Pay for extra luggage or ship to resort

• Pay for extra luggage

Votes: 36 92.3%
  • Ship to resort

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

jessie31383

Mouseketeer
We are staying at AKL Kidani the week of July 4th. We are a family of 4 but only paid for 2 bags to be checked. My original plan was to ship everything else, but I am nervous that box may not be Aviña le as soon as we get there or that it may get lost. Would you pay for extra luggage with the airline or go ahead and ship to resort?

How much will it be to ship something? Cheaper than checking another bag? I would not rely on shipping -- You don't really know what will happen, although you can say the same things about airlines. Have every person bring a "personal item" backpack that fits under the seat with extras you need. Good thing with it being summer you don't need bulky warm clothes, pants, or coats at all!

i would never ship -- most non-priority or overnight boxes there's no guarantee as to when they will get delivered (of course not taking into account if god forbid damaged or lost). I like to travel with my belongings....all of them.

No way would I ship it. Heck, bell services once couldn't find my luggage when it was right there in the bell services storage room and once lost an Amazon Prime order, which was, once again, simply sitting in the bell services room. I try to keep headaches to a minimum when we travel. There is zero guarantee you will get your shipped luggage.

Checking almost is always going to be cheaper than shipping.
That's what I think too. I shipped a small package to my brother out of town and it cost around $12. It was a single item. A whole box of things will certainly be over $50 or however much another bag is?

It's certainly easy enough to go to fedex or UPS web sites and do an estimate. I checked the shipping services specifically for luggage and they are almost always more expensive than these 2 and checking the bag.

We are staying at AKL Kidani the week of July 4th. We are a family of 4 but only paid for 2 bags to be checked. My original plan was to ship everything else, but I am nervous that box may not be Aviña le as soon as we get there or that it may get lost. Would you pay for extra luggage with the airline or go ahead and ship to resort?
Neither. I would pack as light as I could, filling carry on luggage with as much in the way of clothing and extra shoes as possible. Then I would either Uber/Lift to the local Walmart or place an Instacart order for Publix to get everything from toothpaste and sunscreen to juice boxes and breakfast foods.

Can each person in your party bring a carry on that includes everything else they need? You also have the option of doing laundry while you are there. I don't know about AKL but it was so easy to do laundry at POR while we used the quiet pool.

Dont forget everyone is able to bring a carry on and a personal item ont eh plane. So check 2 bags have each person have a backpack and a carryon. That would be more than enough. They have carts to help carry things around at the air port.

suck it up and pay for the bag fees, or fly an airline without them. But shipping to the resort is just wayyyyyyyyyyy to much hassle to deal with on a vacation.

I can't even tell you how many times I've seen a family literally come to the airport with boxes (and I don't mean over 10 boxes) check-in at the airport counter. Maybe its cheaper than hiring a moving company.

I definitely would not ship it and would pay for the extra bags. As mentioned, you try to fit the rest in carry on bags. Sometimes we pack our things in the Ziploc space bags that let the air out, which does free up a lot of room.

My group of 4 this coming trip 3 adults 1 child. We each are using hard case carry on and 1 backpack each for 6 days. If you need more items I feel like you need to tone it down.

I always order items from gardengrocer, or as the above poster suggested, get a uber to Publix.

So much easier than packing all of that stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!