"She's Looking for a Boyfriend!"- Whispering Canyon 2011

Jazzabelle508

DIS Veteran
So in January, My Mom and I went 2 the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and one of the places we went 2 was the Whispering Canyon Cafe at Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort. Since we happened to be going there the day of the full marathon we had to leave a lot of time for traveling there from Pop Century. We decided to change our reservation time from 8:45 to 9:30. the day before this we had breakfast reservations at the Grand Floridian and had an impossible time trying to get there due 2 the marathon (since we were traveling by car). So needless to say we were very nervous about how the ride 2 Wilderness Lodge was going to turn out. Surprisingly enough we had a very easy time getting there and had a 1/2 hour to spare. we decided to check out our favorite little reading nook and sit in the lobby untill our name was called. When our timer went off we went and sat down. with in moments of that our server came up to us and took our drink orders. For those of you who know this restraunt at all you know that they can get a little wild at times (more so at dinner than at breakfast but still). I thought maybe we had gotten lucky and our server wasn't crazy at first. Another thing you should know beforehand was that I was celebrating my high school graduation that trip and was hoping they wouldn't make it a huge scene. Nothing of signifigance happened untill right before we got our meal. the people behind us got put in "jail" for not finishing their food or something like that. (jail was a couple of pieces of cardboard that were glued together). It was at that point I realized that we had a wild server. When our food came my server kept putting more and more food on my plate untill eventually I had a huge pile of potatoes on my plate. During this whole time my mom was laughing at me which I was not happy about. Then once I became full our server decided to do the airplane with 2 or 3 fork fulls of potatoes. Here's the picture here:

P1060450.jpg

Then after that she was asking me some questions (congratulating me on my graduation) and some how my love life came up. I don't currently have a boyfriend and made the mistake of telling the server that. She decided to go around the restraunt and "get me a boyfriend" She literally walked around the whole restraunt asking certin (single) boys if they wanted to be my boyfriend. Of course they all said no (I don't blame them, it's embarassing to get called out and of course you want to lay low) then our sever disappears for a little bit after admitting defeat (my mom is STILL laughing her butt off btw). She comes back with something that resembles a chefs hat and some tissue paper disney puts with their take out food and makes me a hat that says "She is looking for a Boyfriend" and "congrats" on it. Here is a pic of the hat:

P1060451.jpg

After that things died down a lot. all in all we had an AMAZING atmosphere, great service, great server/customer interaction and great food! If your looking for a good time and many laughs then definitely come to Whispering canyon cafe.

That is so funny! My sister and I are staying at WL for the first time in August. Since we're there I decided that we would have to eat here. My sister has no idea that the servers play it up like that so she'll be very surprised (or maybe mad at me!) :rotfl: Great review!!

That is so funny! My sister and I are staying at WL for the first time in August. Since we're there I decided that we would have to eat here. My sister has no idea that the servers play it up like that so she'll be very surprised (or maybe mad at me!) :rotfl: Great review!!

Oh, my mom and I love staying at the wilderness lodge! I hope you and your sister enjoy it! I also hope your sister doesn't get 2 mad about the servers playing up the theme. Most of the servers aren't as wild as mine was last time. It all depends on who you get. With that being said even the tamest of servers will still do crazy things like make you yell for your ketchup and they may ask you what color the soap in the bathroom is and other little gimicks like that. Hopefully you and your sister have a great dinner. :)

:rotfl: My mom and I just got back from WL. We ate there for breakfast and our waiter wasn't too crazy, but he did tell us that Epcot stands for "Every person comes out tired" :laughing:

Congrats on graduating! I graduate in June :banana:

Hilarious! I love the antics at WC but my dd (20) won't go with me anymore because she always gets picked on. Sounds like you had fun--Congratulations and hope you find that boyfriend soon! ;)

:lmao::rotfl2: We have WCC on our list, but we have not made it there yet. Perhaps a stay at WL is what I need to inspire me to eat at WCC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter