"Short" sales in Celebration

I have not had any construction issues at my condo,actually its only 9 yrs old,and looked as if it had never been lived in....Just need to upgrade some of the standards taht originally came with it,such as Formica countertops and such,but that will all come with time

A lot of the construction issues were with the town homes near the grade school (roofs) and the estate homes on the water (Eastlawn.) They had water damage/were sinking from being built on fill land.

We loved a lot of things about Celebration but the turnovers of the businesses scare me. The AMC theater just closed. So did Angelina's the Italian restaurant in Water Tower Place. The French restaurant moved out of there too. There were new owners/businesses all the time both downtown and at WTP. The management (2 different NY companies) was awful.

The loss of the theatre hurts, I will admit, but the longevity of the restaurants in general downtown is exemplery (Columbia, D'Antonio, Seito, Town Tavern, Upper Crust, the Bohemium, The Cafe). Plus the Imperium, Thai Thani, Kilwins, The Irish restaurant, can't think of the name, Starbucks are doing real well.

As for Water Tower plaza, we miss the grocery store too but so what? It's barely Celebration out there anyway. It's way more affected by 192 traffic than Celebration.

Commercially things are much better in Celebration that I ever would have expected in this economy.

The future for the town is great and anyone looking for a quiet, well kept, self contained little community would be very happy here, IMO. The prices are UNBELIEVABLE right now and I don't think that will remain forever.

We love living in Celebration although it is part time for now. We bought a forclosure last Nov and could not be happier here. It is a great place to live with a great community. For anyone thinking of buying, now is the time. There are many deals in Celebration right now.

Wen have been in celebration since May and could never be happier. The town is so family oriented and being only 5 miles from Disney can't be beat. The schools are good and even thought the Water Tower area is practically empty (it is more for 192 traffic then anything else) there is always something going on downtown for us to do. You can practically walk from one end of town to the other on the walking paths and never be near the main road. The homes we have been watching are dropping in price by the month and there are alot of great deals available.

Yes,the theatre closing did bother me but I dont think it was being run well...They seemed to show only Disney movies and was thought of as a training site for the AMC in DTD...There are rumours that an Enzian type theatre which could serve beer and wine as well as food could move in....I think that would be an awesome idea

We are also interested in Celebration. Anyone, have a good realtor down there??

We are also interested in Celebration. Anyone, have a good realtor down there??

Our realtor was so helpful when we bought our condo on 05 and then again last year when we bought our house. She would email us info about foreclosures and deals coming up in Celebration. She has a lot of inside information. With so many realtors in town to pick from we were very lucky to come across her. Just tell her Debby from Golfpark Dr. sent you. Her name is Marge Hooper 407-748-8800.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter