Solo DDP?

snowwite

DIS Veteran
Do you all use the Disney Dining Plan? I’m trying to decide if it’s worth it. I’ll be in a DVC resort so there is no food court and I will have a studio with kitchenette. I will be there during the garden and flower festival. Does anyone know if you can purchase food at outdoor kitchens on the DDP?

Do you all use the Disney Dining Plan? I’m trying to decide if it’s worth it. I’ll be in a DVC resort so there is no food court and I will have a studio with kitchenette. I will be there during the garden and flower festival. Does anyone know if you can purchase food at outdoor kitchens on the DDP?
I do not use the dining plan. If it’s free dining, I usually do better with an AP room discount and buying food OOP than paying rack rate and getting free food. If I am paying for it, I usually spend less per day on food than the dining plan costs. You really have to take the time to do the calculations to see if it is worth it in your particular circumstances. When I stay in a DVC Studio with a kitchenette I typically only buy lunch, and fix something in the villa for breakfast and dinner, so it really isn’t worth it to me in that situation.

The booths at Epcot festivals usually have several items that qualify as snacks on the dining plan.

Thank you. I something think I will bother. I looked at some menus and I think it will be cheaper fr me to just do my own thing.

Forgetting about convience, the only way to get your money's worth with a DDP is to order the most expensive thing on the menu.

That said, the snacks you can buy at the festivals are usually the more expensive snacks. So if you use your snack credits on this, making sure you are full enough to skip lunch or dinner, you might have credits left to do a 2-credit table service.

I would only do it if you are really into food and like to taste a lot of different things.

I once did the Deluxe DDP, with 3 table service credits per day. I love food and ate the most delicious things, but it was soooo much food!

Forgetting about convience, the only way to get your money's worth with a DDP is to order the most expensive thing on the menu.

That said, the snacks you can buy at the festivals are usually the more expensive snacks. So if you use your snack credits on this, making sure you are full enough to skip lunch or dinner, you might have credits left to do a 2-credit table service.

I would only do it if you are really into food and like to taste a lot of different things.

I once did the Deluxe DDP, with 3 table service credits per day. I love food and ate the most delicious things, but it was soooo much food!
Yeah. I definitely can’t do that! I think I’ll pay as I go. I don’t want another All Inclusive fiasco. We paid like $190/day in Bermuda for all inclusive but then felt we needed to eat that much to break even. We ordered stuff we didn’t even want and over indulged way too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter