Solo at DL

puggymom

Mouseketeer<br><font color="00a0ba">The Tag Fairy
Hi Singles, I'm heading to DL this summer Solo, anyone else been there as a solo recently and have any tips?

I live about 20 minutes from DL and often visit there by myself. I think you'll feel very comfortable there by yourself. Since it is much smaller than WDW, you won't have to worry about busses, and travelling around a resort by yourself. You'll be able to walk everywhere.
You'll have many restaurants to choose from there, shopping, and movies. If you feel the need to venture out a bit, you can take a cab to The Block At Orange. It's about 10 minutes away (all surface streets) and is a large outdoor shopping, entertainment area.

Boy, I'd be interested in answers also. I'm going solo the end of July. I've never been there, either solo or with anyone else, so I'm somewhat anxious about it. But I've been to WDW solo 5 or 6 times, so I figured that being armed with LOTS of information about the parks, studying maps beforehand is the way to be prepared.

DL is different in that once you walk 100 yards away from it or CA, you are no longer on Disney property. If you are staying at a Disney property, you should feel comfortable walking around. If you staying at a Neighbor Hotel and walk at night, you might want to make sure you're walking with groups of ppl. It is very busy around DL, with many motels, hotels, restaurants, traffic, and such. I have a more "aware of what's goin' on" outside of Disneyland than at WDW.

Hope this helps. :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter