So you bought DVC what are you gonna do next?? A September birthday PTR *Updated 8/24

I do not have an Owner's Locker. It is something we might look into but we drive so we can carry so much more stuff with us in the car.

Oh, hi there!
Remember me? That cray person who starts PTRs and doesn't finish them?

tenor.gif

I'm back! A long time ago, it seems I did ADRs and then I changed them, and then I added stuff and I changed them again! Here's what they look like now:

upload_2018-4-12_23-23-44.png

For now, DH isn't coming until Tuesday evening, and he won't be coming to meet us at a park that day. As you can see I have two Pirate's League appointments booked. The first one DH will not be there for, and I know DD will want him to see her make-up, BUT Wednesday is not really a full day. Plan there was to do 'Ohana, head back to WL, then hit Epcot in the afternoon/Evening ending with the Frozen Dessert party. I fear if we go into MK that day for Pirates League, getting Elora out will be near impossible. But idk yet.

peter-pan-confused.gif

I've not booked either dessert party thingy, as they're not available yet, and I'm impatiently waiting for FP day, even though I basically have no idea what I'm gonna get.
Wow, I'm the worst planner ever! I've been so busy with life/parenting/work stuff I can't Disney!

raw

Good thing work is Disney, sometimes.

We did have a movie night in March, Toy Story! DH has a bunch of the photos on his camera, so I'll never ever see them, but here are a few:

It happened to be the first sunny, warm day of the year so we were outside a lot! We made Alien Bags from stuff at Dollar Tree, and Elora helped me design the ball toss game. It ended up not working cause I used construction paper to cover the holes after accidentally buying tiny squares of tissue paper, lol! But we had also grabbed a few water pistols so E shot the board with those. We already had the TsumTsums I put in the cups, but she's still little enough to enjoy it anyway. We also made rockets to shoot in the sky with a straw, but Elora decorated them a bit too much and they didn't fly, so we hung them on the wall. It was nice having DH home with us too! He works so much and so hard, which he loves, and does right by our unit, but we miss him.

This month we're doing UP! And I can't wait. DD has never seen it and it's a favorite of mine.

We also have decided to go to Miami and Palm Beach before this Disney trip. My grandmother has Alzheimer's and is being placed in a special facility where, very sadly, my grandfather will not be able to live with her. This reality seems to have aged them both very quickly, so we would like to see them as often a possible. I may actually be going down in June, if things line up. Sad really, but we'll get to see all the rest of the fam bam as well!

SiL is "toying" with the idea of coming up in September while we're there.

giphy.gif

We'll see what happens there.

That's it from me, for now. I'm up later than I should be, so I'll pay for it tomorrow when my well rested child wakes at dawn.

TTFN friends hope your worlds are turning nicely!

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-12_22-51-23.png
    upload_2018-4-12_22-51-23.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 6
Loving the plans and the Toy Story movie event! Look forward to seeing the UP activities!

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother and the subsequent reaction of your grandfather. I will be thinking of them.

How did she like Toy Story? Love all the things that you guys did!

Up is another good movie!

All of your dinning reservations sound great! Making me hungry just thinking about them.

Joining in! Your plans look great! So sorry to hear about your grandmother. My grandma died from Alzheimer's in 2015 after 25 years with the disease! I think putting her in the home is what killed my grandfather. He died two years after she went into a secured unit. I am very sorry you have to deal with that. I found volunteering with the Alzheimer's association has helped me tremendously. Looking forward to hearing the rest of your trip plans!

Loving the plans and the Toy Story movie event! Look forward to seeing the UP activities!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to one we're starting this week. Gonna reuse the Andy's room wall decor we made and add the house and balloons to it. Elora is learning to use her scissors so she likes to cut stuff, lol!

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother and the subsequent reaction of your grandfather. I will be thinking of them.

Thank you. :hug:

How did she like Toy Story? Love all the things that you guys did!

She loved it! My mom is coming for a visit next month and is bringing the sequels, which I'm ashamed to admit I don't own. Elora is excited to see them.

Up is another good movie!

DH and I love UP! I'm hoping Elora can stay still for most of it. She gets antsy when there isn't a ton of singing or songs in a movie.

All of your dinning reservations sound great! Making me hungry just thinking about them.

Thanks! I'm honestly most excited about the Dessert Parties! We've never done one!

Joining in! Your plans look great! So sorry to hear about your grandmother. My grandma died from Alzheimer's in 2015 after 25 years with the disease! I think putting her in the home is what killed my grandfather. He died two years after she went into a secured unit. I am very sorry you have to deal with that. I found volunteering with the Alzheimer's association has helped me tremendously. Looking forward to hearing the rest of your trip plans!

Hi and :welcome:

I'm so sorry about your grandparents. It's such a sad illness, not that any illness is a happy one, but watching her struggle to place a face she knows she should know is terrible. We're convinced once she's recovered from surgery and in a home and settled my grandfather will pass. He's here now to make sure she's ok, and once he feels she is he will let go.

I've been researching the illness as much as I can. I'll look into the association, thank you for the suggestion.

Plans are coming together, just gotta nail down those Fast Passes!

Your "Toy Story" movie night looks awesome! I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. My Granny also has Alzheimers. She is in a special home, but it is inside another home, so my Grandfather is also there with her.

I hope you guys like them!

I can't see not liking them. For me anyting with special seating is a winner, and for DD and DH anything with dessert is a winner, lol!

Your "Toy Story" movie night looks awesome! I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. My Granny also has Alzheimers. She is in a special home, but it is inside another home, so my Grandfather is also there with her.

Thank you. :hug:

I promise I'll have an update at some point today; DH is having a date with DD since he's been working so much (as usual), so I will have the house to myself! :goodvibes

The Confusion Has Set In!

Y'all, I am drowning over here! Between getting Elora signed up for swim, looking at schools for the fall, her ballet recital, my mom visiting us, us visiting family in Florida, work and then regular life, I haven't had a ton of time to myself, much less time to actually work on this trip. BUT yesterday, my wonderful husband took our daughter on a picnic date and they were gone all day! Admittedly, it was weird and the house was WAY too quiet, but it was nice to finish a few sewing projects, clean in peace (lol!) and I planned most of our days out.

We are at 124 days from this trip, well really 120 because we fly to Florida 4 days prior to Disney, but that doesn't count! Especially since after his date with DD DH has decided he wants to come for the entire trip. Apparently, Elora confronted him, his words, asking him why he thought it was ok to miss her birthday; she's very direct and has a huge vocabulary for a 3.5 year old. I'm so glad he wants to do that cause DD was not happy that he wasn't going to be there from start to finish, and it means I don't have to plan things for two groups.

That being said I feel like I've nailed down most of our plans, but when I looked at my tentative FP+ selections I was a bit worried I wasn't getting the full 3 a few days, maybe y'all can help with that.

upload_2018-5-7_11-19-21.png

So, what you're seeing there is just for FP+, the plan is not to over plan, which I always do. That being said, I'm leaving myself like 3 days with no FP+ pre-selects at MK, and that makes me nervous. BUT I'm hoping it won't be insanely busy, and we will be able to pop on a few rides, or nab a few FP+ after our first 3 are used up. We will have hoppers so the idea is to hit one park in the am, rest a few hours then hit a different park at night. The only two days I'm figuring we will go all day are Sunday at MK, since they close at 6 PM for MNSSHP, and our HS day on Tuesday. I have us scheduled to leave the park at 4 PM, but we will see how DH does; he has been told he can come and go as he pleases, but we know DD owns him. DD will go all day now, and sleeps 10-12 hour straight, so I'm concerned she won't nap much, but everything is different in Disney World!

Your thought, opinions and suggested adjustments are welcomed!

Hope all is right in your worlds!

Admittedly, it was weird and the house was WAY too quiet, but it was nice to finish a few sewing projects, clean in peace (lol!) and I planned most of our days out.
Isn't it funny how that works? You are dyeing for alone time and then you get it and it feels weird!

Apparently, Elora confronted him, his words, asking him why he thought it was ok to miss her birthday; she's very direct and has a huge vocabulary for a 3.5 year old.
Bless her heart! I love her. You go Elora, you tell your Daddy what you feel!

Fast passes look good!

Why aren't you trying for Toy Story fast passes both days you are there? No Midway Mania? Other than that, we aren't big fans of The Little Mermaid Show or even the Beauty and the Beast Show at this point. We have seen it enough, that I don't need a fast pass for it.

For Animal Kingdom, why don't you try for a dusk Everest Fast Pass before FOP?

And personally, I would book something on any day you are going to MK the worst case scenario, you cancel or change the Fast passes. Better safe than sorry.

Isn't it funny how that works? You are dyeing for alone time and then you get it and it feels weird!

YES! It was weird feeling, I did not like it, lol!

Bless her heart! I love her. You go Elora, you tell your Daddy what you feel!

I love that about her, she is so honest about her feelings, I hope that never changes.

Fast passes look good!

:thumbsup2

Why aren't you trying for Toy Story fast passes both days you are there? No Midway Mania? Other than that, we aren't big fans of The Little Mermaid Show or even the Beauty and the Beast Show at this point. We have seen it enough, that I don't need a fast pass for it.

My plan for Monday is to do Animal Kingdom at rope drop, but just do stuff E wants to do, so Rafiki's Planet Watch, the Safari, Lion King, etc. We'll leave there after lunch, rest then hit HS around 5 PM. There we will just to do dinner at Sci-Fi, meet Sorcerer Mickey, swap ToT and RnR then hot Fantasmic! with the VIP dessert seating. The following day, Tuesday is to be a rope drop at HS. It looks like TSMM and Slinky are both same tear, so I figured I'll FP whichever one I can get, then wait in line for TSMM and Alien Saucers. I'm going off of touring plans, which has been helpful in the past, but who knows with a new land opening up! I may reconfigure a little though...

For Animal Kingdom, why don't you try for a dusk Everest Fast Pass before FOP?

My sister suggested the same thing. Just to have it, even if we don't make it; that's another "half day" at AK.

And personally, I would book something on any day you are going to MK the worst case scenario, you cancel or change the Fast passes. Better safe than sorry.

Mine too. Thing is, I have Sunday all day at MK, then we will likely pop in on Tuesday night to do a few things and see HEA, then we are there Thursday evening after AK, and Friday morning before Pandora. I'm not sure getting FP at MK would be our best option for that plan, but I'm concerned we will either wait in terrible lines, or miss stuff. Thankfully sis is working on a few special FPs from some CM friends she still has.

Are you going to get the Alien ride for your other HS day? Or plan on rope dropping?

We plan to rope drop, since we can only FP one attraction in the area we will try for Slinky or TSMM and wait for the other two.:confused3

I think your FP+ look good! I am currently writing an update working on the same thing! FP+ always stress me out!

FP+ is that final thing, once it's done you really don't have a ton of options to make changes! :faint:

Last edited:
Apparently, Elora confronted him, his words, asking him why he thought it was ok to miss her birthday; she's very direct and has a huge vocabulary for a 3.5 year old.
I love this!

I'm so glad he wants to do that cause DD was not happy that he wasn't going to be there from start to finish, and it means I don't have to plan things for two groups.
Yay for easier planning!

he has been told he can come and go as he pleases, but we know DD owns him.
:rotfl2:

Just FYI: no FP for Anna & Elsa meet and greet. It is standby only.

I love this!

Me too! She’s such a fierce and passionate little one.

Yay for easier planning!

Right! It's nice not having to consider what he's gonna miss out on.

:rotfl2:

You know it's true, you saw the dress last Halloween!

Just FYI: no FP for Anna & Elsa meet and greet. It is standby only.

Ya know, I knew that! I'm blaming this one on seasonal allergies, not sure why it's the fault of seasonal allergies, but it is! LOL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well kids, I'm making changes, right now. I had reservations about some of our dailies, and I'm switching it up! I'll be back with more on that, and I'll post the pics from our April movie night which was UP!

We're staying at the Boardwalk Villas :). I love your movie nights! I would like to do that...but I can't get myself pulled together. Ha! I haven't done any FP+ planning yet, either. Hopefully as soon as school is out I can start on that!

We're staying at the Boardwalk Villas :). I love your movie nights! I would like to do that...but I can't get myself pulled together. Ha! I haven't done any FP+ planning yet, either. Hopefully as soon as school is out I can start on that!

Ooo! I’m hoping to stay at boardwalk in January, gotta wait for DVC to open up for our dates. The movie nights are fun, and they don’t have to be as complex as the ones we do. We skipped May, it’s been an insane month, and June will likely be Finding Dory cause I nabbed a bunch of Dollar Tree crafts, lol!

Well That Took Forever!

Y'all I have all but abandoned this PTR! I've played around with daily plans and where I wanna FP, I'm hoarding two ADRs at Sci-Fi (I know it's evil) cause I'm not sure when I wanna go and then my SIL texted me...

THEY ARE BOOKED IN ORLANDO AT THE SAME TIME AS WE ARE

giphy.gif

It bugged me a touch that she didn't ask me if I could book it for them, seeing as THAT'S MY JOB, but then she asked me for all this advice on dining and FP+ and I felt myself unravelling

giphy.gif

If any of you read my previous PTR you know she's the least helpful plan changer ever. But I stayed cool, I emailed her what I had and told her I'd love it if she could join us for some stuff. As it turns out they're staying like 20 minutes from Walt Disney World, so I'm not really seeing how this is gonna work out too well, but I can't stop her from being in the same city as we are.

That sounds way worse than it is, I love her, truly, she's great and her kids are great her husband is a hoot. I just know how I travel and I know how they travel, and it's not the same.

Onward we go!

I've got most of my Tinker Belle Trading gifts together here's my list:
Disney Lip Gloss (Target)
Glow Mickey Ears (Target dollar section, amazing)
A shirt (gotta buy)
A Descendants bathing suit and personalized towel
Princess PJs
Stack of candy boxes (also from Target)
Hair accessories (gotta buy these)
And some cute little activity things for her backpack, think stickers and coloring stuff

We're still deciding between Garden Grocer and Publix via Shipt. I offered to get the groceries before returning the rental car on arrival day, but I'm glad everyone said not to worry about it. The thought of driving from WPB, stopping for food, dropping it at WL and then going back to MCO to return the car gives me hives. I've never done grocery delivery before. And since it's so many of us for a week we are thinking full bottles of shampoo and stuff are ideal and just getting an Owner's Locker since I'll be back in January. My mom says Garden Grocer but when I asked why she was vague about it. I think she feels they're more reliable, but I love me some Publix and I will order a sub (if you've never had a Publix Sub you need to, literally the best).

Home has been insane this month so like I said before not much has changed plan wise. I am struggling with my Monday and Tuesday plans. Originally I had us doing Monday AM EMH at AK resting then hitting HS in the afternoon/evening. BUT sis wants to see HEA more than once and I only have us seeing it on Thursday night. So now idk... We are supossed to pow wow when I'm in Florida at the end of June. Oh, did I mention that I'm super smart and booked my flight home from Miami to Detroit on our FP+ day?

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Yeah.

At least the fight is at noon so I can just do it before we head to the airport.

I was gonna leave you with some pics of our UP movie night from April, but my computer is being a jerk. We skipped Movie Night in May cause my mom visited us, and then DH had to fly to Philly for a funeral; so sad his friend was on his bike and was hit by a car. Needless to say we skipped it. June will either be Incredibles or Finding Nemo/Dory mostly cause I have a ton of crafts for Nemo/Dory and Incredibles dinner would be leftovers, per Helen Parr.

TTFN friends, hope all is well!

It bugged me a touch that she didn't ask me if I could book it for them, seeing as THAT'S MY JOB, but then she asked me for all this advice on dining and FP+ and I felt myself unravelling
Oh Boy! Family... Got to love em.. And hate them all at the same time.

That sounds way worse than it is, I love her, truly, she's great and her kids are great her husband is a hoot. I just know how I travel and I know how they travel, and it's not the same.
So, knowing how the last trip turned out, I honestly would plan the trip the way you want it to be. Maybe bend a little here and there where you don't really mind doing so, but if there is something you really want to do, keep it!

I've got most of my Tinker Belle Trading gifts together here's my list:
Disney Lip Gloss (Target)
Glow Mickey Ears (Target dollar section, amazing)
A shirt (gotta buy)
A Descendants bathing suit and personalized towel
Princess PJs
Stack of candy boxes (also from Target)
Hair accessories (gotta buy these)
And some cute little activity things for her backpack, think stickers and coloring stuff
All sound great!

My mom says Garden Grocer but when I asked why she was vague about it. I think she feels they're more reliable, but I love me some Publix and I will order a sub (if you've never had a Publix Sub you need to, literally the best).
So, I have never done Publix. How does that work? We have done Garden Grocer many times and have always been happy with the service. No complaints. But I would be interested to hear how Publix works and if you use it how it goes.

BUT sis wants to see HEA more than once and I only have us seeing it on Thursday night. So now idk...
Like I said above, if you are ok going there twice go for it but you also don't need to be together the whole time. Good Luck deciding!

June will either be Incredibles or Finding Nemo/Dory mostly cause I have a ton of crafts for Nemo/Dory and Incredibles dinner would be leftovers, per Helen Parr.
I vote for Incredibles! Then you can go see the new one in the theater. I love incredibles and can't wait for the new one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter