Smash Book 3 Ring Binder?

Luv0fDisney

DIS Veteran
So my best friend got me the 3 Ring Binder from KC Smash Company. But curious how do people use it? hehehe. i'm kind of at a loss for how to use it, but perhaps seeing people's books/binders will help me.

If you go to pinterest and search smash book, you will find a lot of ideas.

The concept of a smash book is exactly that, you tape, glue and smash things into the book, much like the way a scrapbook used to be done.

I know what smashing is, i have 4-5 regular smash books, but my question was regarding the 3 Ring Binder. I have no idea what to do with it or how to use. I have only used the regular books that come with the pages inside.

i have checked pinterest already :surfweb: and nothing really pops up for the kc smash company binder.

Let me make sure I'm understanding - you just have the binder, no page protectors or filler pages?

I didn't think K&Co made any empty smashbooks/3-ring binders, so I'm not sure if I'm picturing the right thing...

I did buy one of the Simple Stories/Sn@p smashbook binders a while back, as a little travel journal for my young son. For that one, I bought a pack or two of 6x8" page protectors (which were split into pockets). There were also 6x8" pages and folders and stuff that fit on the rings. You might be able to pick up a pack or two of those things at a nearby craft store (I think our nearby Michaels had tons of this stuff), and see if it fits inside your binder? I liked filling ours with a mix of page protectors and non-protected folders/pages, in different sizes and shapes - I like the unexpected nature of the different pages. :)

You could also cut down your own chipboard/cardstock/patterned paper to make your own pages, and simply punch holes along the side that align with the rings.

Does that help?

My daughter made one recently of her senior year. And it is just like our oldtime scrapbooks from highschool. Just put your photos down add a few words hear and there and you are done. Hers actually turned out quite nice as she used the included washi tape and tags and added a few buttons and stickers from my stash. Pretty quick and easy for getting an event done. I don't think there are any page protectors at all for smash books.

I have also seen pages like the ones shown, but regular scrapbook size, in Walmart I believe it was. May have been Hobby Lobby, as I've been looking there recently, but I'm pretty sure I've also seen them in Walmart by the scrapbooking supplies. They're divided into different sized pockets, instead of one large page protector. I used to have pocket pages like this for photo albums in binders, instead of plain old photo albums, and I liked them a lot. Often used the pockets for things other than photos. That must have been 20 years ago. I guess I was ahead of my time! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter