Should I book through Sovereign World Vacations?

disneycrazy01

Mouseketeer
I've been planning a 2-week vacation in July at Bonnet Creek. At first the vacation was for 2 adults and 2 kids. I'm a first time renter. I joined Redweek and Tug. I also looked at My Resort Network. I also asked for quotes from VS and VU. I ended up finding an owner on Redweek. I was planning on renting a one-brdroom since it was only for 4.

Then everything changed and my mother and my aunt wanted to join us. It will be our first ever family vacation. Now I definitely needed a 2-bedroom. I put a "Wish Ad" on Tug thinking it might be a little easier. I ended up getting a few quotes, but one quote from a Robert Lennon stood out. $800 a week for a 2-bedroom and he could get the dates I wanted. I was kind of nervous about it since his price was lower than everyone else. I ended up deciding to go for it. I was supposed to send a deposit of $800 and then the other $800 approximately 3 weeks before we go.

He put the reservations in and sent me a copy. The reservation does have his name on it as owner, but my name is on it as guest. I called Wyndham and I was able to confirm the reservation. He sent me a renter's contract which I have to mail back to him. The only thing that got me really nervous was that it has a no refund clause. I know an owner has to protect themselves too, but what if I had to cancel a day after I sent him the 1-week's deposit by PayPal?

I kept getting emails with quotes from Tug and Redweek. There was one person from Redweek that was higher in price, but she sent me several emails giving me advice about renting. I guess I trusted her because of that reason. In one of her emails she asked for my phone number and I thought maybe she would call me about renting from her. She did call twice, but I wasn't home.

Then I ended up getting an email from her and all of a sudden she mentions a friend of hers and that this friend owns Sovereign World Vacations based in Davenport, Florida and that I should give her a call and she would make sure that I wouldn't have to switch rooms during my stay since my 2 weeks started and ended on Tuesday. She also told me that the person from Sovereign would match the price.

I didn't get in touch with the person at Sovereign World Vacations. I thought it was strange that an owner that gave me a quote on renting from her all of a sudden is recommending that I call her friend who owns a company.

One evening I get a phone call from the woman from Sovereign World Vacations and she explains to me that the other woman is a broker and that she was able to get the dates I wanted and she would charge me $675.00 per week for a 2-bedroom at Bonnet Creek. She asked if I sent the money to the other owner and I told her I had sent te deposit of one week to him. She tried to convince me to cancel with him or go one week with him and I could rent the other week from her.

In a way it doesn't right. It sounds kind of fishy. I did some searching and I can't find anything on this company. When I google it, a website does come up, but that is it. She hasn't called me again, and that was about a week and a half ago.

Has anyone heard of Sovereign World Vacations? Has anyone booked from them?

Thanks for any info.

Hi. I know this post is really old, but I was wondering if you ended up successfully using this company. I am looking in to using them for next month. Please let me know. Thank you.

No, I didn't book with Sovereign World Vacations. It just didn't feel right. It could be I missed out on a good thing, but I wasn't going to chance it. I stayed with Robert Lennon and I booked again with him last year (Summer 2014) for 3 weeks at Cypress Pointe Resort and again at Bonnet Creek for this July. I'm very comfortable booking with him. Have you done any research on Sovereign? I haven't searched for info on it again since I have an owner that I book with and I'm very comfortable booking through him.

I just did a search on Sovereign and I saw two very bad reviews on Tripadvisor from March 2015. There was one review that said that they booked with Sovereign 3 times and it was good.

If you decide to book with Sovereign please post here again.

Last edited:
I want you to know that you should RUN from this company (Sovereign World)!!!! They take your money up front, then send you the contract. I was expecting the normal contract, but as I was reading, I noticed some strange verbiage that made my husband and I very uncomfortable. Basically, you give them your money, then the contract states that if you arrive and they do not have the accommodations that you booked that you will be given something else. They give an example...If you rented a two bedroom condominium, and one is unavailable upon your arrival, you might be given two one bedroom condos instead. It also states that you should call and check on your reservation 24-48 hours prior to your arrival, because sometimes reservations get lost. It's also in writing that if this occurs, you get no money back! I'm not kidding! This is in their contract. I called the company back to ask about those statements before I signed the contract. I gave a short synopsis of why I was calling to the person who answered. He gave the phone to Lisa, one of the owners. I never really got to tell her why I was calling, apparently the other guy had told her it was about the contract. She proceeded to yell at me about how wonderful they were and that if I wanted to cancel that it would be okay with her, because she was keeping my money. She had it recorded that I had given my permission to charge my card with a non-refundable charge. Now mind you, I NEVER mentioned canceling! She did! I kept trying to ask questions, but she kept talking over me. Once I talked over her, and she said, "Oh you don't want me talking over you, but you're going to talk over me!" I responded, "You won't let me finish a sentence!" Her reply, "I'm the owner!" Finally, I did ask her, "So, if I sign your contract, you're going to give me a reservation number, so I can call the resort to verify my reservation now? I don't want to wait until 24-48 hours prior to my trip." She laughed and asked me if I was crazy. She said that she would not make my reservation until at least 6 weeks prior to my arrival, otherwise it would cost the owner waaaaay too many points! I made my reservation four months in advance. I guess I found out why they have to put such verbiage in their contract, they wait until the resort is full to put in the reservations for those who paid in advance! I did not sign the contract. It ended up in an extremely long battle with my credit card company, who also contacted this company and the company would not even give them the name of the person speaking. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts