Should I move my reservation?

queenofhearts

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I'm planning a vacation with my boyfriend to Disneyworld. We've booked the Disney Discovery Magic Package for November 3-November 8 at the AKL. Here's my concern:

This will be my boyfriend's first trip to Disneyworld and my second trip. Of course, I want his first trip to be extra special and very magical!! I don't want too many attractions to be closed-down for maintenance, and I'm also worried about parks closing very early. I've also heard that, sometimes, Disney will cancel fireworks and/or shows (like Fantasmic) during the value season. Do you think that I'll need to worry about this? Should I change my reservation for some time in October?

Thank you in advance for your opinions. This is my second-ever post to the Disboards, and I'm enjoying reading all of these great threads!!! :)

I wouldn't change my plans. No matter what you do attractions may be closed for maintenance. If you wait until the 'perfect' time it will never come. There is magic on every corner, if something is closed or cancelled you say "Guess we'll have to come back!!" :D
PS We're going back because 50's Prime Time Cafe was closed for rehab on our trip. :D

I wouldn't change my reserv if I were you. To be able to go at that time would be perfect even if a couple of attractions will be closed. The weather is not hot and humid and the crowds are hardly existent.

Disnee Dad Says.....................................I wouldn't change your plans, and coming from a real disney freak, here's a little advice. Hope something goes wrong, or you don't get to see something!!
Our first trip in 1997 was to see test track, to open in the Spring of 97. In October when we went it was still not open!! Damn it, we just had to go back because we missed THE RIDE! Once you have gone twice, the addiction starts to set in! On our second trip we missed the Osbourne Lights, because we didn't have AP's to go to the special viewing before Thanksgiving. Damn it, we had to go back and get AP's so we could see it!! It was fantastic, but when we got home we realized we had these annual passes that expired on November 10, 2002. Damn it, we had to go back before they expired because they were "free tickets", so off we go Nov.2 to Nov.10, 2002, to use the tickets as they expire in our hands. And I'm telling you right now, something will go wrong with this trip. I guarantee it!!!

I agree with the rest. Don't change your plans. You will enjoy the less crowded time of year. I am going around the same time and it's my boyfriends first trip since he was a kid. I picked this time just for that reason, don't want to overwhelm him too much.

Fantasmic and fireworks don't get cancelled in the offseason...there is generally only one show each night though
There may be some attractions closed but the MAJOR overhauls generally take place after New Years

MK generally will only have fireworks on Sat night in the offseason. As a result, MK is normally very crowded on Sat. I don't find the fireworks worth the crowds so I avoid MK on Saturdays!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter