Solo 1 day - first visit to the world!

Janemall

Mouseketeer
hello! I'm a Disneyland veteran, and have never been to Disney world. I will be in Florida staying off property for work and have Sunday September 17th available to spend some time in the park. I am a HUGE ride fan, and am looking forward to a solo trip to jam as much into my day as possible. I'm not sure when I will be at another Disney park, so this will be my last visit for probably a couple years.

I am currently working on three different options:

1 - visit MK from opening, and purchase a MNSSHP ticket so that I can experience it for the first time and stay past the 7pm posted closing time

2 - visit Epcot or Animal Kingdom until 3pm (take advantage of single rider line), then head to MNSSHP at 4pm

3 - save the extra money (1 day tickets are super expensive!) and head to MK from 4pm for MNSSHP

I will also be taking advantage of Uber to get me to/from the resort

TIA!

Last edited:
Epcot has Food & Wine going on then. I will be going a week later, else I would welcome company. With one day, do MK or Epcot, but MK will be less crowded on party days and has more rides. However, Epcot does get more crowded, especially after 4pm, on weekends due to locals during F&W, so you would want to take that into consideration. If you wanted, you could do Epcot in the morning and hop after lunch. I don't really feel Animal Kingdom would be worth a partial day unless you knew you could come back soon, and waits on Pandora rides are still horrendous.

MK is similar to DL.

I would pay the price and buy a one day ticket to AK - and then go to the MNSSHP at MK.

AK - go at rope drop - ride the Safari. Hit FOTLK. FP the new ride FoP. Deal with the line for Navi River. Ride Everest solo. Also see either Nemo or Flights of Wonder. Consider riding Dinosaur to compare it to Indy. Eat lunch at either the food court in Africa or the new canteen in Pandora. Walk an animal trail.

I think AK is SO different than the two parks in CA - I think its your best choice as part of the day - and head to MNSSHP.

DHS - not worth it as a one day right now and I avoid EPCOT on weekends during F&W. Plus - you like rides - and EPCOT just has Soarin (like CA), Test Track (okay - so Radiator Springs is better), as BIG rides in Sept (Mission Space will still be closed) - the other rides in EPCOT aren't a big deal.

MK is similar to DL.

I would pay the price and buy a one day ticket to AK - and then go to the MNSSHP at MK.

AK - go at rope drop - ride the Safari. Hit FOTLK. FP the new ride FoP. Deal with the line for Navi River. Ride Everest solo. Also see either Nemo or Flights of Wonder. Consider riding Dinosaur to compare it to Indy. Eat lunch at either the food court in Africa or the new canteen in Pandora. Walk an animal trail.

I think AK is SO different than the two parks in CA - I think its your best choice as part of the day - and head to MNSSHP.

DHS - not worth it as a one day right now and I avoid EPCOT on weekends during F&W. Plus - you like rides - and EPCOT just has Soarin (like CA), Test Track (okay - so Radiator Springs is better), as BIG rides in Sept (Mission Space will still be closed) - the other rides in EPCOT aren't a big deal.

Only thing with Flight of Passage is you more or less have to get that FastPass booked at the 60 day mark unless you get very lucky. Otherwise, your best shot would be to do that first then the Safari.

It's kind of a tough one for a DL veteran. That's me - grew up in Cal, even worked at DL before I went to WDW.
The Magic Kingdom is a must see.

I would agree with kwdw. Since you're already going to be in the MK for MNSSHP and can only go to one park I
think AK might be best. Epcot is my fav park but AK is so different than anything else it would be a good choice.
At this time you could avoid Pandora and see everything else in that short period of time.

It's kind of a tough one for a DL veteran. That's me - grew up in Cal, even worked at DL before I went to WDW.
The Magic Kingdom is a must see.

I would agree with kwdw. Since you're already going to be in the MK for MNSSHP and can only go to one park I
think AK might be best. Epcot is my fav park but AK is so different than anything else it would be a good choice.
At this time you could avoid Pandora and see everything else in that short period of time.

I would agree on that. It is doable if you could either FastPass FoP or skip Pandora(unless you want to visit for the food), but Pandora will be busy for the foreseeable future. Another tip is to try and get a Tusker House reservation between 8AM and 8:30AM if you do AK. You will be right beside the safari.

Thanks guys, sounds like I'll hit up AK in the morning for rope drop, then over to MNSSHP at 4pm.

Good news is the tickets are a bit cheaper this was too

I definitely would vote for AK then going to MK for Halloween Party. Epcot and HS don't have enough stuff to do for a whole day. At AK, you can do the Safari, the 2 trails, Single Rider line Everest, then catch the Lion King and Nemo shows. It's a beautiful themed park. Even if you don't ride the Avatar rides, you can still walk through Pandora. Plus it has really good quick service restaurants with more choices than burgers, fries and chicken nuggets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter