Snacking around the world-tell me your faves

SummerGirl

Mouseketeer
My kids & I want to snack around the world on one of our Epcot days. They are 15, 13, 10, semi-adventurous when it comes to food; I'll try anything once. Share your favorites! Thank you!

Nachos in Mexico, Kakigori in Japan, everyone love schoolbread in Norway, but it's not one of my faves. In France I just love the ham and bechamel croissant and the macaron ice cream sandwich is out of this world.

Mexico- nachos or chips & guac
Norway- I like School Bread but as PP mentioned, it's not for everyone. The troll's horn is also pretty yummy.
China- Joy of Tea booth (we like the curry chicken pockets, but boba tea is also fun!)
Germany- anything from Karamell Kuche
Italy- Gelato
America- American Dream from Fife & Drum
Japan- edamame
Morocco- baklava
France- brioche ice cream sandwich
UK- the only real 'snack' here is fish & chips
Canada- No QS/snack items here (except popcorn) so if you want something 'Canadian' then you can get some maple flavored treats from the gift shop

Those are just my faves/recommendations but there's a lot to choose from! Not to mention if you're there during a festival, there will be the temporary booths.

Last edited:
In France, I love the bacon cheese rolls at the bakery. They're nothing special, but the egg rolls in China always hit the spot, too.

What awesome suggestions! Thank you!! I agree with the PPs as far as the school bread; from my recollection, it was fine, nothing to write home about. I appreciate the mix of both savory & sweet suggestions. I've never had the fish & chips, so I guess I'll need to get one order!

I can't remember the name, but is there a snowcone type item in either Japan or China???? I wondered if my kids would like that. Any other snack must-haves?? :yay:

Mexico - I want to try the guacamole and empanada/corn at Choza de Margarita after seeing this video.
Norway - meatballs
China - egg rolls in a pinch
Germany - pretzel or noodle gratin
Italy - gelato
America - popcorn or pretzel
Japan - kakigori
Morocco - take a seat at Spice Rd Table for some small plates
France - sorbet, crepes, too many to list at Les Halles
U.K. - fish & chips, two people can share one order as a snack/small meal
Refreshment Port - my 3 kids will share an order of nuggets and fries to tide them over. Cheese soup and poutine are on the menu but we haven't tried them. May have to do that this trip! They have the Cronut.

I can't remember the name, but is there a snowcone type item in either Japan or China???? I wondered if my kids would

That’s the kakigori. I’ve never had it but I’ve heard it’s good. If your kids enjoy snow cones then they should like it :)

Mexico - I want to try the guacamole and empanada/corn at Choza de Margarita after seeing this video.
Norway - meatballs
China - egg rolls in a pinch
Germany - pretzel or noodle gratin
Italy - gelato
America - popcorn or pretzel
Japan - kakigori
Morocco - take a seat at Spice Rd Table for some small plates
France - sorbet, crepes, too many to list at Les Halles
U.K. - fish & chips, two people can share one order as a snack/small meal
Refreshment Port - my 3 kids will share an order of nuggets and fries to tide them over. Cheese soup and poutine are on the menu but we haven't tried them. May have to do that this trip! They have the Cronut.

Ok, seriously that looks so good!! I love Mexican food. Where I live it's really Tex Mex, but I love it all the same. Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions! We do have reservations for Spice Road Table on another evening, very excited to try it. Apparently I live under a rock because I've never tried a cronut, & it seriously combines 2 of my very favorite things.....totally need to try it this trip!

Gelato sandwiches outside Italy. You pick your flavor and it is placed between two huge chocolate chip cookies. My absolute favorite.

[QUOTE="alex9179, post: 58715048, member: 295919"{
Refreshment Port - my 3 kids will share an order of nuggets and fries to tide them over. Cheese soup and poutine are on the menu but we haven't tried them. May have to do that this trip! They have the Cronut.[/QUOTE]
I totally forgot that they added the poutine and cheddar soup to Refreshment Port! There’s your Canadian treat :) the cheddar soup is good but they go a little heavy on the pepper.

[QUOTE="alex9179, post: 58715048, member: 295919"{
I totally forgot that they added the poutine and cheddar soup to Refreshment Port! There’s your Canadian treat :) the cheddar soup is good but they go a little heavy on the pepper.[/QUOTE]

Awesome!! I'm getting so excited, too bad it's still 4.5 months away.

Love the ice cream macaroon sandwich in France. I eat as many as I can when at WDW. Les Halles is pretty amazing too. Karmell Kuche is great in Germany, but so are beer and pretzels. The fish and chips in Britain are great!

Also, if you want to take a break and sit in the shade or air conditioning, stop at Spice Road Table in Morocco. They usually have walk up availability and their appetizers are tasty, as is the chocolate pyramid cake.

Yet another vote for the kakigori in Japan.
Fantastic!! We will definitely put it on the list! Thank you.

Love the ice cream macaroon sandwich in France. I eat as many as I can when at WDW. Les Halles is pretty amazing too. Karmell Kuche is great in Germany, but so are beer and pretzels. The fish and chips in Britain are great!
I'm not a huge macaroon fan, even though my kids are; however, anything sandwiched with ice cream is a winner for me. Any flavor that you love the best?

Great suggestions! Thank you!

I'm not a huge macaroon fan, even though my kids are; however, anything sandwiched with ice cream is a winner for me. Any flavor that you love the best?

I love the chocolate macaroon with chocolate ice cream. They also have a brioche ice cream sandwich that is pretty good and an ice cream martini that is one of the best pours in WS. The martini is two scoops ice cream with one shot (mine was more like two) of your choice of liquor of Grand Marnier, Whipped Cream Vodka, or Rum.

Also, Italy has gelato ice cream sandwiches made with chocolate chip cookies. Those are pretty darn good too.

I love the chocolate macaroon with chocolate ice cream. They also have a brioche ice cream sandwich that is pretty good and an ice cream martini that is one of the best pours in WS. The martini is two scoops ice cream with one shot (mine was more like two) of your choice of liquor of Grand Marnier, Whipped Cream Vodka, or Rum.

Also, Italy has gelato ice cream sandwiches made with chocolate chip cookies. Those are pretty darn good too.

Guess we will need to get 1 chocolate. Do they have mint chocolate chip ice cream?? It's my favorite.

Now that sounds pretty tasty!!

School Bread! DD15 likes the ice cream in France (they have tasty treats in their bakery, too). Caramel goodness in Germany (never had anything there that wasn't amazing).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!