So. Many. People.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there last week...didn’t have an issue crowd wise at all.

Sunday - epcot (crowds were manageable even with food and wine)
Monday - epcot (it was a tick more busy than Sunday but not bad at all).

For both days we are talking 45 min soarin and test track. Not horrible. About norm for a low crowd day.

Tuesday - MK for Christmas party. It was empty. Walk on to everything.

Wednesday - MK was busy but not horrible. 30 min pirates kinda day.

Thursday - AK. Not crowded at all. 25 min Everest kinda day.

We had vastly different experiences. Or expectations.

There were CM’s out with the sticks showing guest where the end of the line was for Peoplemover and Laugh Floor. Never seen that before!
Saw that for Peoplemover during Spring/Easter break 2016. We went ahead and got in line and were on the ride in 15 minutes. Ride name checks out...it totally moves people, LOL.

Yikes! I’m glad they have the Christmas decor up before the flood of crowds come in. Some people can only go during these times so I feel bad for them too...eh whatever it takes have fun!

Magic Kingdom was insanity today. I’ve only seen it this crowded on the 4th of July. Thunder Mtn line extended well onto the bridge. 85 minutes for HM? Pirates took a 1/2 hour to get on with a FP. We ended up doing a DVC tour to get the 3 extra fp’s to use another day. We made the best of it because we are AP holders and nothing was an emergency but it wasn’t great. Food lines were outrageous too. Thankful we did MVMCP Friday night and won’t miss anything this trip.

I remember the Thanksgiving crowds when I was a CM - bad way back in 2008. First time I’ve been for the holidays since then - I’m taking a trip next week, after thanksgiving. As long as I manage my expectations, I think I’ll be fine. Just gotta go with the flow.

I remember the Thanksgiving crowds when I was a CM - bad way back in 2008. First time I’ve been for the holidays since then - I’m taking a trip next week, after thanksgiving. As long as I manage my expectations, I think I’ll be fine. Just gotta go with the flow.

Always cool hearing from former cast members that are still fans of the place!

I was there last week through this past Sunday. Although crowds were more noticeable Friday - Sunday, it was NOT packed. Anyone who thinks this has never been to disney when it is actually crowded. We got all three tier one FP at Epcot on Saturday. Give me a break with “crowded”.

Touring Plans reported Saturday (the 11th) ended up being a 10 out of 10 instead of the 8 out of 10 predicted at MK. It definitely was crowded. Felt like when I was there during Christmas week a few years ago.

Magic Kingdom was insanity today. I’ve only seen it this crowded on the 4th of July. Thunder Mtn line extended well onto the bridge. 85 minutes for HM? Pirates took a 1/2 hour to get on with a FP. We ended up doing a DVC tour to get the 3 extra fp’s to use another day. We made the best of it because we are AP holders and nothing was an emergency but it wasn’t great. Food lines were outrageous too. Thankful we did MVMCP Friday night and won’t miss anything this trip.
I don’t get why ppl don’t use fast pass although I’m glad not everyone does b/c otherwise it wouldn’t be as valuable or easy to get. HM has several midday FPs available tomorrow. Why in the world would anyone wait 85 min??! You can still get decent FP even tonight at MK even.

Its always busy now. Disney does not want any slow times any more.

I have said it before and I will say it again: I think the hurricane this past Sept has increased the crowds this fall. So many people canceled and re-booked for Oct, Nov, Dec time frame. I think it is bumping crowds up a bit.

Disney never wanted slow times, but they’ve gotten smarter and figured out ways to drive people to the parks during off-peak times.

I still don’t think it is always crazy bananas busy. September and May still have pretty low crowds. Right after the school year starts and right before it ends - people less likely to pull kids out of school.

Agree with you on the hurricane rebookings. We were there and had to cut our trip short. Many people we talked to who were leaving early planned to come back before the year’s end. We are waiting until May since we did get to do 2 of our 7 days. If we had decided to not even go on the trip at all, we would have rebooked for Oct. or Nov., no question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter