"She's Gotta Put the Biscuits Back in the Can" A May/June 2017 TR *COMPLETE 1/5*

the2ndstar2theright

DIS Veteran
“She’s Gotta Put the Biscuits Back in the Can” A May/June 2017 TR

"This is our song; that’s all that matters, because we all belong right here together! There’s nothing better than singing along. This is our summer; this is our song!"

Hi there, and welcome to my TR! :welcome: If you’re a returning guest, welcome back! If you’re new to my ramblings, thanks for joining us!:wave: And props to any of you who recognize the song lyrics above! :flower1: I’m so excited to have y’all along for the ride as I relive this trip of a lifetime! This trip was full of laughter, food, and (of course) pixie dust! :tinker:

Let’s get started! But first, if any of you folks are wearing hats or glasses, best remove them, because this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness!:jumping1:

Table of Contents
Introductions
Background
It's Graduation Day! (Day 0)
"Are We There Yet?" (Day 1)
"We're in Dumbledore's Office!" (Day 2)
Part 1

Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
"We Have Tan Lines!" (Day 3)
Part 1

Part 2
Part 3
"I'm Giving Up. Tell Champ I Love Him!" (Day 4)
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
"Why Did Adele Cross the Road?" (Day 5)
Part 1
Part 2

Interruption to Regular Programming #1
RL Update 8.13.17
"Why Did Adele Cross the Road?" (Day 5, contd.)
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

"How Ya Doin' Jose?" (Day 6)
Part 1
Part 2
"Is She Twelve?" (Day 7)
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
"We Didn't Mean to Leave You in China." (Day 8)
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
The One with the Frozen Lemonade (Day 9)
Part 1

Interruption to Regular Programming #2
RL Update 12.11.17

The One with the Frozen Lemonade (Day 9, contd.)
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
"She's Gotta Put the Biscuits Back in the Can" (Day 10)
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
The One with Too Much Water (Day 11)

Interruption to Regular Programming #3
New PTR Link!

The Day of the Drowned Rats (Day 12)
Part 1
Part 2
Ornaments, Coffee Mugs, and Bath Bombs, Oh My! (Day 13)
One Last Travel Day (Day 14)
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/shes-gotta-put-the-biscuits-back-in-the-can-a-may-june-2017-tr-update-1-5-x2.3615854/page-14#post-58641752"]Post-Trip Thoughts & Trip Video![/URL]

Last edited:
*pulls up a chair and some popcorn*

Following! I've been SO waiting for this TR!

Introductions

First things first: we need to introduce our cast!

IMG_3028 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr
Me
Hi there! My name is Lindsey, and I'm an 18 year old Disney fanatic. This trip, fondly known as our "Graduation Extravaganza" was my 11th trip to the World! Some of my favorites...

Favorite Character: Tinker Bell
Favorite Princess: Aurora or Belle (though Moana is pretty amazing too!)
Favorite Movie: The Rescuers or The Lion King
Favorite Song: "How Far I'll Go"
Favorite Ride: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Show/Attraction: Fantasmic!
Favorite Table Service: Be Our Guest
Favorite Counter Service: Earl of Sandwich
Favorite Disney Snack: Frozen Lemonade Slushy

I
MG_3272 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr
Kelsey
Kelsey is my cousin and my Best Friend Since Day One. We've grown up together, and I don't know what I would do without her! This was her 3rd trip to WDW. Some of her favorites...
Favorite Character: Kiara
Favorite Princess: Belle
Favorite Movie: The Lion King or The Little Mermaid
Favorite Song: "Reflection"
Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom or Epcot
Favorite Show/Attraction: Festival of the Lion King
Favorite Table Service: Tusker House
Favorite Disney Snack: Mickey Pretzel or anything with a Mickey straw

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_402879724755 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr
Andrea
Andrea is my mom's sister and Kelsey's mom. She's pretty hilarious most of the time (even if Kelsey doesn't think so. ;) ) This was her 7th trip to the World. Some of her favorites...
Favorite Character: Daisy Duck
Favorite Princess: Snow White
Favorite Movie: The Little Mermaid
Favorite Song: "Be Our Guest"
Favorite Ride: Miss Adventure Falls (Typhoon Lagoon)
Favorite Park: Hollywood Studios
Favorite Show/Attraction: Mickey's Philharmagic
Favorite Table Service: Kona Cafe
Favorite Disney Snack: Milk Chocolate Salted Caramel from Germany

IMG_1951 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr
Amy
Amy is better known to me as "Mom" and as 2Monkeys here on the DIS. She's my rock, and every day I discover that I'm more and more like her than I realized. She created the Disney monster, as she likes to call me, but had no idea that's what she was doing when she took me for the first time!:laughing: This was her 15th trip to WDW. Some of her favorites...
Favorite Character: Mickey Mouse
Favorite Princess: Belle
Favorite Movie: Aladdin
Favorite Song: "Part of Your World"
Favorite Ride: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Show/Attraction: Frozen Singalong (though Mickey's Philharmagic holds a special place in her heart)
Favorite Table Service: Kona Cafe
Favorite Disney Snack: Shakin' Jamaican Bailey's Coffee

That's us! Kelsey and I have been planning to take our graduation trip together since we were 13, so to say that this trip was long-awaited would be an understatement! :laughing: Now, without further ado, I present our Graduation Extravaganza!

Last edited:

Introductions look fabulous! Great choice of "favorite QSFB" across the board!

Introductions look fabulous! Great choice of "favorite QSFB" across the board!

Thanks!! I've been compiling a list of questions to ask everyone for a while as I read through other people's TRs. It was a good way to pass time in the car!

Can't wait to hear all about the trip! It is so great that you are so close with your cousin!

:welcome: Glad to have you! I love that Kelsey and I are as close as we are--she's my go-to person (besides my mom) whenever I need someone to talk to!

Background

Hi there! I figure it's probably a good idea to give a little background to this trip. If you want to read about the planning that went into it all you can read my PTR, And at Last I See...Walt Disney World! A May/June 2017 PTR. I apologize for the pictures that are missing thanks to Photobucket's change of policy. :sad2:

But now for a brief backstory. Kelsey and I have been planning to take our graduation trip together since middle school. Sometime during our freshman year of high school, we decided to take that trip to WDW. :mickeyjumSomewhere along the way, we added Universal to the mix. :woohoo:

Our trip dates were May 27-June 9...by far my longest trip ever! :banana: We planned the first few days at Universal, and we stayed at the Loew's Royal Pacific Resort. On May 30, we switched over to WDW and checked into Pop Century. I'll include our FPs and ADRs with each day as I go.:thumbsup2

That's the gist of this trip! We laughed (a LOT), ate (also a LOT), and made memories that will last a lifetime. I can't wait to share it all with you! :D

P.S. Does anyone have any guesses about what movie those song lyrics are from?? :scratchin

Last edited:
Day 0
"It's Graduation Day!"

Let's get on with the show! Now, as we all know, the excitement really begins the day before Disney Day. For me, that was especially true, because that day was Graduation Day!

200-7.gif

The chaos began in the morning. I had to be at my school at 9am to set up my table for the reception that night. I should probably mention that I went to a really tiny school, and there were 22 people in my graduating class. :upsidedow So yes, our graduation was at the school.
This was my table by the time I was done with it. :D

IMG_2027.JPG

I spent the afternoon with my family when I wasn't frantically trying to finish packing. We decided to take pictures before the ceremony since it would be really crowded at the actual event.

IMG_3735 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

That night, I was a nervous wreck. Because I was valedictorian of my class, I had to give a speech. Of course, in true Lindsey fashion, my speech was about Walt Disney. :goodvibes

That night, there were a LOT of people at my house. Once everyone left, Kelsey helped me finish packing, because we're leaving TOMORROW!:scared1:

Needless to say, we were off to a pretty chaotic start. :laughing:

Last edited:
Day 1
"Are We There Yet?"

Now we're getting to the really fun stuff. :flower1: The next morning, I woke up around 6am, but I didn't really move until 7 or so. Mom and I started bringing all of the luggage to the front door so that we could load up as soon as Andrea and Kelsey got there (they stayed at a hotel the night before). My whole family was at my house around 9am for breakfast...except Andrea and Kelsey. o_O Mom called them and discovered that they overslept! :scared1: Andrea's alarm was set on "weekdays only", so it never went off. :sad2: It was probably closer to 9:45 when they got to the house.

We very quickly discovered that 4 women + a 2 week trip = a whole lot of stuff. This isn't even close to everything, but as you can see, Mom and Andrea were deep in thought about how to solve this puzzle.

IMG_2058 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

We finally got everything crammed into the car and were ready to head out! :cool1: It's kind of hard to see, but we're pointing at the big 0 on our countdown. :thumbsup2

IMG_3357 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

We were pulling out of the driveway around 10:35am. Our goal had been 10:30am, so we were pretty happy with that!

This was my Snapchat story as we were leaving.

IMG_2060 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

Because of where we live, south-bound traffic is usually awful on the weekends. Everyone headed to the beach has to drive right past our exit. Surprisingly, though, it wasn't bad at all this morning. We got on the interstate with no problems and really had very little traffic. :banana:

We had been in the car for maybe an hour and a half when we heard the first "Are we there yet?":sad2: Andrea was by far the worst about this! :laughing: Every time she asked, Mom would just say "20 minutes.":rotfl:

We were a few hours into the trip when we began to remember things that we forgot. Mom knew there was a Walmart coming up, so we made a quick stop to grab those few things.:thumbsup2

Soon, we were seeing this!

IMG_2061 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

Throughout the drive, there was a lot of singing. A lot.

For example...

And honestly, that's the quiet version. :laughing: We could get pretty loud.:music:

At some point during our road trip, we ate sandwiches and leftover graduation cake in the car. No stops for us!

This was us about 3 hours out.

If you can't tell, we were pretty excited.

Around 8:30 ET, we were in Orlando! We were staying at the Double Tree in/near Disney Springs this night, and we found a Sweet Tomatoes right down the street.

IMG_2069 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

We discovered Sweet Tomatoes five years ago when we came to Disney with my whole family (there were 13 of us). It's a restaurant full of buffets with salads, soups, pizza, desserts...it's so yummy!

After dinner, we could see a Pirate's Adventure Mini Golf across the parking lot, so we decided to head over and play.

IMG_2072 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

If I remember correctly, Mom won. After our round of mini golf, we checked into our hotel around midnight. Our room was really nice, but I didn't get pictures before all of our crap was everywhere. :confused3

IMG_2074 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

IMG_2075 by the2ndstartotheright, on Flickr

IMG_2076 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

IMG_2077 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

IMG_2078 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

Once we got all of our stuff inside, I took a shower, and we all got ready for bed. I honestly have no idea what time it was when we all crashed. :laughing:

Last edited:
I can feel the excitement in your posts! It must have been a tight fit driving with four ladies and all your luggage!

Congrats on the graduation!

This is SO off topic but I spotted that MSU banner and I'm so excited for you! I know that MSU has some amazing sororities on campus, do you think you're going to rush this fall? I know it was the best decision of my life and I'd be more than happy to talk to you about it!

How did I never hear about Sweet Tomatoes during my life in Orlando?!? Sounds amazing.

I'm so happy you got to Orlando safe and that you enjoyed your night at Sweet Tomatoes/Pirates Mini Golf! Can't wait to read more.

I can feel the excitement in your posts! It must have been a tight fit driving with four ladies and all your luggage!

It was a bit of a squeeze, but it wasn't terrible. The hardest part was re-loading the car to come back home and trying to make everything fit a second time! :laughing:

Congrats on the graduation!

Thanks so much!!

This is SO off topic but I spotted that MSU banner and I'm so excited for you! I know that MSU has some amazing sororities on campus, do you think you're going to rush this fall?

I'm actually not planning to, at least not this year. I'm in the honors college, and I'm planning to get a job on campus, so I don't want to over-commit myself.

How did I never hear about Sweet Tomatoes during my life in Orlando?!? Sounds amazing.

It's pretty spectacular. I've only ever seen one in Florida!

I'm so happy you got to Orlando safe and that you enjoyed your night at Sweet Tomatoes/Pirates Mini Golf! Can't wait to read more.

It was definitely a fun first night! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!