"She's Gotta Put the Biscuits Back in the Can" A May/June 2017 TR *COMPLETE 1/5*

I love how you start off every day with "My alarm went off at X:XX but really it was Y:YY before I moved. :rotfl2:

That is the story of my life. I set my alarm for 15-20 minutes before I actually need to get up every day, because I know I won't actually get up when that alarm goes off.

Love the safari pics!

Thanks!

Great safari pics, glad it was a good one!!

Thank you!

I have an adr at Tusker House around the same ti,e you have in about two weeks. Hoping for a good review. Chose that time because I heard you get to have some breakfast and lunch at that time.

We love Tusker House, and *spoiler alert* this time was no different! And yes it is true about getting breakfast and lunch in one ADR. By the time we went up for seconds, about half the buffet had switched over to lunch foods.

This looks amazing. We are going there next summer for first time in over 25 years. Only reason going is for Harry Potter. Both my boys love the books and movies.

This very quickly became my new favorite snack, and Kelsey and I both collected quite a few Mickey straws by the end of our trip. :thumbsup2
This looks and sounds yummy! May have to try one or next month since it will still be hot!

We wandered through the gift shop that's over there (I cannot remember the name of it for the life of me:confused3).
I love that little shop! So many cute things!!

Mom and I decided to share the New York strip steak, but we forgot to take a picture before we split it. Oops!
I love the steak! It's so good!

36184240042_f66e9c810e.jpg

MK_BEOURGUESTCHAR_20170531_402842569640
Great picture of everyone!

As we made our way towards Tomorrowland, we spotted a double rainbow!

IMG_2311
by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr
Gorgeous!!

Just in case anyone was curious, I wore Mickey Mouse earrings and Donald Duck socks on the first day for good luck. :mickeyjum:donald:
Hope school is going well! Being from Alabama, MSU is a usually a big rival for us!

It was a very scary couple of days, but I am happy to report that my friend's brother is perfectly fine! In fact, his doctors said that he set records for how quickly he recovered after being in septic shock. I'm so thankful he's okay, and when I see him now, he doesn't act like anything ever happened! :cool1:
Glad everything is ok! Sepsis is nothing to play around with!

We decided to call an Uber to make travel to the Boardwalk easier. Our driver picked us up at 6:15pm. I'll admit, Uber is kind of sketchy to me, but everything was fine (obviously). We arrived at the Boardwalk at 6:25pm.
We have the sketchiest UBER experience ever in april!

Even Simba was up and walking around!:simba:

IMG_2373
You KS are so good! I love seeing when the lions are up and about!
Can't wait to read more!

Love all your photopass pics! Those photographers must've had a blast with y'all. And that's so neat you caught Simba AWAKE and walking around. Wow. Must've been a really good day today.

I love your pics from the top of the Coca Cola lounge! That's a really cool place in DS to get pics done, I'll have to go there next time!

Now I need to make it my life's mission to get into a rap battle in Disney Springs.

Yikes, I'm sorry it took so long for you guys to add another day to your ticket package. Other than that, it sounds like it was a nice, quiet evening at DS which is always a good thing!

You guys took SUCH cute pics in front of DAK, and I love the photo frame one in front of the Tree of Life!

BRUH. ALL of your Safari pics came out incredible but those ones of SIMBA? Amazing. Those are money shots right thurr. Were you able to hear a roar or do you think it was more like a yawning-but-it-looks-like-a-roar type deal?

Following, looks like an amazing trip

:welcome:

This looks amazing. We are going there next summer for first time in over 25 years. Only reason going is for Harry Potter. Both my boys love the books and movies.

WWoHP is amazing! I hope y'all have a wonderful time!

Can't wait for next update, great report

Thank you so much!

This looks and sounds yummy! May have to try one or next month since it will still be hot!

You definitely should! It became my new favorite Disney snack on this trip. :)

I love the steak! It's so good!

I love it! I think I've gotten it every time we've gone to BOG for dinner (which is only twice LOL).

Hope school is going well!

Thanks so much! I'm really loving it!

I love your pics from the top of the Coca Cola lounge!

Thank you!!:goodvibes

Now I need to make it my life's mission to get into a rap battle in Disney Springs.

:rotfl:

You guys took SUCH cute pics in front of DAK, and I love the photo frame one in front of the Tree of Life!

Thanks! I was happy that the one with the frame turned out so well, since the others were blurry.

BRUH. ALL of your Safari pics came out incredible but those ones of SIMBA? Amazing. Those are money shots right thurr. Were you able to hear a roar or do you think it was more like a yawning-but-it-looks-like-a-roar type deal?

Thank ya. That was definitely a roar. I just didn't realize it was happening fast enough to take a video.:laughing:

Love all your photopass pics! Those photographers must've had a blast with y'all. And that's so neat you caught Simba AWAKE and walking around. Wow. Must've been a really good day today.

Thanks so much! It was a fabulous safari day--definitely the best one I've ever had!

"Is She Twelve?"
Day 7, Part 2

After our Safari, we decided we all needed some caffeine, so we made our way back to the AK Starbucks. Andrea and I decided we would go in and just get everyone's drinks rather than us all trying to squeeze in the rather narrow line with Kelsey's wheelchair.

The barista was very chatty and very sweet. I ordered a passion tango tea lemonade and was on my way back outside pretty quickly. It took Andrea a little longer because she couldn't decide what she wanted and because, as previously mentioned, the barista was rather chatty. In the end, Kelsey got a peach green tea lemonade, and Andrea got a cold-brewed coconut something or another. When she came out of the building, though, she was laughing...hard.

Of course, we asked her what was so funny. She then proceeded to tell us about her conversation with the barista after I'd left the shop.

Barista: "Is that your daughter?" (Whatever, not an uncommon mistake)
Andrea: "No, she's actually my niece."
B: "What is she, like 12?"

WHAT.

shocked-150x150.gif

A: "No, she's actually 18."
B: "Really? I normally really over-estimate people's ages."

Again...

WHAT.

200_s-3.gif

Kelsey, of course, found this interaction to be absolutely hilarious. In fact, I think she laughed for a solid 10 minutes. Which prompted me to threaten to leave her & her wheelchair somewhere and go on without her. (We really are best friends, I promise.:laughing:)

We decided to take our Starbucks and walk through the Gorilla Falls Trail. Unfortunately, the gorillas were hiding, so please enjoy these pictures of other random animals who are definitely not gorillas.:thumbsup2

IMG_2378 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

IMG_2381 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

After our jungle trek (sort of), we stopped in one of the gift shops in Harambe Market.

IMG_2386 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

I ended up buying a headband, but I didn't take a picture. Then, it was time to check in for our ADR! :mickeyjum

Our ADR was 10:45am, and I'm pretty sure we were seated right around then. We were given some of the oh-so-delicious jungle juice (or whatever the heck it's actually called), and our waiter gave me some handy -dandy allergy guides.

These are literal charts that tell you exactly what you can and can't eat with certain allergies.

Unknown-2.jpg
I found this picture on Google. Not the greatest quality, but you get the idea. I'd never seen these before, and it was really helpful to have, and much less time-consuming than speaking with a chef.:thumbsup2

We took turns going up to get plates. I'm not sure whose is whose, but these were some of our plates.

IMG_3391 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

IMG_3392 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

IMG_3579 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

I know we ate more than that, but those are the only pictures I have.:confused3

Soon, our visitors starting coming by! Mickey, Donald, and Goofy all came in pretty rapid succession.

IMG_3396 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

IMG_4862

IMG_3394 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

IMG_3395 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

IMG_3709 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

IMG_3399 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

IMG_4864

IMG_4868

(They were making fun of us.)

Then we had a gap in time before Daisy, which was long enough for us to go get some more food. At this point, they'd started putting out some lunch foods, which we were excited to try!

Before long, Daisy made her appearance!

IMG_3402 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

IMG_4872

We all had a really great experience at Tusker House. It's one of Mom's favorites, for sure! We all agreed that we liked the breakfast selection better than what we saw of the lunch, but all of the food was really yummy! :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Omg that's hilarious. Frankly, I'd be a bit offended because I'd take it as a comment on my behavior but I'm glad you guys could take it in stride and laugh.

That new allergy sheet must be very very new because my sisters still had to have the Chef take them around back in December when we went to Tusker House. Bless them for doing that, makes life so much easier.

All your food choices look delicious and your character photos are adorable! Looks like you had a fun time! :goodvibes

"What is she, like 12?" Story. Of. My. Life.

Awwww, look at da fishies swimming around!

Harambe Market usually has some really cute stuff to buy, glad you found a headband!

TUSKER HOUSE! My fav! What cute pictures!

Even Simba was up and walking around!:simba:

Amazing Photo! I don't think I have ever seen the Lion doing anything else but laying on that rock!

Also Amazing!

Kelsey, of course, found this interaction to be absolutely hilarious. In fact, I think she laughed for a solid 10 minutes. Which prompted me to threaten to leave her & her wheelchair somewhere and go on without her. (We really are best friends, I promise.:laughing:)
Isn't that what best friends are for?

LOL omgosh what a funny story! :rotfl:

Now, I find it hilarious. At the time...not so much. :thumbsup2

Girl I feel your pain!

Unfortunately, this would continue to happen not just on our trip, but throughout my summer in general. :confused3

Glad to read you liked Tusker House "brunch" I have a 10:35 am adr next week.

Tusker House is fabulous! I hope you enjoy it!

joining, better late than never! I've read it all in two days, love it!

:welcome: Thanks so much!

Omg that's hilarious. Frankly, I'd be a bit offended because I'd take it as a comment on my behavior but I'm glad you guys could take it in stride and laugh.

I think it's just because I've never been able to fully shed the chipmunk cheeks. *Sigh* I've just learned to accept it.:laughing:

That new allergy sheet must be very very new because my sisters still had to have the Chef take them around back in December when we went to Tusker House. Bless them for doing that, makes life so much easier.

It certainly wasn't a thing when we were there in February. It most certainly made things so much simpler!

"What is she, like 12?" Story. Of. My. Life.

I mean basically.

TUSKER HOUSE! My fav! What cute pictures!

Thanks!

This is adorable.

Aw, thank you!

And I'm really happy to hear your friend's brother is okay. That's a really scary phone call to get any time, let alone on vacation.

Thank you! He's doing really great, and we're all so relieved that he's ok!

Also Amazing!

Thank you! :goodvibes

Isn't that what best friends are for?

If not, then we've been doing it wrong our entire lives. ;)

Hellllloooooo humans!!!! (*cue screams*) :wave::wave: It has been a crazy couple of weeks around here. My classes are really starting to pick up speed, and I've been consumed by homework and papers as of late. But I have a little bit of free time this morning, so I thought I would hop on over here and crank out an update. :thumbsup2

"Is She Twelve?"
Day 7, Part 3

After our breakfast/lunch, we made our way over to what is probably my favorite thing in AK: FotLK! :simba:
I think we were in the giraffe section this time...I think. :confused3

The show was fabulous as always! Kelsey absolutely adores The Lion King, and it had been a long time since she'd seen the show, so it was fun to experience it with her!

After the show, Mom and Kelsey went to go use their FPs for EE. Andrea and I didn't really want to ride, so we went and got in line to meet King Louie and Baloo instead. This was a M&G that I've always wanted to do, but I'd never been willing to wait in the line that always seems to back up here. Thankfully, the wait wasn't bad at all today!:banana:

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_402898977331

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_402879724755

After our M&G, we walked toward EE to meet back up with Mom and Kelsey. When we found them, Mom said she'd thought she was going to die. Kelsey said it was less scary that BTMRR. :confused3

This was their ride photo.

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_20170602_402846740198

Wait a minute. I think we need to get a little closer to really appreciate the quality of this ride photo.

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_20170602_402847170601

Now that's better. :laughing:

At this point, it was time to use our FPs for Dinosaur. This is one of Mom's absolute favorites, so she was excited. Unfortunately for all of us, this was apparently a big day for elementary school field trip groups. And, of course, one of these very large groups got in the FP line with us. There had to have been 20 or 25 kids with one adult. I'm sure you can imagine what that was like. :confused:

Dinosaur was as jerky and smelly as always.:rotfl:

AK_DINOSAURRIDE_20170602_402847161871

AK_DINOSAURRIDE_20170602_402847161875

Clearly, none of us were very scared. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts