wedding.......was a beautiful event, married outside in brilliant sunshine with the Islands in the background.......everything was just perfect.

So we decided to have a few extra days up here and just relax.

Will make it home before weekend.........:D

Keisha........lol at the treehugger.........think everyone seems to know one of those types........

Have fun.........

One of the benefits of being retired! Woohoo! Enjoy

@keishashadow They do have a woodie called Thunderbolt:

maxresdefault.jpg

I call it the "Spine Cracker." It's a good thing that I am not going to have kids because after riding it, the 'boys' end up in my stomach. However, It's part of my coaster therapy when I have back problems. It does tend to help me align my spine and I do feel better after riding it, even though riding it is painful.

Haha, you said Thunderbolt. Old timers here can cringe, yes, I'm posting the ride-thru again of 'the real' one. Built in '24, racer is pretty cool too, it's a few years older. Pretty cool in disposable age in which we live :)

The new lawnmower is already paying off...Trey had mowed the entire yard for me except for a section where he ran into a yellow jacket nest several years ago which he refuses to touch. I can handle that :cool2: He said it was so easy to mow he could do it with one hand.

Robo, hope you're feeling better soon :goodvibes

Lynne, I need chocolate too and with my pre trip diet the closest thing is chocolate yogurt :crazy2:

It sounds like everyone is enjoying their summer getting out and about except mac who has to stay home and feed the kitty cats and me who has to work...our time will come... only 28 days for me :cool1:

Hope everyone has their eclipse glasses for next week, we're sold out and have a waiting list for all that are coming in this week.

Have a great night homies :flower1:

Hey all! Got home at 1:30 am today-late flight that was delayed a bit and then 3 hour drive home. All slept in this am. School starts tomorrow. So glad I bought (online) school supplies before trip.

DD all settled in-waited 2 hours last night for FoP with roommates and is currently at Beaches and cream tackling a kitchen sink with her roomies. She did have training at 7 am today too. Ah to be young again!

Anyway-hope all are well! HHN trips should be happening soon! 53 days til october trip for me.

Glad to hear your girl is enjoying her new life as a CM monyk. Yep...oh to be young again and have so many possibilities ::yes::

Hooray for the new lawn mower and kind son that did the yard for you

I'm still in the 90's this week so far and nights low are 74

You having the same temps ?

Last year was hot until mid October and hope it does not happen this year again

I stay inside until evening unless it is to take son somewhere

But my car's ac had a charge and gets too cold for me
But no matter what, it sure does beat living in the North

Hey MonyK!
Back to the rat race now and back to work

Hope your daughter has a fabulous time with the cp and makes great friends while there

One question
Did they finish the kitchen sink?

Yum, kitchen sink. Sounds like your DD is fitting in just fine and having fun already Monky. Back to school is big in all the stores now. College starts up in 2 weeks, and senior high starts in 3. Last week of working at camp. Kids are stoked to sleep in next week. To be young. Yeah, they'd better be doing wash and cleaning off their desks and cleaning up their rooms during their week off.

Good to hear your new mower works so well Tink.

OOOh, a very muggy start to the day. Fog, with, vision zero to less than a 1/4 mile ahead. If it wasn't so hot feeling, you'd think it was Halloween time. But 70 at 6am felt more like mid 80's. High is 88 with pockets of rain. Steamy anyone?

Oh yeah, today is Wednesday. And for Keisha and all the homies to remember those working days, hump day. Almost seeing Friday. Reminder:
th
th
th

The keys are calling louder now, and fun fact: average temp of water in the gulf, 86 degrees. Oh yeah. I am so ready to snorkel and clear, warm water and weather. 10 days and counting. Little one is finally getting more excited. Have to get her to try the new waterproof camera out in the pool this weekend. I hope it works well. Has wifi, so I am hoping it can send pictures to the printer and my phone or cloud.

Time for tea. And maybe a glass of ice. It may turn into ice tea, depending on how cool the AC is today. Had to wear a sweater inside yesterday.

Enjoy your Wednesdays homies!

Happy Humpday!!!

Do you know how many pennies are in a quarter?

That's right, boys and girls: 25!!!

Which, coincidentally, is how many days until my UO trip!!!!!!!!!!!

For a moment i had to think:crazy:

I finally sprung for the touring plans membership, only for them to FAX room request for me @ proper time to Disney. Wish they'd do the same thing @ Universal, where i rarely even both to pick a tower, let alone a view lol.

Many here are platinum members @ Loews, too bad They don't do th edigital key thing like Hilton (you snag your specific room T-24).

Have a good one all. Our weather same as Lynne, will be spending time in pool today trying to keep cool.

Morning everyone :wave2:

Robo, hope you're feeling better soon :goodvibes

Tink, everyday cough is getting better. Thank you for asking. Will be glad to totally get over this respiratory stuff. Been dealing with it for almost 6 weeks now.

Lynne, I need chocolate too and with my pre trip diet the closest thing is chocolate yogurt :crazy2:

Tink you look great. My pre-trip diet has gone off the rails thanks to the oral steroids and the inhaler steroids. Will be done with them soon so hope to get back on track......have to have my girlish figure for Universal....NOT..........

Chuckers 25 days will be here before you know it.

Monykalyn glad to hear your daughter is settled in to her new CM position.

Off this morning to get grandaughter settled for another semester of college. She is going to the college I graduated from. When I went there many moons ago it was about 2,500 students. Now they have over 10,000 students and there are so many new building that have been added over the years.......Looks very different .....time marches on.

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!