So what part of "No Flash Photography" don't they understand???

In Space Mountain there is a bright flash at the end and after the ride I closed my eyes to see nice spots. For some people the sudden flash can cause problems and ruin the ride. I am hypersensitive so that may be another factor beyond my eyes not adjusting well enough to light changes.

In Space Mountain there is a bright flash at the end and after the ride I closed my eyes to see nice spots. For some people the sudden flash can cause problems and ruin the ride. I am hypersensitive so that may be another factor beyond my eyes not adjusting well enough to light changes.

Isn't that the flash for when they take the ride photo? I guess they're allowed huh? ;) I've seen this on Splash too, but most consistently on SM.

Well, I would just like to go on record, that while I am not a doormat, and I don't take flash pictures, this has not ever bothered me on a ride, let alone ruined the ride for me. I just don't notice it. But I can sure feel for the people that are effected by the flashes with migraines. I would really want that enforced if that were the case too. You have a good boyfriend to stick up for you.
I feel the same as you re: flash on rides. It doesn't bother me as much as some people, and I certainly won't get angry about it (wasted energy about something I have no control over), but I don't get sick from it either. I suppose it's a different story if it causes one to get ill. :goodvibes

Isn't that the flash for when they take the ride photo? I guess they're allowed huh? ;) I've seen this on Splash too, but most consistently on SM.

I'm pretty sure it's the ride photo. I don't do Space every time, it makes me sick to my stomach and it too can bring on migraines. :( I do it sometimes but we usually let the girls go twice in a row with our fastpasses or DBF and I get FP for Buzz and ride that when the kids are riding Space. :)

I'm pretty sure it's the ride photo. I don't do Space every time, it makes me sick to my stomach and it too can bring on migraines. :( I do it sometimes but we usually let the girls go twice in a row with our fastpasses or DBF and I get FP for Buzz and ride that when the kids are riding Space. :)

Yeah, I can't ride SM anymore because of all the lights that flash throughout the entire ride. That makes me sick too. The one at the end doesn't have a thing on the rest flashing by the entire ride!:scared1: I was able to ride it in 2005 after the refurb for the 50th because the entire inside was more lit up. You could see everything including the tracks, etc. Then they went back to the old way with the lights against the black darkness. The lights streaking by and nothing else to focus on because it's pitch black, just makes me really ill and dizzy.:faint: I'm lucky because the regular flashes from people don't make me ill.

I wish I had been able to ride with the lights up. If they ever do that again I'll be all over it! :)

I remember this happening on Pirates one time. I was there with my daughter and there was a couple next to me. The lady took a picture of that one pirate skeleton chillin the the bed. The camera was basically in my face when the flash went off so I yelled "OMG!!! I'M BLIND!!!!"

She didn't take anymore pictures for the rest of the ride. ;)

I know it happens all over and it rarely gets to me if it's just once... but on POTC it drives me crazy! I applaud the CM's who actually DO say something...
The funniest was a few days ago when someone in the boat took a picture of the skull warning that there be squalls ahead... and suddenly Mr Skull had a female voice saying "absolutely no flash photography". It did stop that particular culprit too!

My worst experience by far though... I was on Space Mountain in the second row when some guy in front of me turns on some flashing, spinning neon wristband things and held his arms up in front of him. I was seriously blinded and had the very non-Disney moment of cussing the so-n-so out... I was ready to punch him in the back of the head. He was bigger than me, but I think he felt the rage behind him and did shut them off. Jerk.

I had to deal with this on Haunted Mansion a few days ago, the first time I ever kept my eyes open the whole ride. It didnt upset me much because I thought it was part of the ride since I wasnt looking in that direction it upset my boyfriend though since I finally agreed to keep my eyes open and he didnt want my experience ruined lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter