Sheraton Vistiana

LAS321

When you wish upon a star...
My daughter is trying to plan a February vacation for her family of four. She can book a resort through her time share (no clue how she does that) and was considering the Sheraton Vistiana. Has anyone stayed there recently? Any thoughts or opinions would be much appreciated. She was given a list of possible places she can book and it's so confusing to know which places are clean, safe and fun for kids. Thanks!!

My daughter is trying to plan a February vacation for her family of four. She can book a resort through her time share (no clue how she does that) and was considering the Sheraton Vistiana. Has anyone stayed there recently? Any thoughts or opinions would be much appreciated. She was given a list of possible places she can book and it's so confusing to know which places are clean, safe and fun for kids. Thanks!!

Just be aware that there are two Sheraton Vistana locations in Orlando - Sheraton Vistana Villages on International Drive and Sheraton Vistana Resort which is off the 535.

I stayed at Sheraton Vistana Resort a few years ago. The units had all been recently renovated, down to the studs, and were gorgeous. I suspect they still are quite nice. The resort has several pools and would be great for a family, just around the corner from Epcot Center Drive.

You can't go wrong with either one of the Sheraton Vistana's (either Resort or Villages). As Hopper said, we have a fairly active thread going for the Resort with lots of information and pics.

Just a general piece of advice for selecting from the many options. If using RCI or II (the larger exchange companies), stick to the Gold Crown or Premier resorts for the Orlando area and you will have few worries (Vistana exchanges in both systems and has these designations). These are generally competent indicators of the resort quality. Your daughter can also read reviews of the resorts on the exchange sites.

You can read reviews on TripAdvisor as well, it's not just hotels, but you tend to have to filter out some of the reviews or take them with a grain (or whole shaker) of salt. Lots of ugly trolls posting there.

These are great places. You have to join for about $15 per year, but TUG2.net is a fabulous site for reading timeshare reviews and has been super helpful to us in choosing what timeshare to pick. Reviews are super detailed compared to normal booking sites. And the people reviewing have stayed in numerous timeshares before and really write reviews that give you a good sense of what your experience will be like.

Reviews on places like Trip Advisor are a little strange for timeshares. Some people are just sooo thrilled with all the space because they have never rented a condo before and give super high ratings. Others sign up for a condo retail and are shocked not to get maid service and give low reviews, etc.

we own at SVR and we do love it there. You can look at the map on the SVR thread mentioned above to request a location that appeals to you. Just say no to the timeshare presentation. We love staying there but aren't happy that we own there.

we own at SVR and we do love it there. You can look at the map on the SVR thread mentioned above to request a location that appeals to you. Just say no to the timeshare presentation. We love staying there but aren't happy that we own there.
sorry you are unhappy owning SVR - since you love to stay there - can you say why you are unhappy owning there? I did own at Westgate it was so awful never could find a buyer so gave it to a charity - would you believe a couple of months later Westgate called me to try to sell it to me.... So glad I don't have to deal with them anymore.

We have stayed at SVR 8 or so times over the years. Love it. We don't care for the Villages.

Read the Vistana thread and reach out for info on how to register through Diamond Lane. We always request a 3rd floor room in the Fountains area overlooking a pond (not the pool). 3rd floor has a skylight . Fountains 1 has the jacuzzi in the bathroom while Fountains 2 it is in the bedroom.

Lots of other good locations as well.

We have stayed at both resorts many times at both resorts always booking directly with Sheraton.

We're staying at the Villas and booked the vacation package through Costco. We liked it so much in 2015 were doing it again in October.

Booking through Costco we had the option of free breakfast or maid service. We choose the maid.

Sheraton Vistana or Sheraton Vistana Villages are both great. They are Marriott, Disney, or Hilton quality.

Twenty years ago, our first timeshare visit in Orlando was at the Vistana Resort (no Sheraton in the name then, I think that Sheraton's purchase of the resort came later) and we had a great time there. Enough so, that we spent some time researching and eventually purchased a couple of timeshare weeks, elsewhere, on the resale market. We've used our timeshare weeks exclusively for exchanges - many of which have been into Orlando area resorts. We've stayed at SVR(esort) two or three times and at SVV(illages) probably three times as well. Our preference has been for the smaller Villages version but both of the Sheraton Vistanas are nice and worth the stay. It's about a 2 1/2 - 3 mile drive to the Disney property line from Vistana Resort and about 5 miles from the Vistana Villages. Generally, the Sheraton resort villas aren't quite as nice as the Marriott villas (at least the newer ones, probably about the same quality as the original Tri-Royal Marriotts) but not so far behind that it would make for a lesser quality resort stay. And the amenities at the Sheratons are at least on par, in my opinion, with those at the Marriotts. Both of the Sheraton resorts in Orlando are well kept, have lots to do for all ages and seem as safe as any of the nicer area timeshare resorts.

We booked a cash room last year there and really enjoyed it. In fact, we enjoyed it so much we were bummed we didn't plan more resort time to enjoy the place! We hit the parks hard for a long weekend. I don't have a negative thing to say. Nice big rooms (1 bedroom), close to WDW (5 MIN drive), clean, lovely, with a ton to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter