signing t-shirts

J

jldriscoll

I can't remember which board I saw this on, but someone suggested having characters sign hats or t-shirts instead of autograph books.

My questions is how hard is it for the characters to sign the shirts? Do you have to put something under it to make it stiff? Not sure I want to carry 2 pieces a cardboard around with me all day :rolleyes:

Any tips?

Well, you could put it on ;)
And then take it off again. That way it would be easy for them to sign.

My DD had her hat signed. She thought that was cool.

good idea. Would it work with short people?:)

Now that I think of it, that is the obvious answer....

If you have a shirt signed, you can't be wearing it (according to a CM at MGM). Our waiter at H&V had suggested that DSs have Buzz and Woody "sign" their Toy Story t-shirts that they were wearing. The CM with Buzz and Woody said we couldn't do that unless DSs had other shirts to wear.

My girls wouldn't like the feel of someone writing on them anyway.

Wonder how people do it then?

For the last two years my DD has used a Disney shirt with the year on it. We carry an embroidery ring and move it around the shirt for each character to sign. It works great and more then a few of the characters and their CM helpers have been very impressed as the embroidery ring holds just enough of the shirt tightly for them to sign. We use fine point fabric markers for the autograph.

That's a really cute idea! But I would probably end up being to lazy to carry an extra shirt around! :rolleyes:

GREAT IDEA!!!!

Thanks! I was hoping to make this t-shirt idea work. My girls are just starting to grow out of some of our very first vacation souvenier t-shirts and I decided to save them and make quilts out of them as the years go on.

Having a signed one on them will look great!

Not to mention it will be neat for them to wear to school when they get back!

BTY, WhitneyThePooh, I'm not big on carrying stuff either! I figure on taking it to CM's for dinner and CRT for breakfast. That should do it for all our favs! Then the girls can do autograph books the rest of the trip if they want.

We did this on our last visit. We also used the embroidery hoop. Just make sure you purchase fabric markers so the ink will not bleed. We have it hanging in our daughter's room. It is really cute! I got the idea from someone else on this board. So whoever a big THANKS!

On our last trip I saw someone having something really cool signed.....and I said to DH "we have to remember that!" But as I sit here and type this, I am not 100% sure.....but I believe it was a matte for a picture frame??!!?? I think it might have been one that was for a collage type frame and then they got the pictures taken with the character. Boy I sure feel like a dope posting this not being totally sure!!

Yes, I do think that was it because they had it in a plastic bag. Ok, I am feeling better now :p

Originally posted by Meriweather
Well, you could put it on ;)
And then take it off again. That way it would be easy for them to sign.

WDW characters aren't allowed to meet guests not wearing shirts.. sorry.

Oh....hahaha....
What I meant ;) is you would of course be wearing your regular clothes (don't think you would want to wear the same shirt every day)....and just put the "signing shirt" on long enough to get it signed (over your other shirt...duh) and then take it off again and continue carrying it around.
Just an idea....I've never had a shirt signed. My DD had her hat signed many years ago and she still has it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter