Sneaky Halloween visit - Pre-Trip

Ms Poppins

I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk
Sneaky Halloween visit - Pre-trippie

So, we didn't intend to plan a trip at all this year, like most we'd decided to wait until next year for the 25th anniversary. But, I've had serious DLP withdrawals and over the last few weeks we've managed to talk ourselves into a sneaky wee 2 night trip....well, I managed to talk everyone into it ;)

The Cast:
Me - Julie (41)
DH - John (45)
DD - Abbey (19)
DS - Lewis (12)

Here are Abbey and Lewis from our Halloween trip last year:

P1050218.jpg

When:
Tuesday 18 - Thursday 20 October
We are late in booking flights and cost from Glasgow is quite high as it's the school week here so we are flying from Liverpool. I have a credit on my Travelodge account so we are using that to stay overnight before and after the trip.

Where:
For the first time in for ever (are you singing?) we don't actually have a hotel booked yet :scared1: And also for the first time we are getting annual passes instead of booking a hotel package. After weeks of number crunching and the help of the wonderful posters on the Dis, I worked out that I could get Classic passes by post.
I choose Classic because we always stay on site so will benefit from EMH and I get a better discount with Shareholders so could not think of a reason to go for a more expensive pass. The blockout days won't affect us and we will miss the contractual block outs by ordering them via post. We will also benefit from the 20% family discount to get my eldest DS Mark a pass. He won't be on this trip but is coming with us next summer so it made sense to use the postal service. We also get 15% shareholder discount so it's a very cost effective way to own passes.

I spoke to the annual pass helpline and they reluctantly gave me a price for the Hotel New York, but I couldn't book just yet. I posted the forms off today so will wait a week or so and call back to see if I can book. Honestly, I'm actually not too fussed on where we end up, as long as it's on site. I'm just soooo happy to be going back :)

Plans:
'We'll just go with the flow' says I......mmmmm.....maybe not....With only two meals to plan we've already had extensive discussions about this and will most probably eat in Annette's on our first night. We missed this completely last time. I'd also like to try another buffet, maybe Plaza Gardens.

Stuff we want to see/do:
EMH - Main St is my favourite place on earth during EMH :love:
Mickey and the Magician - new show in the Studios
Ratatoullie - fantastic!
Crush - is closed up until our last morning so we might try and squeeze this in
Cafe Fantasia - afternoon tea is so nice in here
Tower of Terror :scared1: Lewis and I are going to try and be brave and give it another go.......

I've got Ezyshuttle booked for the airport transfer, Travelodge booked for UK part of trip and flights booked. So aside from the fact that I don't have a hotel or passes yet I'm pretty organised :laughing:

So happy to be going back and being back here on the Dis :disrocks:

Yay! :woohoo:It wouldn't be Halloween without a visit to DLP for you! We've used AP's before to get a better deal, but usually book a package for one person if there is a good price. Are the AP deals better? I've tried to get a shareholder discount before, but they are usually more than a regular package booked for one person. Hope you get sorted and have a great time. :thumbsup2 I'm trying to hold out till the 25th:littleangel:

Oh, I know, so excited to be going again, love Halloween :bounce:

I'd never really considered the AP route before because we always stay on site with a package. I've seen cheap room only prices on Expedia recently and then heard that some AP holders had got a good discount. I called Disney to get a price with my shareholder card and got a decent price for room only and then asked about the AP. I was quoted £277 for 2 nights at HNY which I thought was ok. To be honest, I'm so delighted to be going at all that I'll stay anywhere on site - and can see some good deals still on Expedia so if the AP rate suddenly changes it's not really a problem.

Good luck holding out until 25th :goodvibes

I renewed my Shareholder membership last week, Wednesday and got an email today to confirm they had my documents and I'll get my new card in a few weeks. Fingers crossed it arrives in time :goodvibes

I sent off for our annual passes last Thursday and have been tracking the post. It was received on Monday so hopefully my card will be charged in the next week or so and then I'll call the AP line to get a hotel booked.

I've got my countdown on my phone and as of today only 40 days to go :cheer2:

Annual pass update - My card was charged on Friday - worked out £397.08 for 5 Classic passes which I think is an absolute bargain :thumbsup2

Fingers crossed they arrive this week and then I can get our hotel booked.

34 days to go :woohoo:

That sounds like a good price :thumbsup2 Are you still hoping for HNY?

Yes, I think so. Thought about SL GF but don't think we'd use the lounge and would rather be a tad closer to the park. I might see what price I can get on DLH although I'd be more than happy to be at HNY again :goodvibes

Wooohoo! Annual passes arrived today, just 2 weeks after I ordered them :cheer2:

So relieved it worked out and so easy to do!

Now to choose the hotel, hope too make a decision and book over the weekend :goodvibes

Shareholder card arrived this week, and is dated for 2021 which seems like a lifetime away :rotfl:

Hotel finally booked :cool1: and no prizes for guessing it's the Hotel New York again :jumping1:

We did consider trying NPB or SL - but proximity to the park was a clincher. We also considered DLH, good discount with AP, but decided to stick with HNY for this trip to have more spends when we're there. The room we have booked is a Standard Terrace - we had this years ago and during summer it was really nice to open the doors. Probably won't do that this time so I might ask if there's something in Midtown when we check in as it's our preferred area.

Also decisions made on meals. First night will be Annette's and we all fancy trying The Steakhouse in the Village for the second night. Abbey wants lunch at Hakuna Matata and DH wants tea at Cafe Fantasia. Last day we'll grab Earl of Sandwich before going back to the airport. And of course we'll try and get the most of breakfast as it might be the last time....:laughing:

And as I was checking the park hours (as I do every day for some reason) they have changed park closing time to 9pm and 7pm in the Studios which will give us some extra time. I'm so happy about that :goodvibes

Need to sort out car parking at airport and then we're all organised.

23 days to go :woohoo:

Called and booked our restaurant for the Wednesday - The Steakhouse in the Village for 6pm. I had swayed with trying to wait until after the park closes to eat so we didn't miss park time, but now that the park is open until 9pm I think we'll definitely need to take some time out to rest and as we are all steak eaters this sounds like the ideal place. Not sure why we haven't thought of it before :confused:

Anyway, off to the shops over the weekend to see if I find some nice Disney socks :laughing: and some decent trainers/walking shoes.

Hoping we won't need the dreaded ponchos but will look them out to pack just in case.

18 days to go :cheer2:

Following along!!

If you don't mind me asking, did you get a good price for HNY? Was it with your Annual Pass discounts or Shareholder discount?

C x

Following along!!

If you don't mind me asking, did you get a good price for HNY? Was it with your Annual Pass discounts or Shareholder discount?

C x

Got a great price I think with AP discount, £288 including room tax.

Car parking sorted today.

New trainers purchased along with Disney socks to keep me happy. :laughing:

Nothing else to do but wait now, can't wait :cool1:

11 days to go :cheer2:

Euros purchased the other day, not a great rate 1.075 :scared1:. Got some cereal bars and actually don't have anything to do now except put our clothes in a case tomorrow :thumbsup2

Weather looks like it might stay dry overall - so that's a bonus.

So excited to be going back :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!