• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Since sharing is at issue here, I was wondering...

disney-super-mom

DIS Veteran
...if you can share a meal with you little one if you are PAYING CASH? (We would not be on the DDP)

If DH and I were to both order a meal (one for each of us) at, let's say Whispering Canyon, and paid with cash or credit card, could we share our food with our young children?

Our 2 boys are such small eaters, that ordering a seperate meal for them, even if it's a kids meal, is a waste of food and money. We've never had a problem doing this at our local restaurants (they usually even bring us extra little plates for our kids to use), but we've never been to WDW, so we're not sure if it's allowed at the resorts and parks. :confused3

Provided you're not buying an all you can eat offering (and Whispering Canyon has 'em), I think you'd be fine. They MIGHT charge you a plate fee for the kids...not sure.

At a non-buffet or non-family style restaurant I would think so. At a buffet or family style restaurant they would be charged.

I think we could count the number of times someone has posted about being assessed a sharing fee at WDW on one hand. It must be extremely rare, and I bet it was always applied when two adults were sharing something.

I honestly don't think there is an issue here. I don't even think anyone has "confirmed" that they were not allowed to share. If I'm wrong, let me know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter