Snorkeling Excursion Nearby

DaisyNY

DIS Veteran
We are thirty + days out and just received notice from Ko’Olina Ocean Adventure snorkeling excursion was canceled due to charter…they offered us an alternative date which doesn’t work or a refund.
Are there any other snorkeling excursions out of Ko Olina? Thoughts? I know there is the Secret Beach and we can bring our own gear…is the snorkeling good there?
Thanks!

If you go a bit farther north to electric beach, there is very good snorkling there. But maybe not so great for total beginners.

If you go a bit farther north to electric beach, there is very good snorkling there. But maybe not so great for total beginners.
Couple folks have died there recently. Definitely a place for caution. The area people go to snorkel is moderately far offshore in a place where currents can be strong, and many visitors are not used to swimming in these ocean conditions. The area is well-known locally for car break-ins, vehicle theft, and property theft, and reports of people having their rental cars stolen with all their belongings inside are very common on sites like Stolen Stuff Hawaii.

Even if Honolulu get a lifeguard out there as planned this fall, because the snorkel area is so far offshore the lifeguard may just make people feel safer when they shouldn't. Electric Beach is definitely for advanced swimmers.

This is the most recent big incident: https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area...oneymoon-in-hawaii-after-snorkeling-accident/

Couple folks have died there recently. Definitely a place for caution. The area people go to snorkel is moderately far offshore in a place where currents can be strong, and many visitors are not used to swimming in these ocean conditions. The area is well-known locally for car break-ins, vehicle theft, and property theft, and reports of people having their rental cars stolen with all their belongings inside are very common on sites like Stolen Stuff Hawaii.

Even if Honolulu get a lifeguard out there as planned this fall, because the snorkel area is so far offshore the lifeguard may just make people feel safer when they shouldn't. Electric Beach is definitely for advanced swimmers.

This is the most recent big incident: https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area...oneymoon-in-hawaii-after-snorkeling-accident/
Yes, we are definitely thinking more of a charter…calmer waters. Any suggestions???

We are thirty + days out and just received notice from Ko’Olina Ocean Adventure snorkeling excursion was canceled due to charter…they offered us an alternative date which doesn’t work or a refund.
Are there any other snorkeling excursions out of Ko Olina? Thoughts? I know there is the Secret Beach and we can bring our own gear…is the snorkeling good there?
Thanks!
The secret beach is supposed to have great snorkeling. Apparently it’s a popular hangout for sea turtles. The only issue is that monk seals like to sleep on the beach, sometimes all day, and when they’re there (often but hardly always), it’s closed.

We did an Ocean Joy snorkel tour a few years ago and it was by far one of the best if not the best, tours we've ever been on.

Thanks for the suggestion…I will look into it? Can we walk to the marina from hotel?
As monsterkitty points out (there is a phrase I never thought I'd type) it's a leisurely walk from Aulani. You walk right along the lagoons and you are there before you know it.

marina walk.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter