Sheraton Vistana Upgrades?

Jim1

Earning My Ears
Hi guys

Recently joined and have a question regarding the Sheraton Vistana and upgrades. I booked my package holiday with my girlfriend from a local travel agents (Glasgow, Scotland) and now the whole holiday is now paid off! Woo Hoo!

We booked a 1 bedroom villa but having looked at the Sheraton website and now having seen the difference between the standard 1 bedroom villa and the 1 bedroom premium villa, it is massive! It looks much more spacious and it is somewhere I would definitely prefer living in for our 2 week holiday.

Would it be easy enough to contact Sheraton and tell them about our intentions? if so does anyone have a contact e-mail address? or would it be better to go to our travel agents who booked the package for us?

Has anyone upgraded this before? how much would we be looking at for 2 weeks?

I have been to the US previously but this is my girlfriends first visit and would like to make it as special as possible!

Cheers folks in advance for any replies

Jim

Jim,

This one is pretty hard to answer. Since it sounds like you are on a package tour, the arrangement is between the resort and tour operator as to the type of room included.

Sheraton used to charge more for premium villa on a hotel stay, and you could specify when booking at Sheraton.com. Now they don't seem to differentiate on their booking site (they only list 1BR with ~300-1000sf size). If you're not already in one, I would think that the premiums might be pretty hard to get but if you have a confirmation number, you can try to request through Diamond Lane (see the link in the long Vistana thread here). It never hurts to ask.

You can also read over the unit description from your confirmation. It may give some indication of the type of unit - does it include square footage? Does it indicate a balcony? (many of the smaller units don't have a balcony). There are a couple of clues that you might use to determine what you can expect when you arrive.

Don't know how else we can help :confused3

On the bright side, don't let it affect your trip if you don't get one. We setup my SIL and her 2 boys in one of the smallest of the Cascades 1BR units last year. They LOVED it :love:, were very comfortable, and had no complaints. The amenities are the same in all the units, so the only thing you are gaining is some floor space. If it's just the two of you, I am pretty sure you will be very happy with a smaller unit too - it is STILL double the size of a regular hotel room anywhere else!:cloud9:

Thank you very much bankr63!

I'm going to speak to the travel agents over the weekend about this. I chatted to Sheraton staff online and they were very helpful and as you mentioned I'll get the confirmation number of the booking to put in the request of an upgrade (Although this cannot be done until closer to the trip).

If there are no premium units available I'm sure it won't ruin our trip so thanks for the detailed feedback.

:)

Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter