Share your budget tips?

Azza1987

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

I still haven't booked my sept/oct trip yet, and I'm trying to do this as cheaply as possibly. Cam anyone share any of their wisdom of how to book a trip from U.K. To Florida on a budget?

BA flights currently seem cheapest with just 1 stop but are cheaper booking via travel up rather than direct, anyone booked through them before?

Looking to stay off site this time to keep costs down, any recommendations? Where to stay? I've been looking not too far outside of WDW around LBV and celebration so far!

Trying to work out if hanging on and maybe booking last minute or even seeing what the US deals are later this year? So hard to decide what to do!

our biggest saving for our upcoming August trip was the ba executive club and ba credit card. used the credit card to earn a free companion flight voucher and avios to pay for remaining flights. bit late for you now but massive savings. the flughts alone if paying for the 4 of us would have cost more than our entire holiday

recommend airbnb for finding accommodation at reasonable price if not after a hotel

Wayne is the expert on offsite reasonably priced accommodations...
hopefully he'll come in here and comment

Thanks! There are so many off site options, some seem so super cheap and others aren’t and I don’t want to end up somewhere not suitable.

our biggest saving for our upcoming August trip was the ba executive club and ba credit card. used the credit card to earn a free companion flight voucher and avios to pay for remaining flights. bit late for you now but massive savings. the flughts alone if paying for the 4 of us would have cost more than our entire holiday

recommend airbnb for finding accommodation at reasonable price if not after a hotel

Good idea to use points/rewards from a CC, hadn’t even though of that! I have a look into some options :)

i just copied Wayne's signature where he lists the various hotels he's stayed in...
so that might be a place to begin...obviously, you should look at the more recent dates...
by the way, Wayne's name on the boards is Wayneg

• 1993Travelodge Maingate East,1997Holiday Inn Nikki Bird,1999Sheraton 4 Points/Clearwater Hilton, 2000(Xmas) Disney’s ASMo
  • 2001Travelodge Maingate East, 2002 NYC Crowne Plaza Times Sq./Orlando Sheraton World Resort 2003(Aug) La Quinta Lakeside
  • 2003(Oct) Disney Wonder +Raddison Parkway2004(Oct) Disney Magic + Homewood Suites, 2004(Xmas) Hilton DTD
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek

Personally, I would steer well clear of TravelUp. Ordinarily, I would suggest only booking direct with the airline or via a trusted 3rd party such as ebookers, Expedia, latminute.com etc.

As far as offsite, some of the Disney Springs hotels recently announced they would be offering some onsite benefits, such as 60 day window for FPs. Might be worth checking those out. Wyndham Bonnet Creek is an offsite place that a lot of people rate. It is technically on property and very close to Epcot, in particular, has shuttles to the parks and varying sized accommodations.

Personally, I would steer well clear of TravelUp. Ordinarily, I would suggest only booking direct with the airline or via a trusted 3rd party such as ebookers, Expedia, latminute.com etc.

As far as offsite, some of the Disney Springs hotels recently announced they would be offering some onsite benefits, such as 60 day window for FPs. Might be worth checking those out. Wyndham Bonnet Creek is an offsite place that a lot of people rate. It is technically on property and very close to Epcot, in particular, has shuttles to the parks and varying sized accommodations.

this is a very good point - that the disney springs hotels are now offering onsite benefits for the current year 2018...
so they're worth looking into...

We used Travelup several years ago and personally would never use them ever again. I'm sure other people may recommend them but our flights were changed multiple times. They changed not just times but the airports we were travelling through. After many changes I phoned to explain that we were travelling with my son who is a wheelchair user and we need to plan carefully to accommodate his care needs and were met with a very rude response. Basically grin and bear it - we can do what we want with your flights​

We stay in the extended stay lake buena vista when doing a budget visit. it is close to crossroads to walk and eat and drink in the evening if you wish and also can walk to disney springs. rooms are decent size studio apartments so have to option of making a few meals to save money. oh and the hotel offers a free cheap breakfast nothing fancy cereal toast pastries

our biggest saver is flying in to miami and driving up to orlando early the next day

Champions World Resort in Kissimmee, cheap, clean, central (irlo bronson/192 near target), 3 pools, hot tub, wifi, gym, mini beach, movies, free coffee, mickey waffles. I liked it for a motel type thing it was above and beyond expectations and the shuttles were good to disney parks

Thomas cook airlines have extremely cheap flights, and thomas cook holidays for a package deal. We buy our universal and seaworld tickets from the USA websites. We can then buy this in exaxtly how many days we wish to spend there (usually 2 for universal) and it works out cheaper than buying the two week passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter