Sheraton or Fairfield Inn?

SnoWhite

<font color=blue>If you spot a man in plaid pants,
My husband and I are planning a trip to DL in a few weeks. I have done some research, and we are renting a car when we get there. We have pretty much narrowed down the hotels to either the Sheaton Anaheim, or the Marriott Fairfield Inn. If you have any experience with either I'd love to hear about it!

Thanks so much

Lisa

Never been to either, but my e-mail friend LOVES Fairfield and will be going there 10/5/06!!! and she just loves it. She is a frequent guest there. AND it is right across the street from DL!!!!!

The Fairfield is nice, and right across the street from the parks so you can walk to them in the morning. Having said that, the Sheraton is probably my favorite non-Disney hotel. The grounds are beautiful and beds are so comfy.

Pics of the Sheraton Anaheim Hotel

We've stayed at the Sheraton in the past and loved it. The rooms are HUGE, the beds are super comfortable, the hotel lobby is beautiful with a stream running right through it and the staff is very nice and helpful. The only problem that we had with the Sheraton was that the shuttle schedule was unpredictable. It's supposed to run every 30 minutes, but it never did.
If you have your own car, that's not going to be an issue for you.

Iggipolka said:
The only problem that we had with the Sheraton was that the shuttle schedule was unpredictable. It's supposed to run every 30 minutes, but it never did.

Sheraton is the ONLY off property hotel I stay at...I totally love that place...as far as the shuttle Iggipolka...it runs on the 15 and 45 after each hour...Ive never had an issue with the shuttle..theyve always been there on time...Id rather stay there than the Fairfield any day :thumbsup2

We live twenty-five minutes away and will still go and stay at the Sheraton Anaheim. The rooms are very large and the service is great. I highly recommend it.

We live 30 minutes from DL, and stay at the Marriott Fairfield Inn when needed (such as for the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon on Sept. 17). It is sooo convenient to walk to the parks, just right across the street.

Woody

Hey everyone, correct me if I'm wrong, but Isn't the Sheraton very near to the Disneyland parking structure?

It seems like you wouldn't need a car at either of these places, since Fairfield is within walking distance, and from the Sheraton you could easily walk over to the parking structure and catch the free tram.

ter-moo said:
Hey everyone, correct me if I'm wrong, but Isn't the Sheraton very near to the Disneyland parking structure?

It seems like you wouldn't need a car at either of these places, since Fairfield is within walking distance, and from the Sheraton you could easily walk over to the parking structure and catch the free tram.
It is close to the parking structure. The walk would be approx 1/2 mile. We will sometimes take the Sheraton shuttle that leaves every half of an hour or sometimes walk all of the way taking the walkway that goes along the backside of downtown disney. The walk is probably 20 minutes or so.

I love Fairfield Inn. VERY convenient to walk back to the hotel whenever you want. We've timed it: Less than 10 min walk from hotel to entrance to DL. Millies restaurant downstairs is decent (always had good service). The hotel cafe has quick snacks and grab & go breakfast. Video arcade is great for the teens and they have a good view of the fireworks at night. I also like the sofabed option for my two kids. I've stayed at Fairfield Inn Marriott 20+ times and just can't beat the price/convenience.

Another vote for the Sheraton. We have only stayed at the Fairfield once and that was enough. The differences in the rooms alone make the decision for me. The only upside to the Fairfield would be walking distance to the parks. We love the breakfast buffet at the Sheraton and the service is great. Good luck deciding and have a great vacation! :sunny:

We have finally made our reservations, and went with a different hotel, we are actually staying at the Sheraton Park near the convention center. It seems like it will work for us! Thanks for all the great input, I really appreciate all the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter