So Much to Celebrate. . a Disney Wedding, 30th Anniversary & Easter 2015 Updated 3/29

I love CoP, but I also love taking a nap there. I think it's a common occurrence for sure.

I really wanted to see the Festival of Fantasy Parade since it was brand new for all of us.

I've still never seen this parade and I really want to!! But I'm worried we won't want to be outside on the asphalt at 3pm any day in August to do it, so we may miss it yet again this time.

And Danielle took a rest. Here's proof positive and teenagers can sleep anywhere, and of course she would only do this in Disney where the ground is even clean.
img_6149-jpg.253597

And yes she did end up with some stripes.

Hilarious!! I'm sure she loved the resulting tan/burn!

Can't wait for your parade pictures. :)

April 8th- Magic Kingdom Celebrating the Newlyweds

So this is a true new chapter to the Trip Report. I still have lots of post to fix the pictures in but we are well past needing something new to read about.

This was the day after the wedding. We had ended our night on a great note but all watching Fantasmic and visiting with Brent and Hannah back at our resort. They weren't with us on this day since they had to fly back to Austin. They were only with us a short time but I'm trilled they were able to come at all. Brent says he's not coming back until they open the Star Wars area so hopefully that means a big family trip in 2019. Fingers crossed.

This day was an early entry day at the Magic Kingdom. The park was opening at 7 a.m. After having driven to Chef Mickeys and the Poly we felt we were ready to drive to the Magic Kingdom parking lot. We left early and picked up Michelle and Jimmy on our way. Riverside really isn't very far from anywhere. We figured we would be there in plenty of time to make rope drop. We did good until we missed turning to enter the gates to the Magic Kingdom, instead we drove on like we were going to the Poly again. We ended up driving past the Richard Petty driving experience, that of course is not longer there. We had to turn around and go back. We finally found the parking lot and didn't get too bad of a spot. I think we were still in the front row. I wish I had taken pictures but we were rushing. It's all just a blur now. This was our first time ever driving and I don't think we would do it again. We hurried to the TTC in hopes of catching a monorail ASAP but once again luck was not on our side. They were only running the ferries. Not terrible, but not good. The last time we took the ferry was in 2002. Danielle didn't remember having ever rode, but I just feel like they take FOREVER. We walked all the way to the front so we could see the park approaching. We just seemed to be inching along. While riding we got a text from Chelsea, she and Tyler had once again beat us there. Michelle used the time to finish getting ready by using the "emergency make-up".

This was our view.

IMG_6658.JPG

After a while it started getting closer. I know this is blurry but I was happy to be getting there.
IMG_6659.JPG

We rushed through bag check and the entrance to meet up with Chelsea and Tyler.

This was going to be a day that we would come together and break apart. Originally we had set fastpasses so we could do several rides together, but that wasn't going to work. Jimmy didn't want to do any thrill rides and Wayne and Carolyn liked to do things at their own pace. Since they had Gia she pretty much stayed with them. They were going to meet us later in the morning some time before our lunch ADR @ Be Our Guest.

One of the thrill rides we didn't have a FP for was Space Mountain. Dennis, Danielle and I had already done it and Jimmy and Michelle weren't interested. We sent Chelsea and Tyler to ride Space, both did not want to miss any thrill rides.

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINA_7273201787.jpeg

Dennis and Danielle rode Buzz.
MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_7273200648.jpeg

While I took a few photos of the area.

IMG_6660.JPG IMG_6661.JPG IMG_6662.JPG IMG_6663.JPG IMG_6664.JPG

So what did Jimmy and Michelle do?

They did what they do best...take pictures. These were taken on Main Street.

MK_MSCASEYS_7262590357.jpeg

Continued in next post . . . .

Last edited:
Magic Kingdom continued. . .

More lovely photos of the newlyweds.

MK_MSCASEYS_7291380812.jpeg MK_MSCASEYS_7291386270.jpeg

They look really cute. Lets see how long Jimmy keeps the groom ears on.

We all met back up at Buzz and rode all together. Can't tell you who won but I'm pretty sure I didn't. Keep in mind this is Dennis' favorite ride in MK.

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_7262599306.jpeg MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_7273201847.jpeg MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_7291386012.jpeg MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_7262599308.jpeg

We stopped for pictures with Zurg. The guys couldn't fit between the bars so they had to improvise.

IMG_6665.JPG IMG_6666.JPG IMG_6667.JPG IMG_6668.JPG

My girls are once again hams for the camera. They definitely keep life interesting. I love that Michelle doesn't take herself too seriously and Jimmy plays right along with her.

It was only about 7:37 by this time so we weren't doing too bad. Our first FP was for 9:20 so we had some time to kill. Stay tuned for more Magic Kingdom.

Brent says he's not coming back until they open the Star Wars area so hopefully that means a big family trip in 2019. Fingers crossed.

Nathan has already decided we're going on a trip as soon as it opens! We'll see.

This was our first time ever driving and I don't think we would do it again.

Definitely are pros and cons to driving versus bussing...I think we'll end up doing a little of both this time around, but I'm not driving to the MK when I can avoid it. It's such a pain doing the TTC.

They did what they do best...take pictures. These were taken on Main Street.

mk_mscaseys_7262590357-jpeg.255168

Such sweet pictures!! I love their ears and shirts! I'm looking forward to making Nathan do some of these :)

My girls are once again hams for the camera. They definitely keep life interesting. I love that Michelle doesn't take herself too seriously and Jimmy plays right along with her.

I love this about your girls, too! I'm similar, and Nathan learned quickly to roll with it. Jimmy's a good man for joining the fun!

Nathan has already decided we're going on a trip as soon as it opens! We'll see.

We're thinking 2019 for Star Wars and 2021 for the 50th celebration.

Definitely are pros and cons to driving versus bussing...I think we'll end up doing a little of both this time around, but I'm not driving to the MK when I can avoid it. It's such a pain doing the TTC.

I'm never driving to MK again if I can help it. Our trip in February will be all buses since we're flying again.

Such sweet pictures!! I love their ears and shirts! I'm looking forward to making Nathan do some of these :)

I can't wait to see your pictures. I'm sure you'll get some great ones.

I love this about your girls, too! I'm similar, and Nathan learned quickly to roll with it. Jimmy's a good man for joining the fun!

Michelle is actually better at this than Danielle. It surprised me what Jimmy is will to do.

I'm sure you did already read it. Photobucket has removed all my photos unless I pay them $500. I'm slowly reposting my pictures straight from my computer. As I repost it only lets me have 10 pictures per post so I'm having to add extra post to get more pictures in. What a pain.

That is a real pain.Fortunately I only used Photobucket for a small number of photo in a PTR for my 2015 trip before I moved over to Flickr. I think most people will be looking for alternatives.

So this is a true new chapter to the Trip Report. I still have lots of post to fix the pictures in but we are well past needing something new to read about.

Absolutely you can go back later and fix the earlier posts. If you want to replace directly the photos in the earlier posts you could use insert them with Flickr. Feel free to ask for help in using Flickr.

Brent says he's not coming back until they open the Star Wars area so hopefully that means a big family trip in 2019. Fingers crossed.

At the moment that is what we are thinking about - star wars not the big family trip. We are due to come back 2018 but are debating waiting for 2019.

More lovely photos of the newlyweds.
They have some great photos.

Absolutely you can go back later and fix the earlier posts. If you want to replace directly the photos in the earlier posts you could use insert them with Flickr. Feel free to ask for help in using Flickr.

I have a Flicr account but have no idea how to use it. Any help would be great.

Her face is so classic! I love it!!

Yes, you guys are certainly on a roll already having done this by 7:30 or so. Nicely done!

So yeah, the whole Photobucket debacle. What a joke. Kinda pissed about it actually. Need to figure it out too.

I have no idea but I wish you luck. I wonder how many others have been hit.

I got the same notice, but since all my trip reports are really old I just blew it off. If I ever do another one I will post a different way. There is no way I would pay for the same service you can get other places for free.

I have been MIA for a while, but am enjoying catching up with the TR. Great pictures and a great trip. And I think of Ariel every time I see Danielle! I think she really is a mermaid.

No problem - happy to help. First step can you still get logged into it? I always find that helps.

I can still logged in. I even uploaded some photos but couldn't figure out how to post them. I had photobucket down pat. Any help you can give me would be great.

Her face is so classic! I love it!!

Michelle has the best expressions.

Yes, you guys are certainly on a roll already having done this by 7:30 or so. Nicely done!

We were just zipping around.

So yeah, the whole Photobucket debacle. What a joke. Kinda pissed about it actually. Need to figure it out too.

It has been a total mess.

I got the same notice, but since all my trip reports are really old I just blew it off. If I ever do another one I will post a different way. There is no way I would pay for the same service you can get other places for free.

I'm not going to worry about my old reports but it has really messed this one up.

I have been MIA for a while, but am enjoying catching up with the TR. Great pictures and a great trip. And I think of Ariel every time I see Danielle! I think she really is a mermaid.

I'm so glad you back and getting caught up. I'm really sorry that a lot of the pictures aren't working.

Danielle repeated her mermaid picture on our trip in May again. I'm going to tell her what you said.

Real life update.

I've been missing for the last few weeks. Lots happening IRL. I've been looking for a new job. I finally got the offer I wanted on Tuesday. I put my notice in on my old job on Wednesday and worked my last day on Thursday. I took Friday to take Danielle for a doctor's appointment and also had on for me.

I work in the insurance industry and for 25 years I've work for agents for Allstate. I've worked for the most recent agent for over 10 years. I don't like change but as I see the big 5 0 coming I'm ready to make changes. I'm going to be working for an independent agent staring tomorrow. I'm looking forward to learning something new and expanding my skill set. I will be training for the first few weeks before I'm in my new office. I'm looking forward to meeting new people too. The hardest part of leaving my old job was the people I left. I had worked with one coworker since 2001. Hopefully I won't be too tired when I get home and still have some energy left for spending time on the Dis. They have already said I would take off to go to Disney in February.

Michelle is still trying to adjust to being a new mom and returning to work. Danielle is getting ready to start college on the 21st. The daycare where John-Paul is going to go to doesn't have an opening until September so Danielle is watching him a few days a week. The is great for me since I get to see him before I go to work and sometimes when I come home. Where I use to work I could come home at lunch and see him too. One of the downsides of my new job is it is farther away so I won't get to see him at lunch anymore.

Congrats on the new job! Where is Danielle going to college? (you may have said this but my brain is mush) Going back to work with a new baby is always soooo hard!

Congrats on your new job!! I'm sure it's bittersweet, but sounds like it'll be a great new opportunity for you!

Congratulations on the new job! I hope your first day in the new workplace went well; it's tough making big changes like that in life but I'm sure it was for the best for you.
And good luck to Danielle as she heads off to college soon. What an exciting time!

Here we were told to look scared. I don't think we look scared.
Looks more like the evil eye than scared.

Onto more small attractions. Believe it or not we like to hit the Swiss Family Treehouse at least every other trip.
I enjoy it from time to time to. Not an every trip thing. And definitely not a "90 degree day in July" thing.

And Danielle took a rest. Here's proof positive and teenagers can sleep anywhere, and of course she would only do this in Disney where the ground is even clean.
Impressive shade finding skills!

And yes she did end up with some stripes.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

They weren't with us on this day since they had to fly back to Austin. They were only with us a short time but I'm trilled they were able to come at all. Brent says he's not coming back until they open the Star Wars area so hopefully that means a big family trip in 2019. Fingers crossed.
I don't know... if the opening of Pandora was any indication you might want to give it a year or 2 for the craziness to die down there!

We all met back up at Buzz and rode all together. Can't tell you who won but I'm pretty sure I didn't. Keep in mind this is Dennis' favorite ride in MK.
A lot of intensity in those pictures.

I've been missing for the last few weeks. Lots happening IRL. I've been looking for a new job. I finally got the offer I wanted on Tuesday. I put my notice in on my old job on Wednesday and worked my last day on Thursday. I took Friday to take Danielle for a doctor's appointment and also had on for me.
Congratulations on the new job! I hope things are off to a good start!

I've been missing for the last few weeks. Lots happening IRL. I've been looking for a new job. I finally got the offer I wanted on Tuesday. I put my notice in on my old job on Wednesday and worked my last day on Thursday.

WOOHOO! Congrats on branching out and making some positive changes you felt led to.

I don't like change but as I see the big 5 0 coming I'm ready to make changes. I'm going to be working for an independent agent staring tomorrow.

Ummm, that's called a midlife crisis. I had one too at the exact same age. ;)

I'm looking forward to learning something new and expanding my skill set.

This. Exactly so much this.

John-Paul is going to go to doesn't have an opening until September so Danielle is watching him a few days a week.

This a great Danielle can fill the gap until a more permanent solution can happen in Sept. YAY for her stepping up!

Congratulations on your new job. Hope you settle in quickly. That's great Danielle has been able to help out with John Paul and you've been able to spend some time with him. What is Danielle going to be studying at college?

I'll try and help out with Flickr. As you say when you have something off pat it can be frustrating to move to a new system. Since you already have the photos uploaded here are hopefully the steps you need to put photos into your trip report.

Click on the photo

To the right of the photo you will see some icons - click on the 3rd one (arrow pointing to right) to share photo

Choose BB code and select size of photo. Mine are medium 532x800. These stay set for later use

Copy and paste BB code directly into your report.

Personally I take out some of the code and only keep the code up to and including the second url bracket e.g. [/url]

Hope that makes sense. Have a go and let me know if you need any more help.

Congrats on the new job! Where is Danielle going to college? (you may have said this but my brain is mush) Going back to work with a new baby is always soooo hard!

Thanks you! I'm enjoying it so far. Danielle is staying home and going to LSU. We're happy to have another Tiger in the house. Michelle is still adjusting.

Congrats on your new job!! I'm sure it's bittersweet, but sounds like it'll be a great new opportunity for you!

Thank you! I think in the end is going to be a real good thing for me.

Congratulations on the new job! I hope your first day in the new workplace went well; it's tough making big changes like that in life but I'm sure it was for the best for you.
And good luck to Danielle as she heads off to college soon. What an exciting time!

The first day was a bit rough. Lots more to learn but I'm getting it. Lucky for Danielle she doesn't have to go far. DH actually works right outside the gates of LSU so he'll be close if she needs something.

Looks more like the evil eye than scared.

:rotfl2:I agree!

I enjoy it from time to time to. Not an every trip thing. And definitely not a "90 degree day in July" thing.

I'm with you on that. We skipped it in May, too hot.

Impressive shade finding skills!

That are just real lazy.

I don't know... if the opening of Pandora was any indication you might want to give it a year or 2 for the craziness to die down there!

Since we hit Pandora on opening day I think we'll wait a bit on hitting Star Wars land.

A lot of intensity in those pictures.

Very intense.

Congratulations on the new job! I hope things are off to a good start!

Thank you! So far so good.

WOOHOO! Congrats on branching out and making some positive changes you felt led to.

I'm felling real good about it.

Ummm, that's called a midlife crisis. I had one too at the exact same age. ;)

I'm thinking I may be making some more changes, maybe not as drastic.

This. Exactly so much this.

YES! I like learning and knowing I'm not too old to learn.

This a great Danielle can fill the gap until a more permanent solution can happen in Sept. YAY for her stepping up!

I'm real proud of her for also expanding her skill set by doing this.

Congratulations on your new job. Hope you settle in quickly. That's great Danielle has been able to help out with John Paul and you've been able to spend some time with him. What is Danielle going to be studying at college?

Thank you! I love getting to see John Paul and get extra kisses. Danielle is going to do the 3 plus 3 program, 3 years of criminal justice and 3 years law school. She also hoping to major in French too since she had one year already in high school. We'll see.

I'll try and help out with Flickr.

Thank you!!!

Hope that makes sense. Have a go and let me know if you need any more help.

It doesn't sound too hard. Hopefully tomorrow night I can give it a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter