Should I try to change my ressie

MikeScott8

SSR-Poly DVC Member
OK here is the deal:

I got a DVC special offer for VB that I will be using in Jan. My girlfriend, when she asked for the week off her boss mentioned she is a DVC member. Her boss mentioned that they have the "tours" at all the resorts. Since my girlfriend and I will be visiting WDW several of the days (driving from VB three of the four days) I am wondering if I should try getting this deal at one of the other DVC resorts to save on the driving time?

here is our planned itenirary

Monday get up from my mothers in Zephyrhills (an Hour) and go to WDW and then after dinner make the drive and check in @ VB
Tuesday make the drive up from VB for the day
Wednesday have the Tour at 9 and then drive up for the afternoon at one of the parks and a night out at PI
Thursday sleep in after night out and go to port canaveral and cape canaveral
Friday Check out make the drive to WDW and then back to Z'Hills to mothers

I would rather be at BWV or OKW or even VWL, but the offer was great at VB ($99/night for three and fourth free).

Any ideas?

Thanks for the wisdom on these boards!!

Mike

Unless something has changed, the special offers have only applied at Vero Beach an Hilton Head in an effort to promote and sell the off-site DVC resorts. However, CRO has had some good deals on the DVC resorts independent of these types of promotions.

Boy am I tired reading your plans. Do you plan on spending any time at VB? It's a beautiful resort and you may enjoy relaxing a just a little. The price is great, but what it costs in gas and the time travelling it may be better to try for a better rate at WDW!!

Either way, enjoy....................

Well I will be an even more happy camper as I am decideing to skip the Vero Beach deal and am in the process of renting points for the four nights at OKW.

So now I can replan my intenary some. and can actually relax without having to do a lot of driving, I will be doing enough driving down from NY :)

I have a question about the "tour" I was supposed to be taking at VB, but I will start a new thread later about that. Keep an eye out for it ;)

Mike

Boy, am I glad you switched your plans!! Gosh, I was also very tired reading your itinerary!!!

Have a good time, you'll love it!!!

Vero is only about 1 hour and 15 minute easy highway drive from
WDW. You might want to consider the tour anyway if this is your only day to do any driving. Take the tour and relax a little on the beach. Try the Green Cabin room that looks out on the ocean for a snack or drink. However - don't consider buying at Vero if Walt Disney World is where you really plan to spend your vacations. I own at Old Key West and have booked Vero at the 7 month window, and next year I am going to Hilton Head - but I want to save my 11 month privilege to book for OKW because we will probably use that more often in the long run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter