• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sheraton Studio City Hotel-Is this a good deal?

twinklingstars4u

Coupon Queen of the County!
Hi, I'm looking to stay near the Convention Center for the weekend of
February 22nd and found this while looking for a hotel:

3 days and 2 nights stay at Sheraton Studio City.
Double Queen Room

2 cocktails in our own Oscar's Lounge upon arrival

A romantic dinner for two in the Starlight Grille

Breakfast each morning

Complimentary scheduled transportation to Universal CityWalk.

Dinner for two in the Latin Quarter Restaurant and Night Club

2 movie passes and admission to all CityWalk nightclubs.

All this for only $149.00 per person
(based on double occupancy)

If anyone has stayed there and can give their opinion on the hotel, and the price, that would be great!

Take care,

MB

Seeing as the Sheraton is usually a good $140-a-night hotel, this looks like a pretty good deal to me, especially with all the 'extras'. It has been extensively refurbished in the film studios theme and is quite a fun and well-run property. It is about a 10-minute drive from the Convention Center and is in a good I-Drive location.

This is an OK deal at best. The hotel goes for $85/night on Expedia, less on Quikbook, Hotel Kingdom, & Hotel Discounts. If you factor in the cost of everything included in the package, its probably a fair deal.

You need to ask yourself if you are really heading to Orlando and are going to catch a movie. You can do that anywhere. Now ask if you REALLY want to eat in the restaurants included in the package.

Personally, I wouldn't want to lock myself into all of that.

That's funny you posted this....was looking at this hotel last night. Cheapest rate going both over the phone and on the Loews Hotel site was $79.00 if you are a AAA member. $85.00/night otherwise. The shuttle service is free for staying there. The other things you would have to price out to see if they add up to the $128-$136 extra you would be paying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter