"She's Gotta Put the Biscuits Back in the Can" A May/June 2017 TR *COMPLETE 1/5*

I'm sorry your day kinda got cut short. What a mess it is when it rains and rides have to shut down along with rides having mechanical issues shutting down. Bless you for being smart and avoiding those FP lines. Every MK attractions CM thanks you profusely.

It was definitely an interesting day, to say the least. Thankfully, Mom and I have been doing this long enough that when can tell when a line is backed up because of MB scanning versus when it is truly that long. :)

Awww, I love Pop and AoA for that. I realized when I stayed at AoA that you could see the fireworks from the room then saw it again when I stayed at Pop with my family. It's such a nice surprise for two lovely resorts. I'm glad that was how your night ended.

We knew that there was a possibility we'd be able to see some fireworks from DHS, but we weren't expecting to see HEA & Illuminations as well! It was nice to be able to see some fireworks that night, after all, despite leaving early.

So everytime you write MSUSA I read it as MACUSA (Magical Congress of the United States of America from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them)! Makes me confused for a split second!

Oh goodness, I can see how that would be confusing! :)

That double rainbow!! What an awesome pic!

Thank you!

I'm sorry you all had to cut your night short. I can understand not wanting to be there without Kelsey & Andrea though!

We were bummed, but we all just really wanted Kelsey to feel better. And we've been talking about this trip for so long, I just didn't want to do anything without her!

Wow I'm so late in jumping in but here I am!

Your trip looks like a blast- how special to be able to spend it with your family!!

I'm glad you're getting settled in to college life. That was a huge transition for me but also one of the most exciting experiences :D

Can't wait to see what's next!

Your dorm room is so cute! Where did you get your castle blanket? Good luck in your first year! I'm about to start my senior year of college and I think it went by faster than high school did.

Your MK day sounds like so much fun other than Kelsey not feeling well. Hopefully her luck turned around as the trip went on.

Wow I'm so late in jumping in but here I am!

Your trip looks like a blast- how special to be able to spend it with your family!!

I'm glad you're getting settled in to college life. That was a huge transition for me but also one of the most exciting experiences :D

Can't wait to see what's next!

:welcome::welcome:

Your dorm room is so cute! Where did you get your castle blanket? Good luck in your first year! I'm about to start my senior year of college and I think it went by faster than high school did.

Your MK day sounds like so much fun other than Kelsey not feeling well. Hopefully her luck turned around as the trip went on.

Thank you so much! I got that blanket in the Emporium this past February as part of a "spend this much money and you can get this for a discounted price" kind of deal. :)

"How Ya Doing' Jose?"
Day 6

Our Plans:
Sleep in!
Spend some time at the pool
Beaches and Cream 7:00pm ADR
Disney Springs

Hello, all! I know, I know, it's unusual for me to get two updates done in one day, but I have some free time tonight, so I figured, why not? :thumbsup2 Thanks to all of you who have stuck with me so far. :D:D I'm going to try my best to balance school and finishing this TR, so I apologize in advance if updates become more and more scarce.

RL Sidebar: I started classes this week! This was the "First Day of School" picture I sent my parents as I walked to my first class.

IMG_3475
by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

Just in case anyone was curious, I wore Mickey Mouse earrings and Donald Duck socks on the first day for good luck. :mickeyjum:donald:

Anyways...

This day was what we considered our "rest day." Nobody really moved until around 11am. I'm pretty sure we were all awake before then, but nobody got out of bed. :faint: Once we did finally start moving, we decided to get food in the food court and eat lunch at one of the tables near the pool. As we got up and dressed, we also got dirty clothes together so we (Mom and Andrea) could do laundry while we were down at the pool. It was also as we were getting ready that Andrea experience an...unfortunate...Nair burn. That's all I'm going to say about that. :rolleyes1

It was a little before 1:00 when we made it down to the pool. Mom and Andrea went down first to put clothes in the wash. Kelsey and I met up with them, and then staked out a table so they could go get their food. When they got back, Kelsey and I went to get our food.

Mom and Andrea split some sort of southwest burger that they didn't take a picture of.:upsidedow

Kelsey was feeling a little better this morning and got a pulled BBQ pork sandwich.

IMG_2320

I got a bacon cheeseburger.

IMG_2319

Everyone really enjoyed their lunches! Once our bellies were full, we went to spend some time by the pool.

IMG_2321

We didn't lay out for very long though, because it was very very hot! We all got in the water and entertained ourselves with handstand competitions and the fact that I am incapable of floating on my back. :rotfl: Then we laughed as Andrea got scolded by a lifeguard for trying to bring her drink with her to the pool side. :laughing:

Around 3:40, I went back up to the room to shower, and I know Kelsey followed not long after. When I got out of the shower, Mom told me that when she and Andrea went to get the clothes out of the dryer, some of our clothes were missing! They had laid them out on the counter, because they didn't want them to get put in the dryer, and when they came back, they were gone!

Mom called the front desk to let them know, then went back down the laundry to help Andrea look. They did finally find our clothes in one of the very top corner dryers. Apparently someone had seen the clothes, put them in the dryer, and paid for the cycle??:confused3:confused3

Once all the clothes had been located, we all helped fold and sort while taking turns in the showers. I may or may not have fallen asleep at some point during all of this. :thumbsup2

At some point this afternoon, I got a call from a friend back home. I instantly was worried, because I knew she knew I was in Disney, and I had no idea why she was calling me. When I answered, she told me that my best friend's younger brother was in the in the hospital in septic shock. She basically said "I know you're on your trip, but I also knew you'd want to know."

It was a very scary couple of days, but I am happy to report that my friend's brother is perfectly fine! In fact, his doctors said that he set records for how quickly he recovered after being in septic shock. I'm so thankful he's okay, and when I see him now, he doesn't act like anything ever happened! :cool1:

At the time of our trip, though, I didn't know what was going to happen. I tried not to let my concern ruin my night and got ready to head to the Boardwalk.

We decided to call an Uber to make travel to the Boardwalk easier. Our driver picked us up at 6:15pm. I'll admit, Uber is kind of sketchy to me, but everything was fine (obviously). We arrived at the Boardwalk at 6:25pm.

It was not long after this that we realized our grave mistake. Beaches and Cream is at the Beach Club, not the Boardwalk. Of course, you can walk between the two, so it isn't a big deal, right? Except that by now...it was raining. :eek:

We waited a few minutes for the ferry, but it didn't look like another one was coming any time soon. We didn't want to miss our ADR, so we decided to tough it out and walk. Thankfully, it wasn't a torrential downpour so we didn't get *too* wet.

We made it to B&C a few minutes before our ADR time. We were given a pager and went to sit and wait. We probably only waited 10 minutes or so before we were shown our table. We were seated in one of the booths on the left hand side when you walk in.

IMG_2323

IMG_2324

I got a Fudge Mud Slide. :lovestruc

IMG_2328

Mom and Andrea each got a No Way Jose.

IMG_3377

Kelsey got a Frozen Sunshine (it had some sort of sherbet I think).

IMG_3376

Everything was so YUMMY!! Andrea absolutely devoured her sundae.

IMG_2331

After she took the last bite, Mom looked at her and asked "How ya doin' Jose?" Andrea didn't get it at first, but Kelsey and I were cracking up. :laughing:

Once everyone was done eating, we made our way to the Beach Club bus stops to catch a bus to Disney Springs! :cool1:

DOUBLE RAINBOW!!!

I'm sorry the night ended on such a sad note. People Mover and 7DMT are two lovely rides, though! I'm glad you got to ride them before going back home.

YOUR FIRST DAY OF CLASSES PIC! So happy for you! You look like such a classic southern college gal!

That sounded like a really nice afternoon (despite the laundry kerfluffle). Sleep in, lunch, pool, a quick nap... what more could you want?

Septic shock is seriously no joke. I'm so glad your friend's brother is recovering quickly!

Beaches and Cream is so yummy!

Can't wait to hear about your Disney Springs adventure :)

YOUR FIRST DAY OF CLASSES PIC! So happy for you! You look like such a classic southern college gal!

Thanks so much!! :goodvibes

That sounded like a really nice afternoon (despite the laundry kerfluffle). Sleep in, lunch, pool, a quick nap... what more could you want?

It was really nice, especially considering how much we'd crammed into the few days before. :flower1:

Septic shock is seriously no joke. I'm so glad your friend's brother is recovering quickly!

He was very lucky, and we are all glad he's okay! Very thankful for modern medicine.

Beaches and Cream is so yummy!

It's one of my favorites! The last time I had been was in 2012 (the last time Andrea & Kelsey were in WDW with us), so it was nice to go back!

"How Ya Doin' Jose?"
Day 6, Part 2

It was a couple minutes before 8pm when we reached the bus stops. We probably waited about 10 minutes for a Disney Springs bus, which was not bad at all, considering those busses can sometimes be pretty scarce! :) Before long, we were in DS!

Our first stop was the Coca-Cola Store, where you can apparently meet the Coke polar bear?? Anyways...

Mom found a cute purse. :laughing:

IMG_2334

We went all the way up to the top floor and out onto the patio-type thing. It had a really nice view of Disney Springs!

IMG_2337

When we made our way out of the Coke store, we were met with the sounds of a couple guys in a rap battle.

It was...interesting.:rotfl:

From there, we made our way to Guest Services to add a park day to our tickets. I'll be honest, this was a much more painful process than it has been in the past. But I also, didn't notice her "Earning My Ears" ribbon until we'd been there for half an hour. Eventually, we got everything worked out, and our tickets were now 6 days instead of 5.:thumbsup2

We had about an hour before World of Disney closed, we decided to wander through there before heading back to Pop. I don't think anyone actually bought anything tonight, but we all took pictures of different things so we wouldn't forget things we wanted to come back for. :thumbsup2

We tried to stop at the PP Studio to get some pictures taken, but it was closed. :( So we made our way to the bus stop instead. When we walked up at 10:48, there was already a bus there. :banana:

When we got back to Pop, Andrea and Mom went down to the food court, while I made an ice bath for my feet. (Backstory: I broke three bones in my right foot in 2016, and then I severely sprained my left ankle in March.)

Once everyone was back in the room, we made FP+ reservations for AK since we now had enough ticket days to do so. We all crashed a little before midnight.:faint:

Up Next: Animal Kingdom!

I'm glad to hear school is going so well for you so far! And frankly, it only gets better from there.

Septic shock?! Omg. Glad to hear he's doing ok now. That's not something you'd want to hear about a friend while on vacation. Must've sent him a boat load of pixie dust, I'm sure.

Yay for Beaches N Cream! Very weird to hear about a visit to Beaches N Cream without a Kitchen Sink but all those sundaes look delightful. I'll have to go back and try a few of those mmmmmmm

DID YOU GO TO THE COCA COLA STORE AND NOT MEET THE COKE POLAR BEAR?! SHAME ON YOU. Jk, he's pretty easy to miss. I believe he's on the second or third floor. It's tucked away off to the side when you enter into the gift shop area of the floor. He's TOTALLY worth meeting tho. He's very animated and big and gives lovely hugs. Also the photographers and the attendants there are SOOOO amazing. 10/10 would recommend for next time.

Love the vids of y'all dancing to "Classic". Such a bop.

Those rappers are everywhere. They are so entertaining. My sisters got involved in a rap battle with them when they came to visit me on my program. I wasn't there, but I think my mom got some vids. It was pretty funny.

Sorry that you ran into a CM newbie when trying to fix your tickets. But glad it was all squared away for the next day. Can't wait to hear about your DAK adventures! :thumbsup2

I'm glad to hear school is going so well for you so far! And frankly, it only gets better from there.

Thanks! I am currently sitting in a very crowded student union because it is raining and I don't feel like sitting outside LOL. I'm really excited about the rest of the semester!

Septic shock?! Omg. Glad to hear he's doing ok now. That's not something you'd want to hear about a friend while on vacation. Must've sent him a boat load of pixie dust, I'm sure.

Oh absolutely!

Yay for Beaches N Cream! Very weird to hear about a visit to Beaches N Cream without a Kitchen Sink but all those sundaes look delightful. I'll have to go back and try a few of those mmmmmmm

Haha, I've honestly never even wanted to try a Kitchen Sink, but I also think I'm allergic to some of the things that come on it (don't quote me on that, though).

DID YOU GO TO THE COCA COLA STORE AND NOT MEET THE COKE POLAR BEAR?! SHAME ON YOU. Jk, he's pretty easy to miss. I believe he's on the second or third floor. It's tucked away off to the side when you enter into the gift shop area of the floor. He's TOTALLY worth meeting tho. He's very animated and big and gives lovely hugs. Also the photographers and the attendants there are SOOOO amazing. 10/10 would recommend for next time.

I'll have to remember that for next time!

Sounds like a nice, lowkey day! So glad you were able to find your missing clothes!

It was a very nice break in the craziness of our trip!

Sounds like a really fun day!! Also glad Kelsey was starting to feel better, it stinks to not feel well on vacay. Hope your first week of school is going well.

RL Sidebar: I started classes this week! This was the "First Day of School" picture I sent my parents as I walked to my first class.

Love it!

Apparently someone had seen the clothes, put them in the dryer, and paid for the cycle??:confused3:confused3
Maybe someone thought they were spreading some pixie dust?!?! Maybe? no?...

Sounded like a nice and relaxing day!

Sounds like a really fun day!! Also glad Kelsey was starting to feel better, it stinks to not feel well on vacay. Hope your first week of school is going well.

It was! And thank you! I'm really loving it so far!

:flower1:

Maybe someone thought they were spreading some pixie dust?!?! Maybe? no?...

That's what we think, but it was still really odd.

Sounded like a nice and relaxing day!

It really was! Nice, relaxing, and full of ice cream!

"Is She Twelve?"
Day 7

Our Plans:

Rope-Drop at AK
Kilaminjaro Safaris 8:00-9:00
Tusker House 10:45am ADR
Expedition Everest 11:45-12:45
Dinosaur 12:45-1:45
Evening EMH at AK

This morning, my alarm went off at 5:40am:sad1:, but it was closer to 6:20 before I actually moved. We all got ready to go and were out the door around 7:20am. When we got down to the bus stop, the screen didn't even show an estimated time for an AK bus. And then there were 4 MK busses in a row! Finally, an AK bus arrived around 7:50. 20 minutes later, we were pulling up to Animal Kingdom! :dogdance:

IMG_2353

We stopped for some PhotoPass pics out front.

AK_ENTR_20170602_8049420246

AK_ENTR_20170602_402847019937

Then, having determined that walking + heat = sick Kelsey, we stopped to rent her a wheelchair to try and keep the illness at bay. Then, we made our way into the park!

IMG_2354

Of course, we had to stop for some pictures in front of the Tree. We took a bunch, but this was the only one that wasn't blurry.:sad1:

AK_TRPLAZARIGHT_20170602_8049401588

From there, it was on to our FPs for Kilimanjaro Safaris! This was honestly one of the best safaris I've ever experienced. There were SO many animals out and about, and it was really cool to see.

IMG_2357

IMG_2358

It's a giraffic jam! :rotfl:

IMG_2362

IMG_2365

IMG_2367

IMG_2366

IMG_2368

IMG_2370

IMG_2371

IMG_2372

Even Simba was up and walking around!:simba:

IMG_2373

"I'm working on my ROAR!"

IMG_2374

IMG_2377

IMG_3378

I have an adr at Tusker House around the same ti,e you have in about two weeks. Hoping for a good review. Chose that time because I heard you get to have some breakfast and lunch at that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!