Showing off my plus-size shirts!

PinnieMouse

Earning My Ears
I hope no one minds :) These aren't very DIY...more like semi-homemade...

I was frustrated by the lack of plus size Disney shirts, or at least ones that I liked...so I "made" my own:

Here are a couple rhinestone iron on transfers (from different Etsy shops) that I applied to Croft & Barrow crew neck classic tees from Kohls:

These two shirts were actually Disney sleepshirts from Walmart that I hemmed to be regular shirt length. I love them and the lacy Mickey on the back! And they were something like $11 each!

I have one shirt from disneystore.com (I hate that they don't sell the plus sizes in Disney Stores!) but I think I'm in love with doing the iron on transfers. I'm already planning shirts for all the holidays! :)

So cute! Boy... I would stink at making stuff like you've done! I think I'm sewing-impaired. :(

I see that this is a "zombie thread", but I just wanted to chime in that the shirts look GREAT! I especially love the idea of hemming the sleep shirts. Those are always a weight and flowy fit that I like (just long) - especially in FL heat. And the lace Mickey is a really nice touch!

I'm kinda late getting into this thread but I really like your shirts. That was very smart taking the sleep shirt and making a tank out of it. I would love to see more idea's on making the plus size shirts.

I do agree with you, there are not a lot of cute things for the plus size girls. I'm going to try my hand at the transfers also!! Thanks for the idea

Your shirts look so good! Like you, I am so frustrated at the lack of plus size shirts for women. I will be at WDW in October, and am allready searching Pinterest for ideas on DIY ones. I have done transfers in the past, but they never seem to work out right. Is there a certain kind of transfer paper that you use that works better than some of the others???

Thanks!:)

Your shirts look so good! Like you, I am so frustrated at the lack of plus size shirts for women. I will be at WDW in October, and am allready searching Pinterest for ideas on DIY ones. I have done transfers in the past, but they never seem to work out right. Is there a certain kind of transfer paper that you use that works better than some of the others???

Thanks!:)

Me too (frustrated with size availability). I also don't care for their really thin fabric ladies shirts. OP has done a great job creating her shirts. I would also be interested in learning about the transfer paper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter