Shrimp was on sale today. Need cooking info and recipes!

I do a Cajun shrimp and rice recipe. Peel and rinse shrimp melt 1 stick of butter for each pound of shrimp add Cajun seasoning to the butter as you melt it, then mix shrimp into the butter and cook till done. After shrimp are done cooking add the shrimp and butter mixture to rice.

one thing you find out is shrimp stink really fast - take your trash out and wash your dishes before bed after having shrimp)

Or if you have neighbors that you do not like, dump the shrimp peels in a compost bin near their house. :rotfl2: Just kidding, although someone did that to one of my co-workers when we lived in Louisiana. I miss Louisiana and the shrimp trucks that would drive by (like an ice cream truck) and load your freezer with fresh caught shrimp. I wonder if they still do that.

Back on topic, I love shrimp tacos. There are many recipes out there, but here is a good one to try. We have to leave out the jalapeño, it kicks me into an asthma attack but we do substitute with red pepper or cayenne pepper, both of which do not create breathing issues for me.

https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/grilled-shrimp-tacos-with-avocado-salsa.html

I am definitely going to try the sticky honey shrimp! Do you cook the sauce separately (longer) than the shrimp like some of the comments suggested?

yes otherwise it doesnt get sticky enough. I cook it with the shrimp, remove shrimp, cook longer, then add shrimp back in.

This goes great with the YakiSoba noodles from Costco!! :)

I like to marinate raw peeled shrimp in olive oil and garlic. Then sauté some mushrooms, onions and peppers in a large pan with paprika and salt/pepper. Remove veggies and brown some jasmine rice in butter. After 2-3 minuets add water (according to rice directions). Add shrimp and veggies when there is about 8 minutes left on the rice. Grate fresh ginger over the dish

So my local grocery store had shrimp on sale today, B1G2 free (easy peel raw shrimp, 21-30 count per bag). These are frozen shrimp. Please help me figure out how to use them! I plan on boiling them to cook them (I don't have a steamer basket). In the past I've just boiled them a few mins, until pink. Is there a better method for cooking them? We love shrimp, but don't get them often since they are so expensive (in our area at least).

Also, if anyone has any quick, easy, and budget friendly recipes, please share!

We make shrimp foil packets. Frozen shrimp just like you have, halved baby red potatoes, chicken sausage, frozen corn on the cob. Pour your favorite beer over the pile for steaming. Sprinkle with Old Bay. Wrap the packet up tight and grill for 40 minutes. Yum yum!

We love shrimp. I always thaw by placing in a colander so they don't get soggy when they thaw. Peel. If I'm in a hurry I run cold water over them in the colander. We love to broil them. We put them on a cookie sheet and brush with butter and salt and pepper. Just a couple minutes in the oven. You can also do bake for a few extra minutes. Same prep but throw on the grill on a skewer is awesome too. If I boil, its with Old Bay seasoning. Throw in some potatoes, corn and sausage for low country boil. Prep the same and stir fry in a bit of butter. Add to fried rice or any pasta dish. Shrimp is great leftover and served cold but does not reheat well.

I like to marinate raw peeled shrimp in olive oil and garlic. Then sauté some mushrooms, onions and peppers in a large pan with paprika and salt/pepper. Remove veggies and brown some jasmine rice in butter. After 2-3 minuets add water (according to rice directions). Add shrimp and veggies when there is about 8 minutes left on the rice. Grate fresh ginger over the dish

That sounds delicious.... I’m shamelessly leveraging that dish! (Sounds better than stealing)

I like to make gumbo with shrimp. You can use any recipe you like, but my tip (from Alton Brown) is to make your roux in the oven instead of on the stove. 350 degrees and just carefully take it out and stir it every half hour or so. It always takes me longer than his recipe, but in about two hours, the roux is done, with no constant stirring. It's that or 30+ minutes of undivided attention on the stove-- I prefer the low attention method.

Shrimp and grits! Cook up a bunch of chopped bacon, add some garlic and onion and butter, then add your peeled shrimp. Serve over some really cheesy grits and top with cheese. Easy and SO good.

Shrimp and grits! Cook up a bunch of chopped bacon, add some garlic and onion and butter, then add your peeled shrimp. Serve over some really cheesy grits and top with cheese. Easy and SO good.

This sounds delicious!

I love Emeril Lagasse's recipe for sweet and sour shrimp on Food Network's website. It is easy to make and tastes great. I add extra veggies to make it healthier than a sweet and sour dish in a restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!