Silly Hopper Ticket ?

NJFabFour

<font color=CC0066><b>WL Vet</b>
This sounds like a dumb question, but I'm confused. With small children (5 year olds), we do not plan to spend a full day at the parks. We may return to the parks in the evening, but my question is this: If we only use the pass for the a.m. and do not return that day, is one full day used? I'm guessing they do not break them down into half days or anything like that? In other words, is one day of the hopper pass used up whether you use a couple of hours or a full day's worth? Thanks for any input! :confused: :confused: :confused:

If you enter a park, even if it is for 5 minutes, it counts as a day on your Hopper Pass. :)

Back in 1998 my Inlaws went to the Hoop De Do show in
Fort Wilderness. We told them to take the boat and wait
for us in front of the Magic Kingdom. We emphasized that they
wait for us in front and not to go into the park. My Inlaws got ancy. My mother-inlaw waited inside the Magic Kingdom gates while my Father-Inlaw took a ride on the train. They then went back out and met us infront. To this day we still kid my
Father-Inlaw that he took an $80 train ride.

I'm afraid so.

Whether you're in a park for ten minutes or ten hours, it still counts as a day.

I suppose this is where scheduling could come in useful.

Thinking about it though, I don't think that the system could be changed to allocate this.
It would become too confusing when you have folks coming up to the gates, saying that they

" ........Only spent x amount of time in the park, yesterday, therefore, they still have x amount of time to use up for the day......."

See, it's complicated already !!! (LOL)

Carene

Just to keep things clear...
If you use your park hopper ticket for entry into the park, that day is counted, however you can come and go as often as you like each day. The turnstiles all know what day it is, and they're all on the same calendar (people get worried when re-entering that they'll "lose another day... no need to worry.)

I know Annual Passes are expensive but you might think about it if you go every year for 4 days or longer. It only takes 8 days of use to break even, and if you can go a week earlier next year, you can use one AP for two years. They provide other benefits such as excellent onsite room rates, some meal discounts etc.

They're not for everybody, but if you have APs you won't worry so much about "wasting a day".

i think if your staying onsite you can get a shopping pass for an hour or so, not sure how it works just something i read on here.

was the shopping pass discontinued because they didnt need to have it anymore when the wide world of disney merchandise store opened at DTD????

carene

Thanks Everybody! I'll definately be prepared to get more effective use of our passes now! It is too bad that they can't break it up so one day could be spread out more, but I realize that could get a little confusing! Appreciate all the input! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter