Solo at "Family style" service restaurants

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I always wondered what it would be like going to a family style service restaurant, so I thought I'd post my experience when I went to one (Cape May breakfast) last week. The server brought me plates of everything that families got, just in smaller amounts. There was a family seated at the next table from me, so I found myself comparing throughout the meal. For example, they got a plate with 4 pieces of French Toast-my plate had one piece. But when I was finished with my one piece, although there were several plates on my table of unfinished other breakfast items (Scrambled eggs, sausage, yogurt, etc.), my server came by and offered me more French toast. Although it was my first experience dining solo at a family style meal (in close to 100 solo meals over the years), I wouldn't hesitate to go to a family style meal solo again.
My only complaint was my own doing. The breakfast was advertised as 7:30-11:30. My reservation was at 11:25. No on rushed me out. However, there were just one or two other diners left when I was done, and they were already cleaning other tables and getting set up for dinner. It was one of the few times I felt awkward dining solo. I wish I'd just relaxed and spent a little more time at my table, rather than feeling I "should" leave.

I had a solo dinner at LTT once and similar experience with food. No issues.

I did breakfast at Garden Grill solo pre-COVID and my only complaint was I couldn’t eat all the fabulous rolls. I felt like I needed to give it a “Girl Scout try” as my grandma used to say and eat the eggs, bacon, etc. It was a lot of food.

That said I had no problems with the 10 course tasting menu at Jaleo! 😂

I ate solo at Hoop-Dee-Doo once and it seemed to me that I received a lot more than servings for a single person, especially with the dessert. My thought at the time was that it had to be what they would serve at least two people. I don't know for sure, because I was next to the stage and wasn't positioned to compare with others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter